Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Nicola Rubenstein (Nicola Thorp)

she's returning

Nicola Thorp will return to Coronation Street, just seven months after her on-screen exit.

The actress joined the ITV soap as serial killer Pat Phelan's long-lost daughter Nicola Rubinstein in June 2017.

After giving birth to a baby boy called Zack following a one-night-stand with Gary Windass (Mikey North), and surviving a final dangerous encounter with her father, Nicola left Weatherfield for a fresh start in Bristol — bowing out from the soap opera in June this year.

The Daily Star Sunday reports that Nicola will start filming later this month for scenes due to be aired in January.

And Digital Spy understands that Nicola will return to Weatherfield for a few episodes when she pays a visit to Eileen Grimshaw (Sue Cleaver), who was previously in a relationship with her criminal father.

Nicola's comeback was predicted by fellow Coronation Street actress Kym Marsh in June, who said "it's not the last we've seen of her".

And, speaking about her exit earlier this year, Nicola herself appeared to leave the door open for a return one day, saying: "To be involved in Phelan's demise has been an absolute treat, and I hope you've all been enjoying it as much as I have enjoyed filming it.

"I've got wonderful friends, a family that I've made here, and I'll be really, really sad to say goodbye for now."

Good Morning Britain debate descends into chaos as Piers Morgan debates sexism with Coronation Street actress Nicola Thorp
    by Digital Spy GB
    Pause
    Unmute
    Current Time
    0:05
    Remaining Time -1:11
    Fullscreen
    CLICK TO UNMUTE

Since leaving the soap, Nicola has gone on to feud with Laurence Fox about the #MeToo movement, clash with anti-LGBTQ+ protestors at this year's Manchester Pride — and also take on Piers Morgan.

And, as much as we love to see our soap stars politically engaged, we also can't wait to see more of Nicola Rubinstein in action on the Street.

Digital Spy

Back for 5 episodes in 2019 ...

I was expecting her to return with the mention of her and Zach at Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    I was expecting her to return with the mention of her and Zach at Christmas.
    gary had to visit her christmas day, i thought she would come spend christmas with eileen

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    gary had to visit her christmas day, i thought she would come spend christmas with eileen
    Would have made more sense for him to be with the Platts and Nicola and baby staying with Eileen but spending some with the Platts or Gary going to Eileen's .. Gary has not been around much, where is he supposed to be working now?

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Would have made more sense for him to be with the Platts and Nicola and baby staying with Eileen but spending some with the Platts or Gary going to Eileen's .. Gary has not been around much, where is he supposed to be working now?
    did eileen give him jason's business, builder's yard to run, does seb work there with him?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (28-12-2018)

Thread Information