Thread: Neighbours 2018

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Neighbours executive producer Jason Herbison has confirmed plans for a shock siege on Ramsay Street.

The Australian soap has moved up from G to PG rated, and Jason has now told The Daily Telegraph Confidential that the rating change will allow Neighbours to capture younger audiences, who are becoming more mature.

"We are really putting our foot on the drama pedal," he explained. "Whereas before we might have told stories in a more gentle way, now we are accelerating things.

Alice Wells exacts her final revenge against Sonya Rebecchi in Neighbours
    © CHANNEL 5

"We have a great storyline coming up where there's a siege," he added.

Promising that the show will still be "family friendly", he added: "Young people are exposed to so much more now so we are kind of now catching up with that and being a little more adventurous and more contemporary in storytelling."

Jason continued: "Diversity is really important to us. I don't see that as a G or PG issue. We have had gay characters on the show consistently in the regular cast since 2010 and we also have a culturally diverse cast.

Chloe Brennan kisses Elly Conway in Neighbours
    © CHANNEL 5

"We have to be inclusive, we have to represent our audience, our audience come in all shapes and sizes." Meanwhile, Neighbours has announced plans to kill off a fan favourite this summer – aka winter for UK viewers.

Digital Spy
    I'm not sure I like the way Neighbours is going, it's turning more and more into Eastenders with all the drama and no more happy stories

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirjam For This Useful Post:

badirene (04-12-2018)

Thread Information