Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bernadette Taylor (Clair Norris)

Exclamation Bernadette Taylor (Clair Norris)

EastEnders newcomer Clair Norris has revealed some early gossip on her character Bernadette Taylor – revealing that the lazy teenager dreams of becoming a reality TV star.

Bernadette will be moving to Albert Square next week as part of the five-strong Taylor clan, who'll be central to a number of summer storylines on the show.

Viewers can expect plenty of tension as family matriarch Karen is determined to give the Taylors a much-needed fresh start – which includes Bernadette improving her attendance at school.

Speaking to Digital Spy and other media, Clair revealed: "Bernadette is a typical teenager. She doesn't want to go to school. She just wants to stay around at home and watch reality TV.

"She thinks: 'Oh that's a good way of getting money, so why should I go to school?' So she just wants to be famous, basically."

She continued: "Bernadette is 15, so she's quite young. She's always being forced by her mum to go to school, but she can't be bothered basically."

Clair also opened up over how she's settling in at EastEnders, revealing that Natalie Cassidy – who's now back filming as Sonia Fowler – is her on-set mentor.

"Natalie is lovely," she explained. "She's always really nice. As time has gone on and we've settled in, we've had lots of chats. If I've needed any help, she's been lovely. She's like a second mum."

Asked who she was most starstruck about meeting, Clair laughed: "For me, it was Jake Wood who plays Max. I watched him in Strictly. I do ballroom and Latin dancing as well, so I'm a Strictly fan and I find him amazing.

"When he walked through I was starstruck by him, like: 'Oh my God!' Danny Dyer as well."

Digital Spy

I think the problem with introducing a family like the Taylors is it just can't be sustained at the same level, otherwise it would become very tedious. We have seen it with plenty of other families moving in to the Square who all started out like the Taylors but eventually became pillars of the community and integrated into local life. I expect it will be the same story with the Taylors.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (18-06-2017), lizann (18-06-2017), tammyy2j (26-07-2017)

if she is up duffy, same as demi miller, eating storyline would be better

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    I think the problem with introducing a family like the Taylors is it just can't be sustained at the same level, otherwise it would become very tedious. We have seen it with plenty of other families moving in to the Square who all started out like the Taylors but eventually became pillars of the community and integrated into local life. I expect it will be the same story with the Taylors.
    I agree but I like them so far, the mother is very funny but I wish her bra straps would stay up

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (26-07-2017), lizann (01-08-2017)

EastEnders airs a tragic twist for the Taylor family next week as Bernadette loses her baby.

The 15-year-old schoolgirl was revealed to be pregnant in early July, and has always been adamant that she wants to keep her unborn child.

Sadly, the storyline takes an upsetting turn next week as Bernadette (Clair Norris) suffers a miscarriage.

Family matriarch Karen (Lorraine Stanley) feels the pressure to hold it all together for the sake of her loved ones in the aftermath, but she finds it a struggle as she battles with her own emotions.

Surprisingly, Shirley Carter (Linda Henry) is on hand to show her support during the difficult time – offering Karen a shoulder to cry on when she needs it the most.

Further details about the storyline are staying under wraps for now, but Bernadette's tragedy is one of many major plots airing in a dramatic week for the Square from Monday, September 4.

Next week we'll see a gas explosion at Walford In Bloom, a fire at the Beale family's restaurant, a shock shooting when Ted Murray makes a terrible mistake, and Linda Carter's secret finally revealed when she confides in Jack Branning.

EastEnders airs Bernadette's tragedy on Friday, September 8 at 8pm on BBC One.

Digital Spy

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

parkerman (30-08-2017), Rear window (01-09-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post

Next week we'll see a gas explosion at Walford In Bloom, a fire at the Beale family's restaurant, a shock shooting when Ted Murray makes a terrible mistake,
    Sounds like the last days of The Bill....and we know what that led to! All we need is the reappearance of Ruby Allen....

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (30-08-2017), lizann (07-09-2017), Perdita (30-08-2017), Rear window (01-09-2017)

I'll just leave my post from 18 June here...

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (15-09-2017), lizann (15-09-2017), Rear window (15-09-2017)

I'll just leave my post from 18 June here...
    I prefer the one from 17 June

Has she taken Ben's stolen money, she did have a paper round, too obvious?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (01-02-2018)

Thread Information