Thread: EastEnders Spoilers 21st - 25th August 2017

Exclamation EastEnders Spoilers 21st - 25th August 2017

Some shocking truths will be revealed when Phil Mitchell and Jay Brown get their own EastEnders two-hander episode this month.

The two characters — played by Steve McFadden and Jamie Borthwick respectively — will have an entire half-hour to themselves on Monday, August 21 when Jay comes to grips with a bombshell revelation.

While we don't know exactly what Phil will reveal to Jay, the two are definitely in for a major conflict with Ben Mitchell (Harry Reid) over Phil's decision to give Jay the car lot.

Jay Brown confronts Phil Mitchell about the car lot in EastEnders
    © BBC

Jay will initially be ecstatic about Phil's offer, but the mood is ruined when Ben tells the family he feels he's been slighted by only receiving the lesser-valued Arches from Phil.

Why has Phil made the decision to give away the Arches and the car lot, and why did he choose to give surrogate son Jay the higher-value business? We may find out when Jay confronts Phil in this upcoming two-hander.

The August 21 special will be the first official two-hander since Stacey Fowler (Lacey Turner) admitted her hand in Archie Mitchell's (Larry Lamb) murder to then-father-in-law Max Branning (Jake Wood) back in 2010.

Phil Mitchell tells Kathy Beale about the offer on the car lot in EastEnders
    © BBC
    There was a near-two-hander earlier this year in emotional scenes between Sharon Watts (Letitia Dean) and Michelle Fowler (Susan Tully), but other characters did briefly appear.

A true three-hander based around Mick Carter admitting to his wife Linda Carter that he'd kissed daughter-in-law Whitney Carter aired earlier this week.

Steve McFadden previously had a memorable Mitchell brothers showdown in a two-hander with Ross Kemp back in 1994, and later Phil quarrelled with lovers Sharon and Lisa Fowler (Lucy Benjamin) in separate episodes in the early 2000s.

Digital Spy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (15-08-2017)

EastEnders has revealed the shocking storyline behind Phil Mitchell and Jay Brown's upcoming two-hander special.

Phil and Jay will have an episode all to themselves next Monday, featuring high drama and emotional performances after the Mitchell hardman makes a shocking murder confession.

Surprising scenes see Phil admit that he killed Jay's father, which is why he's now trying to make amends by giving Jay the car lot land.

Of course, EastEnders viewers saw Jay's dad Jase Dwyer die at the hands of gang leader Terry Bates in 2008, so what could it all mean? Is there another big twist in store? You'll have to tune in next week for the full explanation, but Jamie Borthwick – who plays Jay – offers some early hints right here.

How is Jay feeling after Phil offered him the car lot?

"He feels very happy at first, he's very flattered. Although he's confused when he discovers just how much it's actually worth and just how meaningful it is. So he's very flattered, but then confused as to why he gave it to him and not Ben or Louise."

Before the secret about how much the car lot is worth comes out, what is his relationship like with Ben and Phil?

"His relationship is good up until that point. Both Ben and Jay are very gracious of each other's gifts. He's very flattered by what Phil's done for him."

So how does Jay feel when he realises the car lot is worth more than The Arches, which Phil gave to Ben?

"I would say shocked, he's in a shocked state. But it's then he starts to realise that there might actually be something else going on with Phil. Which is why he then goes to try and find out what it is."

How does this change things between Ben and Jay?

"I think for Ben it's more about Phil than Jay. He can't really work out why Phil has given it to Jay. Although Ben doesn't have a great approach about the situation to Jay. But it's all more about Phil."

How shocked do you think viewers will be when they find out what's in store in the two-hander?

"I think very shocked. There's something in there that I think is going to leave viewers saying 'whoa'. I think they'll be very shocked. It's classic EastEnders."

What did you make of the storyline when you found out?

"I definitely thought it was a good story. It's something quite unexpected and out of the box. To be given the opportunity to do something like this is great."

How did you react when you learned it was going to be a two-hander?

"I was very flattered to be trusted with such an important thing, and to hold court with Steve McFadden for half an hour! Hopefully I've done quite well and kept up with him. I just try and do my best all the time and hopefully everyone will be happy."

How did it compare to filming other episodes?

"It was almost like a film format. We managed to get some rehearsals in just before, because the scenes were so long. I think one scene was 11 minutes or something like that. It was great. We were in a studio with all the crew and were just left to our own devices to be creative and do what we had to do.

"Full credit has to go to every single person on that crew, they threw everything at this episode and it was just fantastic. I really enjoyed it. It was like making a film or doing a play. It was fantastic."

Have you enjoyed the grittiness of the storyline?

