Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Izzy Hoyland (Natalie Bassingthwaighte)

We don't know that yet that is what we are waiting to discover we can just guess that it was Robert that put him there so that he could steal his identity.

Former Neighbours star Natalie Bassingthwaighte has said that she wouldn't rule out a future return to the show.

The actress and singer, who is currently a judge on The X Factor Australia, played Ramsay Street schemer Izzy Hoyland between 2003 and 2006. She also made a guest appearance in 2007, when the show filmed in London.

Izzy still has a link to Erinsborough as she has a daughter, Holly, with established character Karl Kennedy (Alan Fletcher).

Speaking to Soap Extra about the possibility of a Neighbours return, Bassingthwaighte admitted: "At the time, I was like, 'No, I wouldn't, because I feel like one door is closed and another door's opened'.

"But I loved that time in my life and I still hang out with some of the people I knew from the show. It was a fantastic time, and you never know."

Holly, now played by Lucinda Armstrong Hall, has appeared on Neighbours for two stints in the past year.

Last edited by tammyy2j; 31-07-2014 at 21:39.

Exclamation Izzy Hoyland (Natalie Bassingthwaighte)

Get ready to shake your fist at the TV all over again, as one of Neighbours' most hated characters is set to make a return.

That's right, Natalie Bassingthwaighte is reprising her role as money-hungry homewrecker Izzy Hoyland for a guest spot.

Bassingthwaighte spoke to The Herald Sun, who broke the news of her return.

Natalie Bassingthwaighte
    © FREMANTLE MEDIA

"They [Neighbours] have been asking me since I left, I think, to come back on to the show," she told the publication.

"It is not like I never wanted to come back, but I wanted to spread my wings and have some adventures and take on some different roles.

"I have loved the character, I always have. I feel very fortunate to play such a juicy role like that.

"For me, it was my big start and I am very grateful for that."

She also said that you can expect Izzy to be up to her old, nefarious ways, stating: "Back in the day, people would come up to me and say, 'I hate Izzy so much, I want to throw something at the TV when she is on'.

"People got really passionate about Izzy and how intense and determined she was to get whatever she wanted whenever she wanted."

The actress previously explained that she didn't return for the soap's 30th anniversary because she felt "the timing wasn't right", but she did do the documentary.

Digital Spy
    Last edited by Perdita; 28-10-2017 at 20:03.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

MellBee (06-11-2017), Pantherboy (28-10-2017), Ruffed_lemur (28-10-2017), SoapsJSK (02-11-2017), tammyy2j (07-11-2017)

I can’t wait for her return.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (28-10-2017)

The Sunday Telegraph's article on Izzy's guest return (I like Jackie Woodburne's comment at the end of the article!):

Natalie Bassingthwaighte moves back into Neighbours: ‘I always get asked when I’m returning’

MORE than a decade after quitting TV soap Neighbours, Natalie Bassingthwaighte is returning to Ramsay Street to play Izzy Holland.

Bassingthwaighte, 42, started back on the Melbourne set last Monday.

“They’ve actually been asking me for quite a while to go back but it just didn’t feel like the right time in the past,” the mother of two told Confidential.

“Being on the show originally, I feel like I really learnt my craft on the job. I love the cast and the crew I worked with back then are still my friends to this day so I felt it was the right time.”

She added: “I can’t tell you how many times I get asked on the street when I am going back to Neighbours.”

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/c...af89?width=650

Bassingthwaighte originally played Izzy on the show from 2003-06, returning briefly in 2007.

She focused on her music career for several years after that but has over the past couple of years had a renewed drive with acting, as well as running a successful kids clothing business.

This year Bassingthwaighte placed top three on I’m A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here! and most recently appeared alongside Jessica Marais and Rob Collins in hit TV drama, The Wrong Girl.

The Neighbours return is a guest role, although it will see her character on air for a number of months next year.

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/f...3333?width=366

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/0...11e3?width=366

“They wanted a bit longer and I gave them what I could,” she said. “In the last few years I feel like I’ve really fallen in love with acting and playing characters so I’m dipping my toe back in as Izzy because she is a really fun character and very different to the ones I’ve played in the last couple of years.

“The Wrong girl reinforced to me that this is what I am supposed to be doing. Getting to play two roles in one year, when in this country jobs are few and far between, has made me realise how much I love it.”

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/1...232b?width=650

As for Izzy’s storyline, Bassingthwaighte was tight lipped.

“Izzy always likes to make an entrance and this was no exception,” she laughed. “It is full on and I think if you loved to hate Izzy before, you will love to hate her even more.”

Jackie Woodburne, who plays Susan Kennedy on the soap, said: “Having Izzy back on the scene is tremendous because she is the one person Susan can just hate and behave appallingly to, which is so not her usual persona. For me, having Nat on set is such a huge boost of energy and enormous fun. I absolutely love having her around.”

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (06-11-2017), tammyy2j (07-11-2017)

she was a good match for paul

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (07-11-2017), Pantherboy (06-11-2017), SoapsJSK (10-11-2017), tammyy2j (07-11-2017)

Is her daughter with Karl also returning?

I don't want to see her with Karl again, I didn't buy their affair first time around

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (07-11-2017), Pantherboy (07-11-2017), SoapsJSK (10-11-2017)

Is millionaire Izzy after Karl again?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (15-02-2018)

As a baby daddy again. She wants another child and Karl to be the father.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (15-02-2018), tammyy2j (15-02-2018)

Thread Information