Thread: Dean (Patrick O'Connor)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dean (Patrick O'Connor)

Article in The Sunday Telegraph on soon to be H&A newcomer, Patrick O'Connor, who will play River Boy, Dean:

Patrick O’Connor lands first role as River Boy on popular soap Home and Away

AN unknown actor has landed one of the most sought-after jobs on Aussie TV, joining Home and Away as the new bad boy of Summer Bay.

Patrick O’Connor shot his first scenes some five months ago, playing River Boy Dean, with the character to make his debut later this month.

“This is my first role,” O’Connor told The Sunday Telegraph.

“Home and Away is obviously known as a launch pad for many *actors’ careers. Obviously going into the type of role that this is, being a River Boy and there being a story there already that is so big and well known, it means there is a legacy there to play around with and being a bad boy on the show is exciting.”

The River Boys gang have been central figures to the Home and Away plot line for several years, the most *famous of which is Steve Peacocke, who is now making a name for himself in Hollywood.

Brisbane-raised O’Connor, 25, a Queensland University of Technology acting graduate, has spent the past few years auditioning for roles.

“I got close with a couple of other roles on Home and Away,” he said.

“Prior to this I was actually working as an assistant to an interior stylist.”

He said like his character, he is cheeky and loves the AFL.

O’Connor doesn’t have any tattoos of his own and has enjoyed the fact his character has several.

“I get a kick out of it,” he said. “I’ve always wanted a tattoo.”

...and the DailyMail article:

'This is my first role': Actor Patrick O'Connor joins Home And Away and he's already causing drama in Summer Bay.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...River-Boy.html

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Perdita (14-01-2018), TaintedLove (14-01-2018)

Thread Information