Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr Who- The New Series

Dr Who- The New Series

Well I bought the Radio Times today and they've got a big section on Dr Who (special cover and even a seperate magazine) all in honour of the new series. The first episode already sounds interesting:
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________
    The Time lord who now has many lives as a cat, materialises once more for the 9th incarnation of the classic sci-fi drama.
    Rose After meeting a mysterious stranger Rose Tyler realises her life will never be the same again.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________
    Sounds very introductionish to me. Its a 13 part series and i'm hopeing it should be pretty good (but we all know how re-makes can go disasterishally wrong!)

There are three programmes on Saturday:
    5.25-5.55pm Dr Who- A New Dimension (BBC1)
    Strictly Dance Fever suitably placed in the middle
    7.00-7.45pm Dr Who (episode 1) (BBC1)
    7.45-8.15pm Dr Who- Confidential (BBC3) (also a 13 part series)

Anyway it all sounds really good and I look forward to hereing your opinions!
    Last edited by *JSW*; 24-03-2005 at 14:31.

You know, i am really looking forward to this!

Quote Originally Posted by daisy38
    You know, i am really looking forward to this!
    Same here, hopefully it will come out a good quality and doesn't look really cheap. With it being Easter I expect some hefty rating for epi 1 but whether they can hold them remains to be seen

Angry

Just saw the new series and I wasn't impressed. What a waste of talent. They rehashed an old Doctor Who story called "Terror of the Autons". The storyline was too weak - I really hope it improves, otherwise its gonna be as crap as the Sylvester McCoy era.

They knew a lot depended on the first episode, so why not start it off with a complete sizzler? The only saving grace was the internet conspiracy theory.

Very disappointed.

What was wrong with the Sylvestor Mccoy era? He was one of the first Doctors I watched, I loved him! From what I can remember Dr Who was cancelled in the 80s because of the time it was on. Put it on at a rubbish time so it is competing with other things, and then have a good excuse to get rid of it! Grrr!

I liked it, yeah the dummies weren't exactly the most exciting things, but I liked the Doctor. First episodes are never that exciting anyway, I mean just look at Star Trek, it takes people at least one season to get into a new show.
    The old crow *pecks*

Sylvester McCoy ear was plagued with dire scriptsand poor acting. The reason it was axed was that even die-hard fans stopped watching it.

I do hope it improves as I want the show to do really well.

I thought the epiosde relied to heavily on explosions and basically showing off with 'cool graphics'. i found it slow at times as well. But it was a pilot epiosde really and we haven't got off to the proper storylines yet. basically an introduction to hopefully what we can expect....

I thought it was brilliant!!! Its bound to get better as it progresses but its introducing the characters at the minute, I'm sure it'll find its feet. And its better than the annoying Ant & Dec!

i really enjoyed tonights episode, i agree it was inroducig the characters. i am sure it will get better and better. and it is defenatly better than ant and dec!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordor
    Sylvester McCoy ear was plagued with dire scriptsand poor acting. The reason it was axed was that even die-hard fans stopped watching it.

I do hope it improves as I want the show to do really well.
    Im a dire hard fan and I liked him, though saying that he wasn't the best Doctor, but he was the first proper one I had seen and I did think of him as the Doctor when I was younger. ;-) So I think thats why I like him.

Tom Bakers the best though!
    The old crow *pecks*

Thread Information