Thread: Tim Metcalfes Mum

Exclamation Tim Metcalfes Mum

Producer Kate Oates says the show has been missing a feisty old body for years since Blanche Hunt died

What makes a great soap?

Drama.

Intrigue.

Scandal.

And a great battleaxe.

Over the years Corrie has served up its fair share of amazing battleaxes.

Ena Sharples was on of the first battleaxes to cause a storm on Corrie (Credit: ITV)

People have been very keen to bring in Tim’s mum and whether she’s somebody who might rub Sally up the wrong way and to fill that Blanche-shaped hole.
    We've had the legendary Ena Sharples, gruff-voiced Phyllis Pearce and not forgetting Deirdre's ma with the razor sharp gob, Blanche Hunt.

Sadly we lost all of those great characters when the actors playing them headed off to that great big soap opera in the sky.

Blanche Hunt was full of withering one liners (Credit: ITV)

So now the hunt is on for a new battleaxe to cause havoc on the cobbles.

Show boss, Kate Oates says she realises that Corrie has been lacking a Blanche-type character and has decided to introduce a new one, revealing, “I have said this before but I miss the kind of Blanche character.”

She went on to say that Tim Metcalfe’s mother - who we haven't seen on screen just yet - will fill that particular void.

Producer Kate Oates says she wants to introduce Tim's mum as Corrie's newest battleaxe (Credit: ITV)

“People have been very keen to bring in Tim’s mum and whether she’s somebody who might rub Sally up the wrong way and to fill that Blanche-shaped hole.”

But that's not all. Changes are afoot at Corrie and once it goes six days a week later this year, we will see more families joining the Street and the set expanded.

"There has to be loads of story going on as we go to six episodes in autumn – there will be lots of different character groups and tonnes of stories," Kate told The Sun Online.

"We have a start date in the ether but it’s not completely confirmed yet.

Entertainment Daily

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (30-05-2017)

I thought Tim was to get a family member, a brother or nephew, what happened with that?

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I thought Tim was to get a family member, a brother or nephew, what happened with that?
    That might still happen once Mum has turned up.

I suppose they need more people as everyone has slept with everyone

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    I suppose they need more people as everyone has slept with everyone
    a new lady for ken

Thread Information