Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dr Who- The New Series

According to the BBC, Doctor Who got 10.5 million viewers. Not bad.

Thats very respectable considering it went up against the might of Ant and Dec's Saturday night Takeway and was on a Saturday. So far i've heard a lot of positive stuff about the programme. This Saturday will be when we really begin to see the real Doctor Who

News just in: Dr Who has already been commisioned for a second series! Its still unkown whether CHristopher Ecclestone will return for the second series to reprise his role as DR Who. News over and out!

Quote Originally Posted by *JSW*
    News just in: Dr Who has already been commisioned for a second series! Its still unkown whether CHristopher Ecclestone will return for the second series to reprise his role as DR Who. News over and out!

Oh no, we won't be on the 10th Doctor in the second season??? He'll soon run out of lives!
    The old crow *pecks*

Well Christopher Ecclestone has confirmed he won't be returning o reprise the role so it looks like a 10th Doctor!

I think that is a shame because I thought that Christopher eccleston was very good.

This really annoys me, it should be a honour to play Dr Who, you cant have people messing about with it like this. He should have known that it was going to run for more than one series, if it was successful. If you start having a new doctor every season then it gets incredibly stupid.

It also annoys me how he thinks hes going to be typecast, you dont get typecast unless youve been in something for more than a few years. No ones asking him to be in it for the next 100 years! He could have the decency to make another series. I think unless someone is going to be series in playing the role, then they shouldn't be chosen. I remember hearing news stories about him, saying his mates were teasing him for playing Dr Who , when he got the role. Pfft, should have known then that he wasn't serious.
    The old crow *pecks*

i totally agree, and anyway dr who is a role he will always be known for, its not really the easiest thing to forget is it?
    Last edited by Bad Wolf; 31-03-2005 at 17:50.

It didn't do any harm to Tom Bakers career. We can't have Doctor Who regenerating at a whim. Paul McGann only did one episode ffs!

I can't blame Paul McGann, he didn't exactly quit. Shame they couldn't have brought him back really, but I suppose its been too long.
    The old crow *pecks*

Thread Information