Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Home and Away 2018 trailer

Digital Spy article. I gather this new Alf Stewart trailer has been shown in the UK?

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/home...-plot-trailer/

Home and Away teases Alf Stewart's huge 30th-anniversary storyline in new trailer.

It's going to be a big year for the show stalwart.

Home and Away has released a brand new promo teasing Alf Stewart's upcoming storyline.

The Aussie soap is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year and show boss Lucy Addario has confirmed a huge storyline for stalwart Alf to coincide with it.

The trailer previews big drama ahead for Alf, as well as a montage of his most memorable moments on the show.

Alf is set to find himself at the centre of a terrifying stunt, leaving fans to wonder if it could be the end of the Summer Bay legend in the show's 30th year.

A teaser alongside the new promo said: "It's going to be a HUGE year for Alf in Home and Away. Keep your eyes peeled – we'll be revealing more soon!"

Speaking about his future in the show recently, Ray Meagher – who plays Alf – told the Daily Telegraph: "I probably won't do another 30 [years], I don't think the good Lord would be that kind to me.

"I might have an answer on that shortly. I've got to meet to discuss any future contracts, it might be all over then, or it might go a bit longer."

Could this year be Alf's last on the show? Only time will tell...

Home and Away airs weeknights at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

Latest trailer released Ch5 "Home and Away - Coming Soon"

https://youtu.be/4vbPT5M-AGM

and the Digital Spy article:

Home and Away offers a first look at newcomers Dean and Colby in dramatic trailer
    It's all kicking off in Summer Bay.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/home...an-first-look/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 01-02-2018 at 21:26.

Exclamation Home and Away star Ray Meagher confirms plans for a new gay character

Home and Away star Ray Meagher – aka Summer Bay legend Alf Stewart – has confirmed that the show will introduce a gay character this year.

The Aussie soap has been criticised for not featuring an LGBT storyline since 2009, when policewoman Charlie Buckton had a brief relationship with guest character Joey Collins.

In an exclusive chat with Digital Spy, Ray has now told us that a gay male character will be introduced for a storyline later this year.

The news comes less than three months after Australia voted in favour of same sex marriage in a nationwide referendum. Same sex marriages were officially legalised in Australia in December.

Asked whether he'd like to see a gay character introduced to Home and Away after the historic vote, Ray told Digital Spy: "That's already happening – there is a storyline coming up.

"Our writers do try to keep abreast with the times, so there is an interesting character coming in. I won't tell you too much more about him, about how he works out or what happens, but that is being addressed.

"And we're all very pleased about it, by the way!"

Rumours that Home and Away would air a gay storyline have been circulating for a few weeks. In December, Shane Withington – who plays John Palmer – replied to a tweet from Aussie TV historian Andrew Mercado, which criticised the show's lack of diversity.

8 Dec

Andrew Mercado

@andrewmercado
    Replying to @NeighboursHQ
    there is still no gay in the bay
    it is probably the ONLY soap in the western world NOT to be diverse@homeandaway - get with the program

Shane Withington.
    @ripperriver
    Watch this space. ..

3:47 AM - Dec 8, 2017
    1 1 Reply Retweets 1 1 like
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    Andrew tweeted: "There is still no gay in the Bay. It is probably the ONLY soap in the western world NOT to be diverse @homeandaway – get with the program."

Keeping vague, Shane replied: "Watch this space."

Home and Away has featured both male and female gay characters before, including Pippa Fletcher's son Christopher in 2003. Despite that, Joey and Charlie's 2009 storyline caused a media storm in Australia when conservative groups complained about Home and Away exploring a same-sex relationship on screen.

It later emerged that one of Joey and Charlie's more intimate scenes had been cut from broadcast after the controversy, sparking counter-criticism that Home and Away had wrongly bowed to pressure from a small minority of unhappy viewers.

While Home and Away had since shied away from featuring LGBT relationships, rival soap Neighbours has won praise for incorporating a number of gay regulars in the cast since 2010 – including Chris Pappas, Nate Kinski, Aaron Brennan and David Tanaka.

Digital Spy

Thread Information