Thread: Nicky McKendrick (Belinda Owusu)

Exclamation Nicky McKendrick (Belinda Owusu)

EastEnders star Belinda Owusu reveals whether we'll see Libby Fox again now she's in Holby City
    "I'll leave it up to the bosses to decide!"
    Former EastEnders star Belinda Owusu has hinted that she may not be popping back to Albert Square again anytime soon.
    The actress, who played Libby Fox, has signed up as a new regular for fellow BBC drama Holby City and will make her first appearance on the show next week.
    As EastEnders and Holby City are both filmed at the same studios, fans may have wondered whether Libby could pop back to Walford for a visit more often – especially after the troubles faced by her mum Denise this year.
    However, Belinda told Inside Soap: "I did have a few people come up to me in the street and say: 'Do you know what your mum is going through? You should be there!' I still get pangs of: 'Oh mum, if only I could jump in to the TV and help you!'
    "[But] I'm not sure how that'd work, as the schedules for both shows are pretty manic. I love playing Libby, though, so I'll leave it up to the bosses to decide how it could happen."
    As announced in September, Belinda is taking on the role of new F1 doctor Nicky McKendrick in Holby City.
    Her character will be keen to impress once she makes her debut on the wards, but we have a feeling that she'll be encountering some traumatised staff after the dramatic events of this week's two episodes.
    Belinda added: "Nicky is very bold, smart and passionate about her work – and really throws herself into it. She joins with another F1, Meena, so she has a best friend at her side – and as far as the aftermath of recent events go, neither of them know any different.
    "The hospital has been massively affected by what's happened, but Nicky and Meena are very excited to be joining such a prestigious establishment. It's a nice contrast, given what else is going on."
    Holby City airs Belinda's first scenes next Tuesday (December 12) at 8pm on BBC One.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

hward (07-12-2017)

I know she is pregnant but would Belinda consider a return now Chelsea and Kim is back with Denise and Ray

Thread Information