Thread: Professor John Gaskell (Paul McGann)

Exclamation Professor John Gaskell (Paul McGann)

Former Doctor Who star Paul McGann is joining Holby City as surgeon Professor John Gaskell, it has been confirmed.

Professor Gaskell has been described as a "surgical star with irrepressible charm" and will be the latest medical recruit to tread the wards at Holby City Hospital.

As Holby struggles under a crisis, Gaskell will arrive as the saviour of the hour, armed with a programme of surgical innovations - taking the hospital into an exciting but unknown future.

Speaking about the role, John said: "I'm really excited to be joining Holby. Professor John Gaskell is certainly going to be an interesting character and I can't wait to get started on the wards."

Head of Continuing Drama for BBC Scripted Studios Oliver Kent said: "I am utterly thrilled that the brilliant Paul McGann has agreed to join the cast of Holby City as Professor John Gaskell.

"I've admired Paul's work for many years on stage, screen and radio and it's a dream come true that he is joining our company. In his hands, John Gaskell will be a mercurial force to be reckoned with and I can't wait to see him locking horns with Jac, Hanssen, Griffin and the other Holby titans."

In addition to his famous role as the eighth Doctor in Doctor Who, Paul has also featured in Withnail and I, Luther, Jonathan Creek and Alien 3 - and he reprised his role of The Doctor in the 50th Anniversary celebration.

John will start filming with Holby City in August and will appear on screen from December.

Digital Spy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

hward (04-04-2017)

Thread Information