"Yeah I really have. It all really kicks in from then on and in the following episodes. Jay has a big tear-up with Ben and this whole thing just changes everything for him. It was all exciting stuff."

What's it like filming such dramatic material with Steve McFadden?

"It's fantastic. I've said it for years but anything I've ever done or will do with Steve is always going to be an opportunity to learn and be brilliant. I have to say he was outstanding both on-screen and off-screen. It was a massive feat and we had a really nice chat. He put me at ease and he took away any fear that I did have so I could just run free. I really appreciate all his help on this."

How is Jay going to cope going forward?

"It's a huge shock in his life. I think he adapts to it in himself, he has a lot of input from other people in his life. He's got Ben in his ear and Billy and Honey are there. So I think he adapts to the situation, but it's left a huge mark on him."

What does all of this mean for Jay?

"It means that all this time between him and Phil has just been wasted. His whole relationship with Phil has been ruined. He can never forgive him for what's happened. He's distraught.

"But Phil has done so much for him, so he's torn between the devil and the deep blue sea. He can't forgive Phil for what he's done, but Phil's been an influence on his life. Without Phil he'd have no money, wouldn't have had anywhere to live, so he's really in a tricky position that's for sure."

Could it mean the end of his relationship with the Mitchells?

"Potentially. It's huge."

If you were Jay's friend, what advice would you give him at this point?

"I would say that the past is the past. I know it's a huge thing to discover but what has happened has happened. Phil is sorry, he's very sorry and I'd tell Jay to bear that in mind."

EastEnders airs Phil and Jay's two-hander on Monday, August 21 at 8pm on BBC One.

Digital Spy

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (15-08-2017)

Phil had Jase killed? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Phil had Jase killed? Why?
    Phil did not kill him himself but had him killed by a gang that Jase had been involved with .. think he double crossed them to pay for his wedding to Dawn which he could not afford ...Gang leader came to his flat, Billy was hiding behind the shower curtain as he was scared and Jase got stabbed .. that is all I remember now

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (15-08-2017), lizann (16-08-2017), tammyy2j (16-08-2017)

Monday

Phil and Jay two-hander episode

Jay is left devastated as Phil reveals that he killed his father.

Phil tries to offer up an explanation for this shocking secret from the past, but Jay struggles to come to terms with it all and becomes angry.

After Jay's fury comes to a head, he continues to question his past and realises the full extent of Phil's actions. Can he ever forgive him?

Tuesday

Jay fails to turn up for work after his showdown with Phil, who tries and fails to find him.

Later, Ben returns home and is stunned when Jay tells him that his dad is a murderer.

Meanwhile, Shirley causes a scene at The Vic and Phil defends her. Fi isn't happy when the customers have to leave the pub as a result of the argument.

Elsewhere, Max warns Steven that he may need his help again.

Also today, Jack goes on the camping trip but gets upset over Ronnie not being there.

Finally, Sonia shows her support for Gethin when his grandmother dies.

Thursday

Ben wants answers over what's going on, so Jay tells him everything and makes it clear that they're not brothers anymore as he's not a Mitchell.

Jay's comments touch a nerve with Ben as the row continues, and tensions erupt into a fight between them.

Meanwhile, Mick tries to make things up to a distant Linda, but his efforts don't go down well.

Elsewhere, Mr Pryce agrees to tutor Bex privately when she gets upset by her GCSE music result.

Also today, Tom begs Michelle for another chance.

Finally, the camping trip continues, Denise gets her GCSE result, while Karen encourages Keanu to apply for Universal Credit.

Friday

Karen struggles to fit in with the other women during Ladies' Night at the Queen Vic, but Denise tries to put their past tensions behind them by offering out an olive branch.

Just as everyone is finally starting to enjoy the night, things go wrong for Linda.

Meanwhile, Sharon is stunned when Phil tells her the truth about the situation with Jay.

Elsewhere, the Murrays are burgled and Ted tells the police that the Taylors must be responsible. Keanu is furious and storms round to confront Ted.

Also today, Tom and Michelle share a public kiss at Ladies' Night.

Finally, Abi is caught in an embarrassing situation by Steven.

Digital Spy

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (16-08-2017), Rear window (15-08-2017), tammyy2j (16-08-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Phil did not kill him himself but had him killed by a gang that Jase had been involved with .. think he double crossed them to pay for his wedding to Dawn which he could not afford ...Gang leader came to his flat, Billy was hiding behind the shower curtain as he was scared and Jase got stabbed .. that is all I remember now
    Phil had a hand in both Jase and Dennis's deaths and now is playing dad to their sons

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (17-08-2017), lizann (16-08-2017), Perdita (16-08-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    dawn was a notch on phil's bed too

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (17-08-2017)

Thread Information