Thread: Sami Maalik (Rishi Nair)

Exclamation Sami Maalik (Rishi Nair)

Hollyoaks bosses are expanding the Maalik family even further with a brand new character.

Rishi Nair has joined the soap's cast and will be playing the role of Sami Maalik, who's the half-brother of Yasmine and Farrah and stepson of Misbah.

Sami is the eldest sibling from the Maalik family and Hollyoaks chiefs are billing him as suave and charming.

The new arrival comes to the village to reunite with his family and to get a job at James Nightingale's law firm, but viewers will soon discover that there's an ulterior motive behind his hunt for work.

Speaking about his new role, Rishi revealed: "I am really excited to be joining Hollyoaks and everyone has been so welcoming and lovely since the moment I have arrived.

"I can't wait for everyone to see Sami on screen and see him reunite with the Maalik family."

The Maalik clan have been given a slow-burn introduction over the past few months, with Yasmine making her debut in April, Misbah arriving in May and Farrah following in their footsteps in June.

Rishi's previous acting credits include roles in BBC One's New Tricks and the stage adaptation of The Jungle Book.

Rishi Nair as Sami Maalik in Hollyoaks
    © LIME PICTURES

Hollyoaks airs weeknights at 6.30pm on Channel 4, with first look screenings at 7pm on E4.

I am going to have to start watching HO

Hollyoaks newcomer Rishi Nair has revealed some early teasers on his character Sami Maalik – and they could be bad news for some of the villagers.

Yesterday, it was announced that Rishi had landed the role of Sami, who's the older half-brother of Yasmine and Farrah and the stepson of Misbah.

Rishi gave his very first interview on his role as part of Hollyoaks' weekly Facebook Live broadcast yesterday, and it's already sounding like Sami will be one to watch out for.

https://www.facebook.com/hollyoaks/v...4608304357161/

Not only will Sami have the potential to do "bad things", he'll also be hiding a secret which is sure to cause a big impact in the village.

Speaking about his character, Rishi explained: "His arrival is going to cause quite the stir in the Maalik household. He's a family man and he's very protective of his younger siblings – and he'd do absolutely anything for them.

"His relationship with Misbah is very good. There's no animosity towards her or anything like that. Even though she's his stepmum, they get on very well.

"He's willing to do bad things for what he believes is the good cause. What I can say is that he's coming with a very driven and very personal purpose."

Hmm, could that fit in with Hollyoaks' previous hint that Sami has an ulterior motive when he arrives in the village to seek a job at James Nightingale's law firm?

Rounding off his early storyline revelations, Rishi added: "Keep watching because Sami is going to arrive in Hollyoaks with a big secret, but it's a bit too juicy for me to reveal just yet..."

Hollyoaks are planning to make the Maaliks a bigger force in the village over the next few months. Yasmine was first to arrive in April, with Misbah and Farrah turning up in the weeks that followed.

where will they all live

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    where will they all live
    Sami is welcome to stay at mine

after james over his dead daddy

Sami asks Sinead and Hannah to live with him, that is soon

Rishi Nair has reportedly quit the soap after four years playing Sami Maalik. The actor, 30, has already filmed his final scenes

he is joining grantchester

Thread Information