Thread: Maureen Taylor

Exclamation Maureen Taylor

Maureen Taylor is the overbearing and vindictive mother of Mary Taylor. Maureen gave her daughter a horrible upbringing in her early years. When Maureen was unable to look after herself Mary became her carer. In 2009 Mary told her friend Norris Cole that Maureen was dead, and later led to her planning to travel the world in a motor home that she had won.

In May 2010 Norris thought he had spotted Mary talking to a photograph of Maureen which led to him questioning her mind state, especially as she was holding him against his will at a holiday cottage. He also believes that Mary may have poisoned her mother and told the police this when he finally got free, however it turned out that Maureen was in fact still alive and Mary wasn't talking to the photo but to Maureen over an ear piece.

Despite her mother being still alive Mary still talks about her in the past tense. The reason for this is because of the negative impact Maureen had on Mary's life led to her treating Maureen like she is in the past and not part of her life anymore.

A photograph of Maureen is seen in Episode 7331 (3rd May 2010) although it is not known who the woman is in real life used for the character.
    In some sort of error of continuity Norris had attended the funeral of Maureen in 2009 along with Mary (although off-screen) meaning there was no way Mary could have made the death up. However this appeared to be rewritten in 2010 when it was clear that Mary's mother wasn't dead.

As Mary talks so often about her and as her son and his family are going to move to Weatherfield, surely it is important to bring Mary's Mum to Weatherfield too

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

soapmistress (18-05-2017), swmc66 (18-05-2017)

i like when mary talks about her so better keep her off screen, they will change mary's backstory again to fit story, i thought she was dead

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    i like when mary talks about her so better keep her off screen, they will change mary's backstory again to fit story, i thought she was dead
    Mary has been to visit Mother quite a few times

Thread Information