Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Shane Rebecchi (Nicholas Coghlan) and his family join

This bloke needs to get out a bit more and find some mates.

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours confirms big new storyline twist for Dipi Rebecchi and Pierce Greyson
    Their marriages continue to deteriorate.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...greyson-twist/

Neighbours will see Dipi Rebecchi and Pierce Greyson grow closer and share a kiss as part of a new big storyline.

Both of the pair's marriages ? to Shane Rebecchi and Chloe Brennan respectively ? are in danger, with Dipi (Sharon Johal) upset over Shane's drug addiction and Pierce (Tim Robards) struggling with Chloe's pregnancy and Nicolette's feelings for his wife.

Things became more strained (via TV Soap magazine) between Chloe and Pierce when Chloe sadly suffered a miscarriage in scenes that aired last Friday (September 11) in Australia.

Pierce becomes frustrated when Chloe decides to continue with the baby shower for her mother Fay. At the baby shower, he turns to Dipi and they both take comfort in each other's company.

Chloe, finding it difficult to cope with the pressure, reveals her miscarriage to everyone present.

Pierce and Dipi both try to support their partners, but their respective relationships continue to deteriorate. When Chloe and Pierce take part in one of Dipi's cooking classes, a struggling Shane interrupts and causes a scene, angering Dipi.

Pierce defends Dipi and hits out at Shane, which leads to a huge argument between Dipi and Shane.

In the aftermath, Dipi and Pierce flee from their respective partners and find themselves confiding in each other at Lassiters over their potentially doomed marriages. They end up kissing.

The pair, feeling guilty, return to their partners the next morning. Dipi finds Shane continuing to struggle with his cravings, while Pierce sees Chloe turning to Nicolette for support and comfort.

Dipi and Pierce decide to keep their kiss a secret and try to salvage their marriages.

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

kayuqtuq (16-09-2020), MellBee (18-09-2020), Ruffed_lemur (15-09-2020)

I just let out a big sigh.

Why does this storyline keep happening? I know it?s a drama but is it really impossible for a healthy non-cheating relationship once in a while? Is it really impossible for an opposite sex friendship that doesn?t lead to romance?
    Last edited by Kyzaah; 18-09-2020 at 02:29.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kyzaah For This Useful Post:

MellBee (18-09-2020), Mirjam (18-09-2020), Perdita (19-09-2020), tayfanatic (18-09-2020)

Digital Spy article:

Neighbours brings in Sharon Johal's real-life husband as body double for affair storyline
    Dipi Rebecchi actress will be kissing her real spouse in Pierce Grayson scenes.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...-affair-story/

Neighbours has inducted Dipi Rebecchi star Sharon Johal's real-life husband into the soap as a body double, hiring him to perform kissing scenes with the actress.

The soap has confirmed that a new storyline will see Dipi and Pierce Greyson (Tim Robards) embarking on a shock affair as both of their marriages struggle. Dipi and Pierce will soon be seen sharing a passionate kiss, which they decide to keep secret from their respective spouses, Shane Rebecchi (Nicholas Coghlan) and Chloe Brennan (April Rose Pengilly).

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, intimate scenes are currently off the table for all soaps with actors having to socially distance from one another on set, but Australian newspaper Sunday Herald Sun has revealed that Neighbours is making Dipi and Pierce's romantic scenes look more realistic by hiring star Sharon's finance executive husband, Ankur, to film on-screen kisses with her.

Ankur revealed to the paper that Sharon actually made him rehearse for the scenes, saying: "My wife made me practice 'pretend kissing' the night before, which is such a weird concept. I thought my kissing skills were up to scratch but obviously not."

He added that Sharon is delighted to be working on such a big story, saying that "her pride in her work requires her to tell the story and perform to the best of her ability however she can, (and) on this occasion that included having me to help in those pivotal scenes".

Sharon joked that the affair story has seen her having to kiss too many men, particularly since Tim has now left his role as Pierce and actor Don Hany has taken over as the character.

"I had to be intimate with four men over the course of this storyline ? my on-screen husband Shane, Pierce played by Tim Robards, Pierce played by Don Hany and my real-life husband," she said. "There were definitely three men too many for me."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFV1sDyh...ource=ig_embed

The actress has also shared a photo on Instagram of herself sitting on a bed with Ankur, who is dressed in the same suit as the real Pierce actor in the background, which she captioned, "Um. WHAT IN THE WORLD is going on here?!"

Neighbours isn't the only soap that has decided to use the real-life partners of its actors in order to film intimate scenes, with the UK's own EastEnders and US soap Bold and the Beautiful also adopting the tactic in order to film romantic moments safely.

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (21-09-2020)

so more than a kiss happens, full blown affair

Digital Spy article. Neighbours has confirmed that Shane & Dipi's son, Jay, will be arriving:

Neighbours confirms plans to expand the Rebecchi family
    Shane and Dipi's son is coming to Ramsay Street.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...val-confirmed/

Neighbours bosses have confirmed that the Rebecchi family will be getting another member later this year.

Show chiefs are finally planning to introduce Dipi and Shane's absent son Jay, three years after the rest of the family moved to Ramsay Street.

Speculation over Jay has been mounting in recent days, after a leaked script appeared online which appeared to reveal his imminent arrival.

When approached by Digital Spy, a Neighbours spokesperson exclusively announced: "We can confirm that, yes, there is another Rebecchi coming to Ramsay Street ? stay tuned!"

Digital Spy understands that further information on Jay and his arrival storylines will be revealed at a later date.

A number of Neighbours cast members have spoken about Jay over the years.

In 2019, Olivia Junkeer ? who plays Jay's sister Yashvi ? told Digital Spy: "Oh my gosh, I know! I want to meet Jay Rebecchi too! I hope so. I think it will happen eventually. It's definitely on the cards.

"I think it'd be great to have another Rebecchi family member. It'd be a really tight squeeze in the house!"

Sharon Johal, who plays Dipi, also told Digital Spy this year: "I personally as an actor have found it very hard to reconcile Dipi not having her middle child living with the family.

"She is a strong mother bear figure and would protect her lion cubs at any cost, but Jay isn't there. There has to be a big juicy reason ? writers, do your thing!"

Nicholas Coghlan, who plays Shane, has also referenced Jay's mysterious lack of visits.

He told Radio Times: "Yes, there is this boy called Jay who is at boarding school in Sydney, but never visits. It's never been explained why that is.

"He is the middle child between Yashvi and Kirsha. I think that's how it works ? don't quote me! There is still talk of him, so he's got to appear at some time surely."

Jay's arrival could come amid a turbulent time for the Rebecchi family, as Shane has been struggling with a drug addiction, while Dipi is currently having an affair with Pierce Greyson.

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and weekdays at 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

MellBee (18-10-2020), Ruffed_lemur (18-10-2020)

I can't wait until the affair becomes public knowledge

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to its.like.that For This Useful Post:

Bossy7 (26-10-2020), kaz21 (19-10-2020), lellygurl (19-10-2020), lizann (20-10-2020)

Apparently, & not unexpectedly, Sharon Johal (Dippi) has just announced on Instagram that she is leaving Neighbours:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL7mHWXB...d=heaeq29x587s

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (03-03-2021)

Dipi will be missed by me.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Rowdydog12 For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (03-03-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdydog12 View Post
    Dipi will be missed by me.
    Me too. Sad to read about the bullying and trolls.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (03-03-2021)

Thread Information