Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Shane Rebecchi (Nicholas Coghlan) and his family join

Is this why she is leaving the show? Oh that's it.. i will sort these bullies and trolls out

First Elly , then Bea and now also Dipi !

Guess i'll just die

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rowdydog12 For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (04-03-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    Me too. Sad to read about the bullying and trolls.
    why was she bullied?

Digital Spy article on Sharon/Dippi leaving:

Neighbours star Sharon Johal confirms exit for Dipi Rebecchi
    "I am so excited for what the future holds."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...rebecchi-exit/

After four years playing Dipi Rebecchi, Neighbours actress Sharon Johal is officially on her way out of soapland.

She announced the news herself on Instagram today (March 2) via a lengthy post, explaining: "Some of you may have seen this coming but to be honest I put the motions into play over a year ago.

"A number of reasons brought me to here, however inevitably my ambition for growth has ultimately been the decider."

Johal went on to share her excitement "for what the future holds", before revealing that she's been shadowing director Tenika Smith in the hope of producing her own content.

"I am so utterly grateful for the opportunity and 'break' this iconic show has given me. A show that has run for 35yrs+ requires no commentary, it speaks for itself.

"I have learnt and grown so much in this time technically, professionally but also mentally as this job is rewarding yet challenging in so many ways," she continued.

Further on, the Dipi star acknowledged the unsociable working hours for a production of this scale, and the "long-term exhaustion" she's endured as a result.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL7mHWXB...ource=ig_embed

"If I learnt anything during lockdown, it was to question what the point of 'all of this' was and to prioritise what serves me and my family ? for now, it's this," she noted.

"I value all that I've learnt. I want to take this opportunity to thank my friends, the crew, writers, make-up, costume, art and pre/post production departments on the show, on screen and off.

"The producers for choosing me as an actor and supporting this next stage of my career-it's never really GOODBYE is it?"

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and weekdays at 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia).

And from yahoo.com

Neighbours star Sharon Johal confirms exit for Dipi Rebecchi

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/neighbours...a%20year%20ago.

And:

Sharon Johal has announced she is leaving Neighbours, and honestly we?re in denial

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...al-leave-66972
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 04-03-2021 at 02:03.

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    why was she bullied?
    A Daily Telegraph article from a couple of weeks ago:

Neighbours star Sharon Johal opens up about racist social media trolls
    Neighbours star Sharon Johal opens up about the years of racism she has faced in her acting career and what was different about Australian?s most famous street.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/li...b35cd18a8e44fe

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (03-03-2021)

Thought it might be racist BS. Wonder if the other non white actors in the show have also been racially bullied?

I thought she was going to leave as soon as I read the spoiler of her wanting to move to Sydney. Maybe she will hook up with Pierce? A shame that another Rebecchi marriage is kaput.....

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mirjam For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (03-03-2021), lizann (04-03-2021)

A better ending would have been for her to run off with Pierce. The way that has been undone was disappointing. Does this mean Shane leaves too? I'd hope not. More potential there.. but Amy was only in as a guest, so that's a shame as well.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Danners9 For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (03-03-2021), Mirjam (03-03-2021), Ruffed_lemur (04-03-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Danners9 View Post
    A better ending would have been for her to run off with Pierce. The way that has been undone was disappointing. Does this mean Shane leaves too? I'd hope not. More potential there.. but Amy was only in as a guest, so that's a shame as well.
    There has been persistent (but of course, unconfirmed) rumours around for quite some time now that Nicholas/Shane was leaving, & even recent reports (also unconfirmed) saying that he finished filming in Dec. Now that Shane & Dippi have reconciled onscreen, & the latest spoilers mentioning that Dippi asks Shane to move to Sydney to be near family, I will be very surprised if they don't leave together (newspaper reports mention that Sharon/Dippi's final episode will be at the end of March in Aust).

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (03-03-2021), Mirjam (04-03-2021), Ruffed_lemur (04-03-2021)

dipi don't deserve pierce, kill her off i wouldn't mind that

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    why was she bullied?
    Racism.

Thread Information