Thread: Farrah Maalik

Exclamation Farrah Maalik

Hollyoaks welcomes another new character next week as Yasmine Maalik's sister joins the village.

Show bosses recently announced that Krupa Pattani had been cast in the role of Farrah Maalik, who's the older sibling of feisty schoolgirl Yasmine.

Next week's episodes see Yasmine (Haiesha Mistry) ask Esther Bloom for some part time work at the coffee shop, but their conversation gets interrupted when Farrah turns up.

Making a pretty memorable entrance, Farrah is on the back of a motorbike and plants a passionate kiss on the girl that she's travelling with – as witnessed by an eagle-eyed Esther (Jazmine Franks).

Yasmine Maalik and Esther Bloom watch Farrah arrive in Hollyoaks
    © LIME PICTURES

Viewers will have to stay tuned to find out about the storylines planned for Farrah, but it's been confirmed that she's a clinical psychologist who has a "feisty, hilarious and roaring personality" – and always makes people gasp with her blunt honesty.

Her arrival also follows the recent introduction of Maalik family matriarch Misbah, a new consultant in emergency medicine at Dee Valley Hospital.

Speaking about playing Farrah last month, Krupa commented: "I can't believe I'm getting to play such a unique and free-spirited character like Farrah in such a wonderful family as the Maaliks. I am absolutely thrilled to be joining Hollyoaks."

Haiesha Mistry and Krupa Pattani as Yasmine and Farrah Maalik in Hollyoaks
    © LIME PICTURES

Hollyoaks airs these scenes on Tuesday, June 6 at 6.30pm on Channel 4.

Digital Spy

a new lady for esther

is she returning, recast?

Thread Information