Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Irene Roberts (Lynne McGranger)

Home and Away's Lynne McGranger has revealed that she would like to join the cast of Shameless.

The actress, who has played Summer Bay's Irene Roberts since 1992, said she is a loyal viewer of Paul Abbott's explicit Channel 4 drama.

"I'm a great fan of Shameless," she told What's on TV. "I would love to play an Australian character who moves in next door to Paddy and Mimi. I would just cause havoc!"

McGranger - Home and Away's second longest-serving cast member - also called for the return of her on-screen son Nathan, played by Matt Doran.

"I would love to see Nathan come back," the star said. "Last time we saw him he was off touring with an Irish nurse. So I think he's gone back to Ireland and is going to get married there.

"So I think Irene should go over to Ireland to see him! We could do some filming over there and my life would be complete."

The 59-year-old recently outlined her desire for scriptwriters to find a new love interest for her veteran alter ego.

Home and Away star Lynne McGranger has hinted that some big storylines lie ahead for Irene Roberts.

The actress discussed her character's recent period of quiet, revealing that she has now been busy filming "full-on action" scenes for the soap.

She told The New Zealand Herald: "I go through patches where other storylines that don't involve your character so much take over, and I find myself in the diner going 'Darl, I'll just make you a cuppa'.

"I do get a bit twitchy if that happens for too long, but be careful what you wish for because lately I've been Action Jackson. Everything's been happening to me.

"But I'm really enjoying it at the moment - I had a 13-hour day in the studio yesterday and obviously I can't give the storyline away but it was full-on action stuff. It was so exciting."

McGranger - who has played Irene Roberts since 1991 - has previously suggested that she would love to land a role in Emmerdale, but insisted she had no plans to depart Summer Bay in the foreseeable future.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (26-08-2013), lizann (27-08-2013)

Last edited by tammyy2j; 26-08-2013 at 15:56.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Home and Away star Lynne McGranger has hinted that some big storylines lie ahead for Irene Roberts.
    Glad to hear Irene's getting some juicy scenes at last. I just hope the storyline doesn't involve the Braxtons

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (26-08-2013)

Last edited by tammyy2j; 26-08-2013 at 16:37.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (26-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    Glad to hear Irene's getting some juicy scenes at last. I just hope the storyline doesn't involve the Braxtons
    Me too

maybe she gets new lodgers from the cult storyline coming up

Home and Away star Lynne McGranger has admitted that she can't see herself leaving the show.

The actress's character Irene Roberts has faced a couple of near-death experiences recently, leaving fans to speculate over her future.

Viewers were left wondering whether Irene would survive after she and a number of other characters got caught up in a bomb explosion as part of the Australian cliffhanger last year.

More recently, Irene was involved in a hostage drama where she was held at knifepoint.

Speaking to News.com.au, McGranger said:"I could never see myself leaving unless I was shown the door."

McGranger, who has been on the show since 1991, admits she wants to break her former co-star Kate Ritchie's world record for being the longest-running female in an Australian ongoing acting role.

She said: "I'm about to knock Kate Ritchie off. It's very exciting. Kate is pregnant so I'm sure she has got bigger fish to fry."

On Neighbours' Susan Kennedy, she laughed: "Jackie Woodburne wants me to walk under a tram 'cos she's next in line."

Home and Away star Lynne McGranger has admitted that she thinks some of the show's storylines are very gruelling to both act and watch.

The actress, who plays long-standing character Irene Roberts, discussed a current storyline in which Summer Bay favourite Leah Patterson-Baker has been left in a life-threatening condition following a bus crash.

Speaking on The Daily Edition, McGranger said: "It's very hard and it's very exhausting as an actor, and I know it's hard for the viewers to watch some of it.

"I've had people on Twitter and what not say how sad and gruelling it is."

Discussing the storyline involving Leah, McGranger added: "It's a very long and arduous road and it does stretch on over quite a few weeks and months.

"That's all I can tell you really. The viewers are just going to have to watch and hope and pray, like all of us in Summer Bay, that she pulls through."

McGranger also expressed her delight at co-star Emily Symons's pregnancy news.

She said: "It's fantastic, unbelievable news. Do you know what? We never ever picked it! You could have seriously knocked me over with a feather.

"I could not believe it! It was just - it was so far off my radar. She is so happy and she looks so beautiful. It's lovely. It's just wonderful, wonderful news."

Home and Away actor Ray Meagher recently admitted that he had "a fairly severe word" with his bosses last year, where he expressed concerns over the soap's direction.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (26-02-2015), lizann (26-02-2015), maidmarian (26-02-2015), Pantherboy (27-02-2015)

irene needs to be used more

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (26-02-2015), tammyy2j (26-02-2015)

Thread Information