Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Robbo (Jake Ryan)

Was "Ryan Shaw" not sent to kill Kat but undercover alias "Beckett Reid" was?

His storyline is confusing

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (18-04-2018), Splashy (18-04-2018)

He was undercover as Beckett Reid sent to protect kat. He was supposed to be a “hit man” so he could take over from Novak, but instead of killing kat, he was supposed to protect her. But then Dylan carter showed up, and what ever happened on the boat, caused his amnesia. The cops didn’t interfere as they thought it might have been part of his cover. It wasn’t until the trial, they realised he really didn’t know, who he was aka Ryan shaw.
    Last edited by kaz21; 18-04-2018 at 15:31.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (18-04-2018), Splashy (18-04-2018), TaintedLove (27-04-2018), tammyy2j (18-04-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by kaz21 View Post
    He was undercover as Beckett Reid sent to protect kat. He was supposed to be a “hit man” so he could take over from Novak, but instead of killing kat, he was supposed to protect her. But then Dylan carter showed up, and what ever happened on the boat, caused his amnesia. The cops didn’t interfere as they thought it might have been part of his cover. It wasn’t until the trial, they realised he really didn’t know.
    I am afraid I am still confused

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (20-04-2018)

All you really need to know, is he’s actually a good guy.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

lellygurl (18-04-2018), Pantherboy (19-04-2018), Splashy (18-04-2018)

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now
    I dont normally read spoilers but the story line has been very confusing, plus I was getting sick of Ash and his yobbish righteousness!

I really hope Torrie never takes the thug back and her brother boots him from his garage business.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

lellygurl (18-04-2018), Pantherboy (19-04-2018)

tori is grating on me you can tell she will jump on robbocop she likes kat's exs

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (20-04-2018), Splashy (19-04-2018), tammyy2j (19-04-2018), tayfanatic (18-04-2018)

[QUOTE=Originally posted by kaz21;He was undercover as Beckett Reid sent to protect kat. He was supposed to be a “hit man” so he could take over from Novak, but instead of killing kat, he was supposed to protect her. But then Dylan carter showed up, and what ever happened on the boat, caused his amnesia. The cops didn’t interfere as they thought it might have been part of his cover. It wasn’t until the trial, they realised he really didn’t know, who he was aka Ryan shaw.[QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I am afraid I am still confused
    AUST PACE

Yes, it is all confusing tammyy2j! This storyline has more holes than Swiss cheese! After what we saw in the latest episodes (in Aust), I have seen people mentioning online that they have now concluded/believe that "Robbo" was only meant to be a 6 month/guest character & that either he was supposed to be arrested & put in jail for being "Beckett Reid", or he would take off before the authorities could catch up with him & go on the run. However, because the powers that be were liking the character so much, they decided to change his path so that they could keep the character on the show (An ongoing replacement perhaps for Ash, when he leaves soon???). So the current storyline is to try & tie it all together (quickly), so they could keep him around. Just a theory, but it is hard not to dismiss it given the unanswered questions remaining & some of the flimsy reasons given eg. after Lance (Aust Fed Police - AFP) says they didn't know if his amnesia was a ploy, so they left him in the field to see how it all played out & only intervened when it looked like he would go to jail, Robbo says "the woman I loved died because you sat on your hands!". Lance's only response is "mistakes were made, yes, but it is how we move forward that counts"....

I was hoping we would get more detail/discussion on Dylan Carter & the boat incident ie if Robbo/Beckett Reid was supposed to be going to kill Kat for the bad guys, why was Dylan pointing the gun at Robbo on the marina? As one of the bad guys, did Dylan find out that Robbo was undercover & was going to save her instead, so he confronted him, leading to the altercation on the boat etc etc? OR did Dylan still 'love' Kat (remember he had all the pictures of Kat on the wall of his house when the cops, including Kat, raided it), & still thinking Robbo was on his way to kill Kat for his associates, he tried to stop him anyway etc etc? Disappointingly I gather we will never find these type of answers out now as Robbo supposedly still can't remember what happened on the boat & it looks we won't be getting anymore details of what happened now with Robbo/Ryan Shaw a free man - he told Colby the truth when he returned in last night's episode, but it was offscreen. In next Monday's ep he is supposed to confront Ash & tell him the (whole?) story, so we might get some extra bits there, but I doubt it. It seems they just want the story wrapped up quickly so they can move on with Robbo. Lance is supposed to make a reappearance in a couple of weeks so we might get more info, but again, I doubt it. Also, with Dylan Carter's body never being found, & all these unanswered questions as to what happened on the boat, are we someday in the future going to have a storyline where he 'returns from the dead' to seek revenge on Robbo..........???

