Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Karen Taylor (Lorraine Stanley)

Karen Taylor (Lorraine Stanley)

EastEnders casts a brand new family as the Taylors arrive with "explosive" storylines
    FIVE new characters will be descending on the Square soon.

EastEnders is introducing a brand new family who'll be arriving on Albert Square with a bang this summer.

Show bosses have cast the five-strong Taylor clan – headed up by actress Lorraine Stanley in her role as "loudmouth" single mum Karen.

Benidorm actor Danny Walters and TV newcomer Clair Norris have been cast as Karen's older children Keanu and Bernadette, while real-life siblings Tom and Alfie Jacobs will play younger brothers Riley and Chatham.

The family will also be bringing two pets to the Square with them – their dog Bronson and bearded dragon Rooney.

Announcing his new creations, EastEnders' executive producer Sean O'Connor commented: "I'm hugely excited at the arrival of Karen and her family in Albert Square. They're noisy, brash and not to be messed with.

"Karen is a twenty-a-day lioness, bringing up her kids with no support, no money and a very loud mouth. But though they may lack cash, the Taylors have love and warmth in spades.

"This summer is going to be explosive as the Taylors settle in Walford. The Square will never be quite the same again."

Newcomer Karen comes across as a fierce woman who won't hear a bad word said about her family, but those close to her know that she's also kind-hearted and loyal.

Life with so many kids in the house can often be a challenge for her – especially when it comes to her sons Riley and Chatham, who both have learning difficulties.

Eldest son Keanu is billed as a "charming and happy-go-lucky lad" who sees himself as the man of the family and tries to protect his siblings wherever possible.

Bernadette, meanwhile, has little interest in anything other than sitting around the house and dreaming of being famous.

EastEnders have also revealed that the siblings also have an older sister – an off-screen character called Chantelle, who lives nearby with her boyfriend and two children.

Adding some intrigue into the mix, there's a secret associated with the family, but producers are keeping tight-lipped about who it belongs to and when it comes out.

Speaking about joining EastEnders, Lorraine commented: "I'm chuffed to be cast in such an iconic show that I've grown up watching. Working with my new family is really quite special, and I'm proud to play their mum."

Danny enthused: "Having only been filming EastEnders for a few weeks, I feel so privileged to already feel a part of the team. Everyone has been so friendly and kind and gone above and beyond to make us feel welcome and supported.

"There has been a huge buzz surrounding the new family and I am so excited to see what the future holds for The Taylors. Keanu is very grateful to live at Number 3 Albert Square and will try his very best not to disturb the peace in the Square."

Clair added: "I'm so excited to go on a journey with my character Bernadette, and to be a part of the Taylor family. I never in a million years thought my first TV role would be in EastEnders.

"It's surreal but I'm ever so grateful to be given the opportunity and I can't wait to see the audience's reaction to us."

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (11-05-2017), lizann (11-05-2017), parkerman (11-05-2017), tammyy2j (06-06-2017)

sounds like carol jackson and her clan, no. 2

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (11-05-2017), kayuqtuq (11-05-2017), kaz21 (11-05-2017), tammyy2j (06-06-2017)

How many other loud brash families with a secret have we had arrive in the Square? Hardly original!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (11-05-2017), lizann (11-05-2017), tammyy2j (06-06-2017)

no. 3 albert square is that the slater house?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    no. 3 albert square is that the slater house?
    You mean that loud brash family that had a secret?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (11-05-2017)

Why do we need a loud brash family. I remember when the Jacksons first appeared. I think I may need the Annadin extra when watching EastEnders.
    The People's Channel

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    How many other loud brash families with a secret have we had arrive in the Square? Hardly original!
    the millers too

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (11-05-2017)

This is what they look like

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (11-05-2017), tammyy2j (06-06-2017)

this is england

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (11-05-2017), tammyy2j (06-06-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    This is what they look like

Thanks, I copied and pasted in a rush last night.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

Perdita (11-05-2017)

Thread Information