Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jasmine Delaney (Sam Frost)

Exclamation Jasmine Delaney (Sam Frost)

Former Bachelorette star Sam Frost has joined the cast of Home and Away, it has been revealed.

The former radio presenter will be making her soap debut on the Summer Bay series later this year, although further details on who she will be playing are currently under wraps.

"I grew up watching Home and Away and never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be on set and part of the cast," Sam said to the Daily Telegraph.

"I got asked while I was working on (reality cooking show) Hell's Kitchen. I auditioned against a whole bunch of people and that's why I thought I wouldn't get the role."

However, despite her experience in the entertainment industry, Sam has admitted that she went through the same audition process as everyone else.

She said: "After my second audition, when they finally said, 'You got the job!', I screamed. I was so excited."

Discussing Sam's casting, Seven's Head of Drama Julie McGauran said: "Sam exudes a genuine warmth and kindness. Her natural ease in front of the camera makes her a wonderful addition to the Home and Away family."

Sam will begin filming in the coming weeks and will appear on screens from next year.

Digital Spy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (20-07-2017)

Sam Frost, who will play Jasmine Delaney on H&A, made her debut in the Aust season finale in Dec (although unconscious!), when her car collided with Kat & Robbo's. Tori mentioned to Justin, in the finale, that the ambo's said that Kat, who was driving, failed to give way (while distracted talking to Robbo). With H&A returning next Monday (Jan 29th) in Aust, some stories on Sam Frost are now appearing online. TV Week magazine also has a feature story, which I will try & post later this week:

The Sunday Telegraph yesterday:

From reality to a new act: Sam Frost fires back at her critics ‘I’ve really rediscovered myself.

EXCLUSIVE

WILL Ferrell’s Anchorman character, Ron Burgundy has launched a thousand imitators.

Now he can be credited for inspiring the acting career of Bachelorette favourite, Sam Frost, who admits he’s an unlikely tutor.

Already under fire for daring to make the leap from reality TV and radio presenting to a new role on Seven’s star factory, Home And Away, the delightfully down-to-earth 28-year-old bubbles about just how she’s learning her craft from the movie caricature.

“Have you seen Anchorman? How Ron Burgundy is doing those warm-up exercises at the desk?” she asks News Corp Australia, pouting her lips as she mouths “unique New York, unique New York.”

“He’s my inspo,” she laughs. “Lots of lip vibrations.”

“I’ve got a whole list of [phrases] on the wall in my kitchen. I think there’s about 20 of them, so when I’m making my instant coffee in the morning, I run through them and the same when I’m going to bed.”

Her around-the-clock application to her job also includes intensive coaching by Genevieve Hegney and Catherine Moore, who have guided the young careers of many of the budding talents to appear on the 30-year-old soap.

Cast last August, Frost spent months immersing herself in the finer points of voice projection and performance, before her signing was made public.

The announcement brought out the worst in her haters, who circled the media wagons, then drummed up indignant industry “experts,” outraged she’d been given an opportunity they decided should have gone to someone more qualified.

The nasty response followed a pattern for this young beauty, who has endured more than her fair share of online vitriol — with trolls pushing her to the brink during her relatively brief stint on 2DayFM, alongside Rove McManus 18 months ago.

The onslaught of criticism saw Frost post her despair on Instagram, writing at the time: “To the fake accounts heavily trolling me online and into my personal life. If you wanted to break me. Congratulations you have won. #broken.”

Fast forward and Frost, forced to go public with her battles with depression, is now a role model for resilience: secure in her year-long relationship with navy diver, Dave Bashford (after surviving the scrutiny of her split from TV beau, Sasha Mielczarek); settled in her first home, a $1.25 million terrace she shares with younger brother Alex; while throwing herself wholeheartedly into her latest career challenge.

Her role was teased in the show’s 2017 cliffhanger — when her character, Jasmine Delaney crashed into a car being driven by Pia Miller’s Kat Chapman (killing her off).

With Jasmine in a coma for Frost’s first few episodes, the newbie actor deadpans: “I’m really good at sleeping so I know I nailed those scenes. I’m a snooze queen,” before bursting into a fit of giggle.

