Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raphael (Ryan Thomas)

Exclamation Raphael (Ryan Thomas)

Ryan Thomas says g’day mate to Neighbours as he signs up to the Aussie soap.

The ex-Coronation Street star is trading the cobbled streets of Weatherfield for warmer climes in Erinsborough as we can reveal he’s bagged a role on the popular show.

His first part since Corrie is sure to raise eyebrows as Ryan, 33, becomes one of only a few Brit TV stars to move Down Under.

Little is known about his character Raphael and how long he will be a part of the show, but insiders are expecting him to be a big hit.

A source said: “Ryan’s news may come as a bit of a surprise but people are confident he’ll make a big splash on Neighbours.

“He’ll bring his Corrie fans with him and earn a new legion of fans along the away.

“He is just waiting on his visa. Then he’ll be moving to Australia to film the show.”

While Brit exports to Aussie soaps are rare, many alumni of Ramsay Street – such as Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan – have made a huge success on our screens. It was also a platform for Guy Pearce, Holly Valance and Margot Robbie .

I’m sure Ryan is hoping for a similar boost from the show – nearly axed by Channel 5 because of a disagreement with producers, as the Sunday Mirror exclusively revealed.

It is not yet known what the move will do for Ryan’s blossoming romance with ex-Towie star Lucy Mecklenburgh , 26.

They confirmed their relationship after meeting on Celebrity Island with Bear Grylls and are currently in Italy at a wedding. Ryan also has an eight-year-old daughter with former Corrie co-star Tina O’Brien.

The actor had been tipped to head to the jungle later this year, following younger brother Adam. Maybe he could eat some witchetty grubs between filming?

It’s a turn of fortune for Ryan, who filed for bankruptcy after getting a £40,000 tax bill. When he left Corrie last year after playing Jason Grimshaw for 16 years there was speculation – denied by Ryan – he was aiming for Hollywood.

Now it looks like he will be going global.

Great to have you back, Ryan!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/r...FB_mirror_main

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

omegatango (04-09-2017), Pantherboy (03-09-2017)

Neighbours has confirmed that former Coronation Street star Ryan Thomas will be joining the show next year.

Ryan – who is known for his role as Corrie's Jason Grimshaw – is swapping the colder conditions of the Cobbles for sunnier climates on Ramsay Street.

The actor will play Rafael Humphreys – a loner with dark secrets, who arrives in Erinsborough to confront a difficult chapter from his past. His first scenes will air in 2018.

Speaking about his exciting new role, Ryan said: "I grew up watching Neighbours so to get the chance to join the cast is amazing.

Olympia Valance and Ryan Thomas in Neighbours
    © CHANNEL 5
    "I was on holiday with my daughter when I got a phone call from my agent asking if I'd like to play this part... I spoke to the producer and found out more. It was very different from anything I'd played before – it was quite a deep, dark story that really interested me. It's a new challenge and I can't wait to start filming."

Channel 5's Commissioning Editor Greg Barnett added: "With his good looks and Corrie years under his belt, Ryan is the perfect handsome devil. His arrival in Erinsborough marks the start of darker times for a particular Ramsay Street favourite. Prepare to be gripped."

Ryan joined Corrie in 2000 at the age of 16 – playing the role for 16 years, before bowing out last year.

Ryan's casting follows the exciting news that Neighbours has been promoted to an all-year-round soap, thanks to a brand new deal with FremantleMedia.

Digital Spy

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (12-10-2017), tammyy2j (12-10-2017), tuckec01 (18-11-2017)

Is he connected to Leo's past?

Bets please on who beds him first. My money is on Elly. Although Paige hasn`t had a storyline in hours, so it could be her.

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedLove View Post
    Bets please on who beds him first. My money is on Elly. Although Paige hasn`t had a storyline in hours, so it could be her.
    amy or terese

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (15-10-2017)

Aaron

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

badirene (16-10-2017), kaz21 (15-10-2017), omegatango (23-11-2017), TaintedLove (16-10-2017), tammyy2j (31-01-2018)

Paige and Mark apparently are going to get close again ....

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (16-10-2017), TaintedLove (16-10-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Paige and Mark apparently are going to get close again ....
    What is it with Mark, and other woman`s kids? First there was Steph and her son Charley. Then there was the whole having a baby with Sonya while engaged to Steph. Now it`s likely to be Paige, and her son Gabe.

With the amount of women that Mark has been with over the years - I`m amazed he hasn`t impregnated half of Erinsborough.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

badirene (18-10-2017), kaz21 (16-10-2017)

Digital Spy article. Next week, Ryan Thomas is filming the final scenes for his (short) guest role on Neighbours as character Rafael Humphreys:

Coronation Street's Ryan Thomas is filming his Neighbours exit next week.

All good things must come to an end.

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/17/46/...n-thomas-3.jpg

Former Coronation Street star Ryan Thomas has been pictured on set at Neighbours as he begins his final fortnight working on the Aussie soap.

The actor, best known for playing Weatherfield's Jason Grimshaw, has spent the past few weeks filming in Melbourne after landing a guest role as Neighbours newbie Rafael Humphreys.

On-set sources have now revealed that Ryan will complete his shooting commitments at the end of next week.

The ex-Corrie actor has been busy filming scenes this week with Matt Wilson, who plays the popular role of Aaron Brennan.

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/17/46/...n-thomas-1.jpg

These new pictures show Ryan and Matt sharing a laugh between takes, having struck up a firm friendship in recent weeks.

A Neighbours insider revealed: "For someone with a big profile like Ryan, cast and crew have really been taken by surprise by the English star's laidback and kind nature – he will be missed when he wraps up his guest role at the end of next week."

Matt also recently told Digital Spy: "Ryan's a good lad. He's actually staying around the corner from me, so every couple of days, we'll catch up for a coffee or a beer somewhere.

"We're trying to show Ryan around Melbourne, and he even brought the English rugby league team onto set the other day. Tommy Burgess came onto set and a few of the other players, so that was good.

"I think Ryan is comfortable here, but if only we could keep him for a little longer, that would be even better."

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/17/46/...n-thomas-2.jpg

Ryan's scenes as Rafael will air on Neighbours in February and March next year. Little is known about the character at the moment, but he's been described as a loner with dark secrets, who comes to Ramsay Street to confront a difficult chapter from his past.

Channel 5's commissioning editor Greg Barnett recently teased: "With his good looks and Corrie years under his belt, Ryan is the perfect handsome devil. His arrival in Erinsborough marks the start of darker times for a particular Ramsay Street favourite. Prepa
    re to be gripped."

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (14-11-2017), TaintedLove (21-11-2017), tuckec01 (18-11-2017)

Thread Information