Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Brennan boys Mum arrives

Exclamation The Brennan boys Mum arrives

Neighbours fans will meet another member of the Brennan family later this year as the brothers' mother pays a long-awaited visit to Erinsborough.

Travis Burns, who plays Tyler Brennan, has revealed the exciting news in his latest interview – promising that there'll be at least one big revelation in store. We're already intrigued!

"Tyler's mum arrives in Erinsborough with a secret," Travis told Tenplay.

"Her arrival digs up a lot from Tyler's past and there will be a big confrontation scene."

Little else is known about the new character's visit at the moment, but it would appear that the storyline was written in after original plans to bring back the Brennans' father Russell had to be scrapped.

Russell Kiefel, who played the role of Russell Brennan, sadly died in November last year after falling ill during a theatre performance.

Speaking to Digital Spy back in January, Travis revealed: "He was actually coming back to Neighbours for about five months and we were going to do a massive, major storyline around that with myself, Aaron, Mark and him.

"Now that he's sadly passed away, we've had to go back to the drawing board."

News of the Brennans' mum arriving comes just after viewers have seen Tyler involved in another violent encounter as he accused troublesome T-Bone of being responsible for the Backpackers accident.

Discussing whether Tyler is starting to resemble his violent dad, Travis explained: "At the time, Tyler's only focus was going after T-Bone for revenge and protecting Piper. When he realises that it was against what Piper wanted, he starts to rethink his actions.

"The realisation that he might be turning into his father really sinks in after talking to Piper, so it is definitely something that Tyler is beginning to worry about.

"I personally don't think Tyler is heading down that path, I think he is just making poor decisions and not thinking clearly."

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

badirene (13-07-2017), binky321 (13-05-2017), ChrisRF (11-05-2017), lizann (11-05-2017), MellBee (11-05-2017), Pantherboy (11-05-2017), Ruffed_lemur (11-05-2017), TaintedLove (12-05-2017)

I think, some of Tyler's anger issues comes from him being abused by his father.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

badirene (13-07-2017), lizann (11-05-2017), nallak (12-05-2017), Pantherboy (12-05-2017), Ruffed_lemur (11-05-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by kaz21 View Post
    I think, some of Tyler's anger issues comes from him being abused by his father.
    I agree. I wonder if Tyler may have a different father to the others? Could be the revelation?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (12-05-2017)

is there a sister too?

Wow I had no idea the actor who played Russell Brennan died last year. How tragic. RIP Russell.

Would love to know who is playing the part of Mrs Brennan Senior. I can think of so many wonderful Australian actresses who would be perfect. Belinda Giblin for one. She was excellent in Sons & Daughters and The Sullivans. I liked her as Michael Ross`s first wife in Home & Away too.

Belinda Giblin would be great if she's not too old. Watching old episodes of S&D at the moment and she's great as Pat the rat.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Aussieguy For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (12-05-2017)

NOT PLEASED: Aaron and Mark won't be happy by the new arrivals

Matt Wilson, who plays Aaron Brennan, has revealed that he and brothers Tyler and Mark are set to see two members of the family move to Erinsborough very soon.

Speaking exclusively to Daily Star Online, Matt said: "Things are going to take a turn for Aaron and he isn't going to be that light and happy anymore.

"The Brennan family is expanding – we have got our mum coming onto the show, and a sister we have been talking about for years.

"It isn't going to be a warm welcome, they haven't been around and they're going to want to pick things up where they left off."

Matt hinted that the shock arrival of the two new characters is going to bring out another side of Aaron.

The normally happy and laid-back character is going to experience a lot of anger when things start to get uncovered on the show.

He said: "They're quite a dysfunctional family, they all have their own issues and demons that they have to sort out.

"It is going to take a long time to explore, a lot of stuff is uncovered in the Brennan family - It goes very deep, all of the brothers go deep and dark.

"Aaron puts on a really good facade, he tries to make people smile, but this is different, this really pushes Aaron's buttons."

What will the brothers be pushed to do when they are reunited with their mum and sister?

We can't wait to find out…

Daily Star

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

badirene (28-07-2017), MellBee (13-07-2017), Pantherboy (13-07-2017), Ruffed_lemur (14-07-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedLove View Post
    Wow I had no idea the actor who played Russell Brennan died last year. How tragic. RIP Russell.

Would love to know who is playing the part of Mrs Brennan Senior. I can think of so many wonderful Australian actresses who would be perfect. Belinda Giblin for one. She was excellent in Sons & Daughters and The Sullivans. I liked her as Michael Ross`s first wife in Home & Away too.
    Sarah Chadwick would be good but she is coming back to Home and Away

Neighbours bosses have cast actress Zoe Bertram as the mum of the Brennan brothers.

Zoe makes her first appearance as Fay Brennan at the end of next week, kicking off a roller coaster of emotions for the popular trio of siblings.

Fay first gets in touch with Mark Brennan by texting him to reveal that she's flying in from Adelaide for a visit the very next morning.

Aaron isn't too thrilled to hear the news and Tyler is pretty apprehensive too, still struggling with memories of how his mum left him at the mercy of his abusive father Russell when he was a kid.

When Fay does arrive in town, the Brennan boys and their mum are clearly all walking on eggshells with each other. And judging by the early whispers we've heard, this really is just the beginning of the drama to come.

Matt Wilson, who plays Aaron, recently told Digital Spy: "She fits right in as their mother, but in classic soap style, there's no smooth entry for her.

"All of the Brennan brothers have issues with her, and Aaron in particular behaves very out of character towards his mum. So it's quite confusing at first and there's curveballs in store."

He added: "The show turns into 'the Brennan show' for a while! There's so much to explore there. It's also good to play something for your character that's a little bit unpredictable. Aaron is quite a predictable person because he wears his heart on his sleeve, and you usually know how he's going to react to any situation.

"But this one is different for him and it's hard to figure out what's going on at first. I think a lot of people will relate to the issues that Aaron has with his mother. They go through the whole process of resolving that. David also helps Aaron along in pushing him to resolve it, but there's going to be a lot of emotion in the Brennan household."

Zoe Bertram's previous roles include Olivia Baxter in The Restless Years and Randi Goodlove in Prisoner: Cell Block H.

Her other acting credits include appearances in A Country Practice, Home and Away, The Flying Doctors, Stingers and Blue Heelers.

Zoe may even be familiar for a past role in Neighbours, as she played Paul Robinson's Polish cleaner for a handful of episodes in 2011.

Digital Spy

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

badirene (28-07-2017), MellBee (17-07-2017), Pantherboy (18-07-2017), tammyy2j (18-07-2017)

Great news! Zoe played a main character in The Restless Years my all time favorite soap.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Aussieguy For This Useful Post:

Perdita (18-07-2017)

Thread Information