Thread: Robbo (Jake Ryan)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Robbo (Jake Ryan)

Daily Telegraph article on H&A's "new bad boy", Robbo, played by Jake Ryan:

Home and Away’s new bad boy Jake Ryan to hit our screens as Pia Miller’s new love interest

TATTOOS. Check. Buff body. Check. Cheeky smile. Check.

Meet Jake Ryan, the new Home and Away bad boy who producers hope will fill the heart-throb void left when Stephen Peacocke’s much-loved character Brax left the bay in 2015.

Ryan, a 33-year-old from Melbourne, will make his screen debut as Robbo on the Channel Seven soap in two weeks.

Like Peacocke, he plays a bad boy cast as a love interest for the show’s leading lady. This time it’s Pia Miller.

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/b...7245?width=650

Until then the actor, who has also appeared in Wentworth and Underbelly, is enjoying his last days of anonymity.

“I’m completely not prepared for the fame,” the now Bondi-based Ryan said.

“Sometimes these bad boy characters can work in your favour and maybe no one will like me.”

It’s a big tick of approval for Ryan, who actually never dreamt of becoming an actor. Like his predecessor, he too dreamt of a life in professional sport.

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/0...81b3?width=366

He pursued taekwondo from a young age, was the Australian heavyweight champion for 10 consecutive years and only missed Olympic glory in 2008 because of a career-ending knee injury that forced him to consider a new path.

“If someone said to me when I was 22 or 23 that I would have a career as an actor, I would have laughed at them. I mean, I hated drama at school. I was such a jock. But I came across the late great actor Bill Hunter who planted the seed of acting and over the years it grew,” he said.

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/e...4d43?width=650

Ryan, who is single, went to acting school and did any sort of jobs to make ends meet.

He’s now well aware of another side-effect of working in Summer Bay — you have to be beach body ready all year round.

“There is a thing called athletes’ curse, where the second you stop training full-time you have to really be careful because you can put on weight really quickly. That’s been a battle of mine. So coming on to Home and Away, I think I lost about 13kg.”

& from the dailymail (based on the daily telegraph article):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...Away-role.html

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Perdita (16-07-2017), TaintedLove (16-07-2017)

TV Week has the following profile on Jake Ryan:

'I'm not like Brax'

Why Jake Ryan won't be filling the void left by Home and Away's favourite River Boy.

Summer Bay is set to sizzle when hunky newcomer Jake Ryan steps onto the sand. Tattooed, muscly and with a knack for getting in trouble, his character Robbo certainly resembles a Braxton brother.

But before we can even utter the words "long-lost brother", the 33-year-old reveals his character is far removed from the River Boys trio.

He challenges the notions that he and fan-favourite Brax, played by Stephen Peacocke, are cut from the same cloth.

"Both characters have been painted with the bad-boy brush, and have close contact with female police officers," Jake acknowledges. "But they're very different people, which will eventually play out."

Jake does, however, welcome the comparison. In fact, he even auditioned for the role of Brax.

"I've never met Steve, but I was up for the role all those years ago," Jake reveals. "So I've definitely watched some of his work. He's an amazing actor.

"I'd like to make this character as separate as I can to his, but I take the comparison as a compliment.

"I'd love to sit down and have a beer with him one day and laugh about it all."

Second Chances

When he was growing up, acting wasn't really on the cards for Jake. As a keen athlete, he trained in taekwondo and went on to become Australian heavyweight champion.

However, his bid for Olympic glory was cut short in 2008 by a knee injury.

With his sports career all but over, Jake found a passion for the arts. He built up work with minor roles before landing a part in crime drama Underbelly and later in Wentworth, in which he had a recurring role as abusive husband Harry Smith.

Now, the Melbourne-born star is relishing his time as a leading man. And it's not just Jake who's enjoying the ride.

"Mum was over the moon - she loves the show!" he laughs. "She was probably more excited that I got the job on Home and Away than if had gotten a franchise movie deal playing Batman. She's been watching and hoping I'd land something on the show."

