Thread: Mike (Louis Emerick)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Mike (Louis Emerick)

Former Brookside actor Louis Emerick is joining the cast of Coronation Street.

Best known for playing Mick Johnson in the classic Channel 4 soap, Emerick is heading to Weatherfield to play Mike – Steve McDonald's old school teacher who takes a liking to his mum Liz.

Steve (Simon Gregson) won't be best pleased to see Mike again, especially after he attempts to date Liz (Beverley Callard).

The actor, who also played PC Walsh in Last of the Summer Wine, has tweeted his delight at joining Corrie.

Louis Emerick.

@thelouisemerick
    Evening all,well as you know now,I'm heading for,The most famous street in the world,@itvcorrie to say I'm chuffed,is the biggest understatement EVER!I wanna thank All of U on here for your support+belief!How many of U have sed"you'd be fab in it,a man for Liz"😘xx

11:28 PM - Jan 26, 2018
    76 76 Replies 20 20 Retweets 284 284 likes
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    He wrote: "Evening all,well as you know now,I'm heading for,The most famous street in the world,@itvcorrie to say I'm chuffed,is the biggest understatement EVER!I wanna thank All of U on here for your support+belief!How many of U have sed'you'd be fab in it,a man for Liz'x"

Louis starred as taxi driver and shopkeeper Mick in Brookside from 1989 to 2001.

More recently, he has appeared in a number of movies and theatre shows. He played the role of Horse in the touring production of The Full Monty.

Louis will begin shooting his new role on Corrie from next week.

Digital Spy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (01-02-2018)

Thread Information