Having studied youth protection and child welfare at Swinburne University, Frost’s fascination with psychology has also proved handy when it came to digging into Jasmine’s backstory.

“She comes from quite a troubled background and a situation that viewers will soon find out, but also she’s quite anxious and on edge ... a bit paranoid. I’ve certainly felt like that in my lifetime, so I just take myself back and remember how I felt in the gut, what happened to my body when I felt like that and you just channel all of that into [the role].”

Her previous screen experience on Ten’s The Bachelor and The Bachelorette also taught her much about human nature and more importantly, how to handle the feeding frenzy that made an overnight celebrity of this unassuming reality TV hopeful.

“I’ve always embraced opportunities and enjoyed challenging myself. When it comes to dealing with criticism or knowing that I’m going to have a lot of people judging me, especially when I’m acting for the first time, I feel now like I’ve got two choices: I can be consumed by all that negativity and never grow and be stunted as a performer; instead, I’m choosing to accept the fact there will be criticism and not get absorbed by it.”

It’s a worldly and wise Frost who counts her blessings.

“Every challenge you have in life, all those knock-backs, all those difficult times, they make you stronger and help you build courage and bravery. It does make you more resilient and kinder, I think.

“Certainly in the last 12 months, I’ve really rediscovered myself. Working with a psychologist, figuring out all the different parts of my personality that sometimes you might not want to admit you have; or you might bury a lot of emotions. But once you learn to embrace it, grow and learn and evolve, I think that’s one of the best things about life. It’s just so important to learn to like who you are.”

Her brand of positivity has clearly made an impression on her new castmates, with one of Summer Bay’s longest-serving actors Ada Nicodemou telling Frost’s detractors to back off.

The public support took Frost by happy surprise, a warm welcome to her new TV family.

“One of the most beautiful things about the show and the people on it is that sisterhood,” she explains. “Ada has been an incredible mentor and spoken out so highly [about me], backing me privately and publicly, I’m just so appreciative of that support.”

Heeding the rallying cry echoing around the industry right now, thanks to the #metoo movement, Frost says: “every single woman on the show has each other’s backs and I think that’s just so important to have that sisterhood in a workplace. It just makes us stronger and more comfortable and you just enjoy work when there’s that bond between cast members.”

* Home And Away returns 7pm, weeknights from January 29 on Seven.

....and DailyMail

'In the last 12 months, I've really rediscovered myself': Sam Frost spills on how working with a psychologist helped her become more resilient after suffering a horror year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...orro-year.html
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 22-01-2018 at 06:56.

TV Week has put most of the feature article on Sam Frost (Jasmine Delaney), I mentioned in the previous post, up online on nowtolove.com.au:

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...riticism-44397

EXCLUSIVE: Sam Frost opens up about the backlash of joining Home And Away.

“You just have to back yourself.”

When Sam Frost received the news that she had landed a role in Aussie drama Home And Away last year, she was ecstatic. Like most acting newcomers, the opportunity to call Summer Bay home was simply a dream come true.

But, sadly, not everyone was celebrating her victory. Shortly after Channel Seven announced the former star of The Bachelorette Australia would be joining the cast, Sam was hit with a tsunami of criticism. Her social media was inundated with trolls labelling her a "publicity stunt" for the show.

"I can understand why people would say, 'Hang on, isn't that the chick from The Bachelorette, and now she's going to be in Home And Away?'" the 28-year-old tells TV WEEK. "But people don't see the months of gruelling hard work I did in the lead-up to it."

It turns out, this wasn't the first time Sam had auditioned for the show.

"I didn't get the role I originally auditioned for and had to go through the process again," she explains.

Proving that the cast of H&A truly are a family unit, Sam's co-star James Stewart leapt to her defence.

"She's a good egg," the 42-year-old beams. "I remember her auditioning and seeing those first nervous shuffles into acting. I applaud her – she's killing it."

Now, after failed relationships with Blake Garvey and Sasha Mielczarek, Sam can't wipe the smile from her face as she talks about her new beau, navy diver Dave Bashford. Having known each other for years, this cute couple fell in love, organically, and away from prying eyes.

