Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sasha Bezmel (Demi Harman)

Exclamation Sasha Bezmel (Demi Harman)

Home and Away has embarked on a teen domestic abuse storyline in recent weeks, exploring a turbulent relationship between show newcomer Sasha Bezmel and River Boy Stu Henderson.

Fans of the soap have seen Stu (Brenton Thwaites) lose his temper and get violent with Sasha on a number of occasions, but he has always managed to charm his way back into her affections.

UK viewers will see the situation escalate in the coming days as Sasha's father Sid (Robert Mammone) finally discovers what is going on - resulting in a shocking intervention.

Here, Digital Spy chats to 18-year-old Demi Harman - who plays Sasha - about the storyline.

How are you finding life at Home and Away?
    "I've been on the show for nine months now, so I have well and truly settled. Everyone was very welcoming when I first started and now they all just feel like family."

How did you feel about taking on such a hard-hitting storyline so early in your Home and Away career?
    "I was scared, but excited at the same time. Anti-violence is something that I am extremely passionate about. It was a really challenging storyline, but one I felt was necessary to my character's development."

Did you know the story was on the way as soon as you joined the show?
    "No! It was unexpected!"

Did you do much research for the storyline?
    "Yes, I researched a variety of the anti-abuse blogs and websites, such as White Ribbon and The Line, and also studied the psychology behind it."

What kind of a reaction have you seen to the story so far?
    "It has been shocking for audiences to see this other side to Stu, but there has also been positive feedback on Home and Away tackling domestic abuse in teenage relationships."

The scenes where Stu hits Sasha are quite heavy, so what were they like to film?
    "They were heavy indeed, but both Brenton and I understood how serious it was. It was important not to take those feelings home with you and we supported each other off set and made sure there were still some fun times while filming."

Sasha seems to be convinced by Stu every time he asks her for forgiveness. What's going through her mind?
    "When it comes to what's going on in Sasha's head, I think she reminds herself that as much as Stu hurts her, she genuinely loves him enough to want to help him stop doing what he's doing.

"That's the frustrating part - Sasha sees Stu's true colours the first time, but doesn't act on it. She puts up with it for a really long time until it becomes a public scene."

Here in the UK, we'll soon see the season finale week where Sid intervenes in the situation by attacking Stu. Can you tell us about that?
    "Yes, the finale is extremely intense! When Sid discovers the truth, he then takes matters into his own hands. While some people understand Sid's protectiveness over his children, it does bring to light in the Summer Bay community the issue of trying to solve violence with violence."

What kind of impact would you like the storyline to have?
    "I feel so grateful to have had such an opportunity to play the victim in this storyline. My hope is that if anyone is in a situation like Sasha, as hard as it is to escape, that they seek help and confide in people they trust."

Beyond this storyline, can you give us any hints on where things could be heading for Sasha this year?
    "Things get worse before they get better. Keep watching!"

On a lighter note, who have you bonded with on set over the past few months?
    "Sam [Samara Weaving]! She's my half-sister on the show, but feels like my full sister in real life. Charles [Cottier] is also extremely fun to work with, he always makes me laugh."

The part of Sasha is one of your first acting roles. Do you feel like you're learning a lot from your time on Home and Away?
    "Absolutely! It's been the best experience so far! I am so grateful and excited to come to work and be Sasha every day."

What are your hobbies and interests when you're not busy filming?
    "I make record handbags! And I sell them on Etsy, my shop is called 'Demrock'. Other than my bags - I love running, tennis and yoga. I also love sewing, baking, beaching and shopping."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-02-2012), TaintedLove (22-02-2012)

I really like Sasha - she's a good addition to the Bay.

Home and Away's Walker family look set to become the prime suspects in the soap's murder mystery storyline.

Fans in Australia have recently seen Summer Bay's residents left stunned as abusive teen Stu Henderson (Brenton Thwaites) was found dead at the caravan park, sparking a police investigation.

Stu had previously been at the centre of a domestic violence plotline as he attacked girlfriend Sasha Bezmel (Demi Harman) on a number of occasions, resulting in fireworks when her dad Sid Walker (Robert

TV Week now reports that police scrutiny surrounding the Walkers will intensify as officers turn up to conduct a thorough search of their farm.

In doing so, the police uncover a bloodied shirt which belonged to Stu - making the Walkers look more guilty than ever.

Could a member of the family have killed Stu? Was it someone close to them? Or could the shirt have been planted there?

Home and Away airs these scenes next week on Network Seven in Australia and late March on Channel 5 in the UK.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

I`m wondering if the culprit is Stu`s Dad. He seems a real nasty piece of work. And he`d most likely try to frame Sid by planting a shirt with Sid and Stu`s blood on it to get the attention away from him.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TaintedLove For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (22-02-2012), lizann (23-02-2012), Perdita (22-02-2012), tammyy2j (22-02-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedLove View Post
    I`m wondering if the culprit is Stu`s Dad. He seems a real nasty piece of work. And he`d most likely try to frame Sid by planting a shirt with Sid and Stu`s blood on it to get the attention away from him.
    Just what I was thinking

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedLove View Post
    Seems the logical choice I guess

Home and Away's Sasha Bezmel will face more tough times in the coming weeks as she experiences cruel bullying.

Sasha, played by Demi Harman, is victimised by show newcomer Christie in the aftermath of Stu Henderson's mysterious death.

Christie was close to Stu (Brenton Thwaites) before his passing and takes her grief out on Sasha as she is suspicious of her.

Isabelle Cornish, who appears as Christie for a guest stint, told TV Week: "Christie was great friends with Stu and had a crush on him, so she's really upset when she finds out he died. She's on a mission to find out who's responsible.

"Christie doesn't like Sasha. Her aim is to destroy her. She tries to get rid of her friends, bully her and make her uncomfortable."

Revealing what it was like to film the scenes, she continued: "I had to make myself believe Sasha was a really bad person and that I wanted her to feel unhappy. It was pretty crazy playing Christie - I had to chill out afterwards!"

Stu was involved in a domestic violence storyline with Sasha before his death.

Is Stu's death related to the resort building?

Home and Away star Demi Harman has revealed that she found it easy to relate to her upcoming bullying storyline.

The actress's troubled character Sasha Bezmel will soon start being victimised at school after confessing that she was responsible for the death of her violent ex-boyfriend Stu Henderson (Brenton Thwaites).

Summer Bay newcomer Christie, played by Isabelle Cornish, will be determined to make Sasha's life hell in forthcoming episodes as she was one of Stu's close friends and is heartbroken over his passing.

Harman told TV Week: "[Sasha] doesn't cope well. After such emotional trauma from her boyfriend dying, she now has to deal with this. It's definitely a test of her strength and stability."

"I was bullied at school, so it was easy to get into that mode of being the victim," the 18-year-old continued. "It happened over MySpace. There were a lot of tears."

Harman also said that she is thrilled with the drama currently surrounding her character.

"You have to immerse yourself in a world of pain - it's so fun to play with those emotions," she added.

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5 in the UK and weekdays at 7pm on Network Seven in Australia.

It was always obvious to me who the killer was. They were the last person with Stu on screen and has been acting weird ever since.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Thread Information