Again, AUST PACE, so don't read on if you want to wait till it screens in the UK

Just to expand a bit on kaz21's great summary: For mine there are holes in the story, but this is how they tried to explain it: After Lance from the AFP tells Robbo that he is actually a cop named Ryan Shaw & Beckett Reid does not exist, he tells him that he (Ryan Shaw) was working on a case that was close to exposing high level corruption in the force. Someone got wind of it, & his family was killed to send a message/get him to drop the investigation. Ryan said that if he walks away from the case, the bad guys win. They have files on officers who may be targeted by the bad guys, including Kat, & after what happened to his family he doesn't want this to happen to anyone else. So Ryan goes undercover - all records of Ryan Shaw (medical, driver's licence, credit cards etc) are deleted & the identity of 'Beckett Reid' is born & all his fake details are entered into the system (including a passport). When he is deep undercover, the bad guys eventually target Kat. Novak was supposed to go & kill her, but 'Beckett Reid' volunteers to take his place. He/they were instead going to take Kat into protective custody & then "blow the whole thing wide open", but then Carter showed up & things went bad. The AFP lost contact with Ryan/Beckett. Later when he re-surfaced, they didn't know if his amnesia was a ploy, so the decision was made to keep him in the field & see how it all played out. After the psychiatrist's report they realized the amnesia was real, & when it looked like he would go to jail they stepped in. As I mentioned earlier, an angry Robbo/Ryan says "the woman I loved died because you sat on your hands!". Lance's only response is "mistakes were made, yes, but it is how we move forward that counts". It remains to be seen how that happens.....

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (27-04-2018), tammyy2j (03-06-2018)

his blonde doctor, tori's friend looks familiar who plays her? she is treating robbocop

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (25-04-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    his blonde doctor, tori's friend looks familiar who plays her? she is treating robbocop
    Tori's friend, Professor Juliette Pickford, is played by English actress Lisa Kay. She also recently made a quick appearance on Neighbours as Rita Newland. Among other things, she played Nurse Carol Cassidy on Heartbeat (2006 - 2010).
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 25-04-2018 at 02:03.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

lizann (25-04-2018)

Home and Away reveals Robbo's full backstory later this month after his trial is gatecrashed by federal agents.

Robbo (Jake Ryan) heads to court after being charged for crimes committed by professional hitman Beckett Reid.

The authorities are convinced that Robbo was Beckett before he lost his memories last year, but a big twist at the trial is about to change everything.

Just when things are looking bad for Robbo, federal agents storm into the courtroom and drag him away – taking full control of his fate.

Robbo in court in Home and Away
    © CHANNEL 5

Robbo has no idea what's going on when he's taken to a remote warehouse, but all becomes clear when he meets federal police officer Lance Salisbury.

With Lance's help, Robbo's memories finally make a full return and he remembers that he was once a federal police officer too.

Robbo – or Ryan Shaw, as he was once known – went undercover as 'Beckett Reid' to track down the people who killed his family.

Robbo is led away by federal agents in Home and Away
    © CHANNEL 5

'Beckett' was only ever a fictional creation to help Ryan maintain his cover, which means the charges against him are now meaningless.

Robbo also looks set to escape punishment for the death of Dennis Novak, since he only killed him in self-defence.

Faced with the possibility of being a free man again, Robbo is overwhelmed. What does the future hold for him?

Home and Away airs these scenes on Wednesday, May 16, Thursday, May 17 and Friday, May 18 at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

Digital Spy

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (05-05-2018)

Thread Information