Body of work

Upon accepting the job, however, Jake admits he wasn't exactly beach-body-ready for Summer Bay. But with a determined mindset and a ticking clock, he managed to slim down in just a matter of months. In fact, Jake lost 15 kilos!

"It started off as a personal goal, because my weight goes up and down all the time," he explains. "But signing onto Home and Away, part of your job is walking around the beach in board shorts, so you want to look fit."

Jake says his sports background helped in achieving his target.

"When I have a goal to work towards, I find it motivating," he says. "It makes getting up at 5am for a workout much easier."

But, just like the rest of us, Jake couldn't resist a few guilty pleasures.

"You've got to have a cheat meal every now and then," he smiles. "Or a few beers!"

..and the Daily Mail article with some pictures of Jake Ryan:

'I was up for the role of Brax all those years ago!' New Home And Away hunk Jake Ryan reveals he wanted to play the bad boy but his new character is nothing like him

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...play-Brax.html
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 24-07-2017 at 10:04.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Perdita (24-07-2017)

Home and Away's new mystery man Robbo reveals that he has amnesia next month.

Fans are about to be introduced to a very enigmatic new character, who sparks terror for Alf Stewart, Justin Morgan and Scarlett Snow when they're camping together.

The trio are forced to sleep rough for the night when their boat breaks down during a fishing trip next week, but there's a scary time ahead as Robbo (Jake Ryan) creepily keeps watch on them before attacking Alf when he's out collecting firewood.

Not stopping there, Robbo later stows away on their boat and follows the three of them back to Summer Bay, where he soon causes even more trouble by stealing from the Diner.

Home and Away newcomer Robbo has amnesia
    © CHANNEL 5

After spotting Alf out and about, Robbo later decides to target him for a second time by visiting him at home and – somewhat bizarrely – demanding some answers.

Alf is baffled over this guy's strange behaviour, until Robbo reveals that he has no idea who he is and can only remember waking up on the beach.

When Kat and Tori get involved in this strange situation, they discover that Robbo has a nasty head wound which probably gave him a concussion.

Efforts are then made to help Robbo out and discover his true identity, but it's clear that there'll be no immediate answers. So, who is this guy? And when he mentions that he recognises Kat from somewhere, could there be a secret connection between them?

© CHANNEL 5

© CHANNEL 5

Home and Away airs these scenes on Monday, September 4 and Tuesday, September 5 at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

Digital Spy

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (26-08-2017)

I wonder if the grave that was seen being dug. Is to do, with robbos partners death.

Home and Away's new mystery man Robbo is forced to take a lie detector test next week, as Kat Chapman starts to doubt his story.

Kat (Pia Miller) has recently started working on Robbo's strange case, after he turned up in Summer Bay claiming to be suffering from amnesia following his attack on Alf Stewart.

Upcoming episodes see Kat go above and beyond in her attempts to find clues on Robbo's past, but she's stopped in her tracks when she discovers that he has a photo of her in his possession.

This leaves Kat to wonder whether Robbo (Jake Ryan) actually came to the Bay looking for her – and if he could actually be lying about his supposed amnesia.

Kat Chapman forces Robbo to take a lie detector test in Home and Away
    © CHANNEL 5

Deciding that she needs some clear answers on whether she can trust Robbo or not, a determined Kat asks him to take a lie detector test to prove that he's telling the truth.

Robbo agrees to the test as he's equally keen to crush Kat's doubts, but when the results prove that he isn't being dishonest, she still isn't happy or satisfied.

Realising she's getting far too invested in this situation, Kat tells Robbo that she's decided to step back from his case.

This also means ending their friendship, even though she wishes him all the best. Will Robbo be willing to keep his distance from Kat in the future?

© CHANNEL 5

© CHANNEL 5

Home and Away airs these scenes on Tuesday, September 19 at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

Digital Spy

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (09-09-2017)

a superhero like brax with heath's clothes

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (14-09-2017), Pantherboy (14-09-2017), tammyy2j (14-09-2017)

Thread Information