Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Waterhouse/Joseph Tate (Ned Porteous)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Another theory doing the rounds is that he's Carl King's son. I'm leaning towards this at the moment as he would be around the right age (born 1996.) His name was also Thomas, so perhaps Tom has simply started to use his mother's maiden name. A storyline for Jimmy was mentioned and if Tom Waterhouse is Thomas King, he's Jimmy's nephew. Tom hasn't been in the village enough for Jimmy to recognise him before, has he?
    Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    He was in Emmerdale in 2013 so not that long ago ..
    Tom Waterhouse can't be Carl King's son Thomas King Junior as Tom Waterhouse told Debbie Dingle on the way to their burger van date back on Monday 18th September episode that he was way too young when his parents died.

so Tom Waterhouse has to be either or below ...

1: Tom Waterhouse could be Joseph Tate {half brother to Noah Tate nee Dingle and Noah is half brother to Debbie Dingle hence why Tom didn't want to meet Charity in case she recognized him} Joseph Tate's character on the show was given a birth date of Thursday 8th June 1995, he would have been 5 days old when he first appeared on the show back on Tuesday 13th June 1995. Joseph Tate would have been aged 8 when his on screen father Chris Tate was killed off on screen on the show back on Thursday 18th September 2003. Joseph Tate would have been aged 3 when his on screen mother Rachel Hughes was killed off on the show back on Wednesday 12th May 1999. IF Joseph Tate was still on the show now he would be aged 22.

2: Tom Waterhouse could be James Tate {son of Frank & Kim Tate}, James Tate was given a on screen character birth date of Tuesday 24th September 1996, he would have been aged 1 year old when his on screen father Frank Tate was killed off on screen on the show back on Tuesday 27th May 1997, as far as we know his on screen Mother Kim Tate is still alive but hasn't been seen on the show since her exit back on Tuesday 19th January 1999.

I think however we can rule out Tom Waterhouse being the following people below ...

Thomas King Junior {son of Carl & Collen King}, Character Date Of Birth: Friday 6th September 1996, 1st appearance: Friday 6th February 2004, Last appearance: Monday 8th April 2013, , if still on the show now he would be aged 21 -- he was aged 16 when his on screen father was killed off the show on screen back on 18th October 2012 and as far as we are aware his on screen mother Collen King is alive and living in Saudi Arabia

Max King {son of Tom King snr & Mary King}, Character Date Of Birth: Thursday 8th November 1979, 1st appearance: Monday 3rd January 2005 , Last appearance: Friday 30th September{aged 25}, if still on the show now he would be aged 38

Matthew King {son of Tom King snr & Mary King} Character Date Of Birth: 28th October 1970, 1st appearance on the show: Thursday 4th March 2004{aged 33}, Last appearance: 16th December 2008{aged 37}, if still on the show now he would be aged 47

Carl King himself {son of Tom King snr & Mary King} Character Date Of Birth: Thursday 19th July 1973, 1st appearance on the show: Friday 6th February 2004{aged 30}, Last appearance: Thursday 18th October 2012{aged 39}, if still on the show now he would be aged 44

Liam Hammond {son of Frank Tate as well as and half brother to Chris Tate, Zoe Tate and James Tate} Character Date Of Birth: Wednesday 9th August 1961, 1st appearance on the show: 31st August 1999{aged 38}, Killed Off Last appearance: 12th November 1999{aged 38}, if still on the show now he would be aged 56
    Last edited by SomersetSunShin; 07-12-2017 at 07:12.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SomersetSunShin For This Useful Post:

EddyBee (07-12-2017)

Tom Waterhouse is apparently Joseph Tate, son of Chris and Racheal Tate and will take over Home Farm once the Whites have gone

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

EddyBee (22-12-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Tom Waterhouse is apparently Joseph Tate, son of Chris and Racheal Tate and will take over Home Farm once the Whites have gone
    If I'm thinking correctly, Joseph is Noah Digles' half brother.

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBee View Post
    If I'm thinking correctly, Joseph is Noah Digles' half brother.
    Yes he is.

Time will tell if Tom is Joseph I guess. I'd much prefer that to the Charity rumour.

He's obviously not any of the King brothers, all killed off on screen as far as I'm aware and a decade plus older than Tom Waterhouse.

I don't think we can stick rigidly to what Tom said about his parents. Anyone who loses a parent while they are still a child is too young, it doesn't have to mean that they have no memories of said parent. Alternatively, it might be that his source of money is dodgy, or he thought it might get Debbie to feel sorry for him or have empathy with him (he may well know that she was adopted as a child if he has done his research.)
    Last edited by Kim; 22-12-2017 at 12:12.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:

EddyBee (22-12-2017)

is he charity's son?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    is he charity's son?
    No, he is not Charity's son. The rumours, from usually good sources, are suggesting that he is Chris Tate's and Rachel Hughes' son Joseph. After his father's suicide in 2005, Joseph left for New Zealnd with his aunt Zoe and Jean, her daughter. Joseph was born in 1995, so 'Tom' is about the right age to be him.

He would remember Charity who became his step mother in 2001, though he was sent off to a boarding school almost as soon as she married Chris, only occasionally returning to the village.
    Last edited by EddyBee; 03-01-2018 at 07:28.

What has he got against the Dingles and Debbie, if he is Chris son he should be targetting Charity and her pub?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

EddyBee (03-01-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    What has he got against the Dingles and Debbie, if he is Chris son he should be targetting Charity and her pub?
    Hit one Dingle, you hit all of them!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

EddyBee (03-01-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by SomersetSunShin View Post
    IF and I say IF my speculation hunch / gutt feeling is right then I think ...

Tom Waterhouse could actually be Joseph Tate {the son of Chris Tate & Rachel Hughes and Half Brother to Noah Dingle - Debbie's brother this would explain the connection to Debbie & The Dingles} , Chris Tate would have been 39 years of age when he was killed off on screen back on 17th September 2003 {his son Joseph Tate would have been aged 10 years old when he was taken off screen back on 22nd September 2005}, the Kath investor for Home Farm I think is Chris Tate's former wife Kathy Merrick who Chris Tate was married to from 1991 - 1994 although their divorce wasn't official until 1995
    well done sir take a bow

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

EddyBee (05-01-2018), kiwigirl (05-01-2018)

I do like being right 🙂

17. The Following User Says Thank You to louisemu For This Useful Post:

helena1414 (05-01-2018)

Thread Information