Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Neighbours 2018

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Neighbours executive producer Jason Herbison has confirmed plans for a shock siege on Ramsay Street.

The Australian soap has moved up from G to PG rated, and Jason has now told The Daily Telegraph Confidential that the rating change will allow Neighbours to capture younger audiences, who are becoming more mature.

"We are really putting our foot on the drama pedal," he explained. "Whereas before we might have told stories in a more gentle way, now we are accelerating things.

Alice Wells exacts her final revenge against Sonya Rebecchi in Neighbours
    © CHANNEL 5

"We have a great storyline coming up where there's a siege," he added.

Promising that the show will still be "family friendly", he added: "Young people are exposed to so much more now so we are kind of now catching up with that and being a little more adventurous and more contemporary in storytelling."

Jason continued: "Diversity is really important to us. I don't see that as a G or PG issue. We have had gay characters on the show consistently in the regular cast since 2010 and we also have a culturally diverse cast.

Chloe Brennan kisses Elly Conway in Neighbours
    © CHANNEL 5

"We have to be inclusive, we have to represent our audience, our audience come in all shapes and sizes." Meanwhile, Neighbours has announced plans to kill off a fan favourite this summer – aka winter for UK viewers.

Digital Spy
    I'm not sure I like the way Neighbours is going, it's turning more and more into Eastenders with all the drama and no more happy stories

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirjam For This Useful Post:

badirene (04-12-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirjam View Post
    I'm not sure I like the way Neighbours is going, it's turning more and more into Eastenders with all the drama and no more happy stories
    I haven't liked it that much for about 6mths.

Not keen on most of the storylines, the reliance on guest stars (most I don't know of...), the plot holes/leaps of faith you have to make to accept what's going on and ways they've torn down characters.

By that I mean angles like Finn. He was sick and arrested. Then he's fine and out. Was this explained? If so, I didn't see it. I also don't believe Tyler would have been jailed. I felt that having Toadie cheat on Sonya was completely out of character (bearing in mind we've seen him for 25 years...). Now Alice and the druggings. It's just not what I want..

It feels like they are trying to be edgy but without being fully capable of writing compelling drama.

At least the Cassius story brought Tyler's incarceration to an end, and I liked the reveal there. And I've also liked Mark and Elly finally getting together.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Danners9 For This Useful Post:

Anne N (04-12-2018), badirene (04-12-2018), Mirjam (04-12-2018)

Killing off a fan favourite this summer?

Xanthe? Finn wakes up and kills her? It would make sense if the siege coincided with the death and it would make sense for Finn to do it.

Also on her instagram she’s been in america and changed her hair.

According to her who we shall not name and that has been banned from here both Eve Morley and Lilly van der Meer are leaving in 2019 so it could be either of them that dies. I've taken a screen shot but my iPad won't let me post it.... according to the returning list we have Calum, Jade, Kyle, Lou, Lucas and his missus and loads more coming back for a guest role so I think it'll be Sonya that dies ....

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mirjam For This Useful Post:

badirene (05-12-2018), kaz21 (04-12-2018)

According to her who we shall not name and that has been banned from here both Eve Morley and Lilly van der Meer are leaving in 2019 so it could be either of them that dies. I've taken a screen shot but my iPad won't let me post it.... according to the returning list we have Calum, Jade, Kyle, Lou, Lucas and his missus and loads more coming back for a guest role so I think it'll be Sonya that dies ....
    If it IS Sonya maybe the real Dee will come back as we still don't know who the woman on the bench was, real or fake Dee?

Yeah we know Lily leaves but if that guest list is right we can be pretty confident Sonya dies. I thought she would have stayed long term.

I do think the Siege will be related to the death...so maybe Alice has something to do with it?

I can't see real Dee coming back unless the actress current show is axed but it is a major possibility considering it was most likely her on the park bench

Where is the info on the returning list? Would love to see who else is there

Agree somewhat about too much drama. So far it's been a nice balance as usual but if Sonya is killed off than that's a bit too much, yeah? Why is it the characters you dislike are never killed off

Quote Originally Posted by its.like.that View Post
    Where is the info on the returning list? Would love to see who else is there
    It's on FB Neighbours Fanatics

Thread Information