Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike (Louis Emerick)

Coronation Street is set to bring back Louis Emerick as Liz McDonald's ex-lover Mike Thornberry.

The actor announced his exit from the soap back in April after just a three-month stint as a cabbie, but is now returning to the cobbles.

Digital Spy has learned that Mike has unfinished business with Liz and he'll be back on our screens in November.

Emerick and his character Mike proved to be massively popular with fans, who were disappointed to see him leave. Luckily for them, however, the door was left open for a return after his contract ended.

Speaking to Digital Spy ahead of his arrival back in March, Louis told us that he would be in Corrie "until May". "We'll see what happens then," he added. "I'll be hanging onto the door, saying: 'Don't throw me out!'"

Emerick actually made his first appearance on Corrie 32 years ago in a brief cameo where he helped to deliver some furniture to the Rovers Return after it had burned down. He told us that he went for a few more parts, but never thought he'd return.

Digital Spy
    Last edited by Perdita; 22-08-2018 at 05:20.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (22-08-2018)

Great News, I liked Mike, but maybe not with Liz?
    I just need the Rana crowd to disappear, if I see them shaking their heads anymore when they are acting, I will be see sick!!!

I am glad he is returning, he had potential, I was not keen on him also with Liz

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

mysangry (23-08-2018)

CORONATION STREET will be welcoming back a familiar face over the Christmas period, just before tragedy hits for Liz McDonald who is set to be involved in an explosive plot over the festive season.

Liz (played by Beverly Callard) will face a blast from the past in the coming weeks on Coronation Street as a former flame returns.

Mike Thornberry (Louis Emetic) had a brief dalliance with Liz earlier this year, but bid farewell to the ITV soap after finding out she had a one night stand with Johnny Connor (Richard Hawley).

Although it wasn’t a bitter break up, Liz is sure to be shocked to see Mike back in Weatherfield, but Jenny Connor (Sally Ann Matthews) may be overjoyed as she has had doubts her husband Johnny is still sleeping with Liz.

The door was left open for Mike to return sometime in the future, however, viewers may have not been expecting it to be this year.

Revealing the news to Digital Spy, a Coronation Street spokesperson confirmed: “He is back on screen for a few episodes around Christmas time.”

Although Mike’s return will be short lived, it is set to be dramatic as Liz could find herself the target of a revenge plot.

Having already suffered at the hands of her ex-husband Jim McDonald (Charles Lawson) who made her believe her dead daughter Katie was still alive, Liz is set to face further heartache.

In one of the soap's biggest Christmas storylines, The Sun reported earlier this month Liz will be knocked down by a mystery assailant.

However, it was not known if the Rovers barmaid will pull through the ordeal.

Could it be Jenny who takes the ultimate act of revenge to ensure Liz is out of Johnny’s life for good as she rages with jealousy?

The ITV soap has not confirmed the storyline yet, but it seems Mike could be set for heartbreak if he and Liz have a romantic reunion.

Why does he return for Liz, she was not interested romanticially in him, preferred the cheater Johnny

Thread Information