Emmerdale fans will be seeing a whole lot more of headteacher Jessie Grant, as she's been confirmed as a new regular for the show.

Thursday's double bill (November 2) saw actress Sandra Marvin make her Dales debut in the role of Jessie, who had a disastrous meeting with Paddy Kirk at The Woolpack to discuss Leo.

Don't be fooled into thinking it was just a brief comedy storyline, though – Sandra has joined the Emmerdale cast on a regular basis and there's more to come from Jessie.

Speaking about Emmerdale for the first time, Sandra revealed: "Jessie has recently moved to the area and she's the new headmistress for Hotten Juniors School, which is quite fun.

Jessie Grant arrives in Emmerdale
© ITV
"Jessie is going to be working a lot with the kids in the show. It'll be fun to see everyone in the school environment a bit more and Jessie interacting with all of the parents.

"It was really fun meeting and working with Zoe Henry, Dominic Brunt and Mark Charnock on my first scenes.. It was also quite exciting to work in The Woolpack, this iconic hub of the Emmerdale community."

She continued: "Most people have been here for such a long time and it's a real family environment. Everyone has been friendly and helpful. I was nervous stepping on set for the first time, but I quickly felt very relaxed around everyone.

"I do know what's coming up for Jessie, but that would be telling! She'll be back and for now she's getting to know everyone in the village, the parents of the kids and finding her way around."

Jessie's first scenes saw Paddy and Marlon trying to charm her over lunch at the pub, but it wasn't long until she found herself covered in cow manure when Rhona arrived and wrongly assumed that she was Paddy's latest girlfriend.

Let's hope Jessie gets a warmer welcome from the other villagers...