Thread: Penny McNamee (Tori) performing at Sydney's 'Carols in The Domain'

Penny McNamee (Tori) performing at Sydney's 'Carols in The Domain'

Penny McNamee (Tori Morgan) performed "Mary's Boy Child' at 'Carols in The Domain' in Sydney on Sunday night:

https://au.tv.yahoo.com/shows/carols...amee-performs/

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Perdita (23-12-2017), TaintedLove (22-12-2017)

Thanks P-boy...that was brilliant. I really loved it. Penny has such a beautiful singing voice doesn`t she.
    Because Penny is so talented, I`m wondering if she will take a leaf out of Delta Goodrem`s (Nina Tucker in Neighbours) book, and have a successful singing career. There have been quite a few soap stars crossing over to music hasn`t there. Kylie Minogue being one of the first.
    I wish Penny every success if she does choose to leave H&A for a singing career. But I will really miss her a lot. She is one of my favourite characters.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (22-12-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedLove View Post
    Thanks P-boy...that was brilliant. I really loved it. Penny has such a beautiful singing voice doesn`t she.
    Because Penny is so talented, I`m wondering if she will take a leaf out of Delta Goodrem`s (Nina Tucker in Neighbours) book, and have a successful singing career. There have been quite a few soap stars crossing over to music hasn`t there. Kylie Minogue being one of the first.
    I wish Penny every success if she does choose to leave H&A for a singing career. But I will really miss her a lot. She is one of my favourite characters.
    As well as her TV/Film work, Penny is also an accomplished stage/musical theatre actress. She originated the role of Jennifer Gabriel in the Australian production of THE WITCHES OF EASTWICK & played the part of Nessarose in the Australian premier production of the musical WICKED – for which she won the 2009 Green Room Award. She has also played everyone’s favourite nanny in MARY POPPINS at Sydney’s Riverside Theatre, & in the US performed the lead role of Jerusha in the musical DADDY LONG LEGS.

https://aussietheatre.com.au/news/pe...-leave-company

In the TV Week Christmas issue there was this article:

'My Secret Project'. Penny McNamee hints at a collaboration with actress Lucy Durack.

Their friendship flourished more than 10 years ago during the Australian theatre production of Wicked The Musical. Now Penny McNamee reveals she and co-star Lucy Durack are hoping to work together again.

"We work together a lot on secret projects, and we have some long-term plans," Penny, 34, hints. "But Home and Away is still my main focus."

However, the actress explains she would be open to a cross-over event. Lucy is a talented singer and has recently starred in the Network Ten drama Sisters and ABC series The Letdown.

"We should do a duet!" Penny exclaims. "Or she could come to Summer Bay and be my new bestie! Maybe they could coincide next year - I'll give you the scoop if something happens!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMzZRX6j...=penny.mcnamee (Penny McNamee & Lucy Durack)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (23-12-2017)

Thanks for the great info P-boy.
    I have never heard of Lucy Durack before, so had to look it up. Wow she has been in a lot of things hasn`t she. I must check out 'Sisters' as I`ve heard some good things about it. If I`m not mistaken, I think you might have mentioned it once.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (23-12-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedLove View Post
    Thanks for the great info P-boy.
    I have never heard of Lucy Durack before, so had to look it up. Wow she has been in a lot of things hasn`t she. I must check out 'Sisters' as I`ve heard some good things about it. If I`m not mistaken, I think you might have mentioned it once.
    I really liked Lucy Durack when she played the town policewoman in the show 'Doctor Doctor'. If you haven't seen Doctor Doctor yet, do yourself a favour & check it out - I think it's great!

Unfortunately there are a few Aust drama shows facing an uncertain future at the moment. They have recently announced that another of my favourites, 'Love Child', has been axed (very disappointing). 'The Secret Daughter' has also been given the chop & a couple of others, including 'Sisters' (after only 1 season) are under a cloud due to falling ratings.......

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (23-12-2017)

Thread Information