"It's totally sweet," Sam enthuses of their romantic story. "We've been best friends for years – before I was ever on The Bachelor. He just has a laugh about it all [fame], but his opinion of me doesn't change. I'm the same daggy Sam!"

While Sam says she can understand the interest in her love life, she's choosing to keep details of this relationship close to her chest.

"People are familiar with my story and are incredibly supportive, which is lovely," she says. "But now I've moved into acting, it's nice to have more of a private life when it comes to dating."

Looking ahead, Sam is all about embracing life – including her role as Jasmine Delaney in H&A.

But it wasn't until she arrived at the Channel Seven studios for her first day of work that the reality of what she had achieved finally dawned.

"It's exciting, because I grew up watching Home And Away," she says. "I walked the halls of the studios and the walls are filled with old TV WEEK covers dating back 20 years ago.

"I remember watching those episodes as a kid, so I feel blessed to be part of the family."

However, her first day on set didn't exactly go according to plan!

"I was quite nervous," she begins.

"And in one scene, my character has to anxiously walk away. But as I did, my bag strap got caught on a stool and I dragged it across the set – I was so embarrassed!"

is she robbo's wife?

Spoiler warning: This article contains details of a Home and Away main character's death, which some readers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away newcomer Jasmine Delaney will reveal a sad secret as she opens up to Leah Patterson-Baker.

Former Bachelorette star Sam Frost has been cast in the role of Jasmine, who made her first appearance in Australia's 2017 season finale episode last month.

Channel 5 viewers in the UK will see Jasmine's dramatic arrival in March, when she's involved in a terrifying road collision that kills Kat Chapman.

The aftermath will see Jasmine settle into Summer Bay after recovering in hospital – and fans can look forward to her striking up a friendship with Leah.

Ada Nicodemou, Sam Frost, filming Home and Away
    © REX SHUTTERSTOCK

Jasmine tells Leah that she has an abusive ex-boyfriend who stalked her for months before the accident.

On the night of the crash, Jasmine was trying to flee from her home in fear for her safety. Will Leah be able to give her the support she needs?

Sam told TV Week: "She realises she can trust Leah and it becomes one of the most important friendships she makes in the Bay.

"They're baby steps, but people begin to understand why she's the way she is. It's an interesting journey."

Digital Spy

Elsewhere in Summer Bay, Leah Patterson-Baker takes the time to get to know newcomer Jasmine Delaney – the driver of the other vehicle in the collision.

When Leah (Ada Nicodemou) prepares a care package for Jasmine to take to her in hospital, she's shocked to find that her bed is empty – and the staff don't know where she is either.

As Leah heads off to Kat's funeral, she spots Jasmine (Sam Frost) aimlessly walking along the side of the road and tries to reach out to her – promising a free meal at the Diner.

Leah Patterson-Baker befriends Jasmine Delaney in Home and Away
    © CHANNEL 5
    When Jasmine questions why the local hotspot is so empty, Leah is forced to explain about the funeral taking place that day – and how Kat was the other driver in the accident.

Feeling distraught and blaming herself, Jasmine admits that she was trying to escape something when she was involved in the crash. But what?

Leah Patterson-Baker befriends Jasmine Delaney in Home and Away
    © CHANNEL 5

Home and Away airs these scenes on Friday, March 16 at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

Digital Spy

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (03-03-2018), tammyy2j (03-03-2018)

Will she end up working in the school or the garage

I struggle with being able to work out her age in comparison to Leah... or anyine else for that matter...

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Will she end up working in the school or the garage
    They have her helping out at the Diner at the moment, but I have seen it mentioned that she is a nurse. I don't know whether that is true, of course, or just a rumour at this stage. We will see.

[QUOTE=lellygurl;I struggle with being able to work out her age in comparison to Leah... or anyine else for that matter...[QUOTE]

I don't think they have mentioned or even alluded to Jasmine's age, but Sam Frost will be 29 in April. I can't remember how old Leah is supposed to be, but Ada Nicodemou will be 41 in May. I imagine the age difference (between Leah & Jasmine) would be much the same?
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 04-03-2018 at 00:26.

Thread Information