Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Irene Roberts (Lynne McGranger)

irene returns from heath and bianca and goes hulk angry at tori and robbo, let jasmine clean up the mess, none of irene's business

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (12-04-2019), tammyy2j (14-04-2019)

Nowtolove.com.au article (from TV Week):

AUST PACE!

Home And Away shock confession: will Irene go to jail?
    The Summer Bay favourite prepares to turn herself in to police.

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...-confess-57150

It can be hard to keep a secret at the best of times. But for Irene, the shocking truth about her role in what happened to Bella's online groomer sends her into a downward spiral.

Standing tall, she bravely walks into the police station to confess everything. Will Irene go to jail?

In recent episodes of Home And Away, the former foster mum arrived home to find Bella (Courtney Miller) fighting off her unhinged online attacker Tommy (Adam Sollis). In a panic, Irene (Lynne McGranger) struck him over the head with a vase and grabbed Bella.

Her brave actions saved the day, but Tommy attempted to strike again – sending Irene into a violent rage. Grabbing a nearby champagne bottle, Irene repeatedly hit him over the head, knocking him unconscious. But now, he's in a grave condition.

"It's a full-on reaction to what Tommy says, and it dredges up everything about her traumatic past that she's tried to bury," Lynne, 66, tells TV WEEK.

Both women immediately panicked, and resolved to drop him outside the hospital and forget anything ever happened.

But, of course, it's not so easy. Irene violent reaction was triggered by her past experience with sexual assault and now she's consumed by grief and guilt.

"She tussles with it for a while, but eventually says no, they have to tell the truth," Lynne says. "She's listened to her friends who've heard about the attack and are labelling whoever did it a 'monster', and she just can't handle the guilt. It's too much."

With her sanity hanging by a thread and Colby (Tim Franklin) investigating the "mysterious attack", Irene resolves to tell the truth – no matter the consequences.

The next day, Bella arrives at Colby's apartment and asks him to drive her to the station. On the way, she spills everything and urges him to stop Irene from turning herself in. Colby is rattled by his sister's words and sad he couldn't be there to stop the attack.

At the station, the siblings find Irene filling out paperwork and preparing to make a statement. Are they too late?

Home And Away airs Monday to Thursday at 7pm on Channel Seven.

Digital Spy article:

AUST PACE!

Home and Away reveals devastating new setback for Irene Roberts
    Is she going to jail?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...court-setback/

Note: This article contains discussion of sexual misconduct that some readers may find upsetting. It also includes spoilers from Home and Away episodes currently airing in Australia, which some UK readers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away's Irene Roberts could be left with nobody fighting her corner in court as she faces serious criminal charges.

Irene is currently taking centre stage in a huge storyline on Australian screens, as she has confessed to a violent attack on Bella Nixon's dangerous online groomer Tommy. The dramatic scenes also play out on UK screens this week, showing Irene come to Bella's rescue when Tommy tries to rape her.

With Irene due to face court over what happened, she needs as much support as she can get – so Bella (Courtney Miller) has been asked to give testimony about what happened with evil Tommy on the day of the attack.

Unfortunately for Irene, Bella's older brother Colby Thorne (Tim Franklin) has now put his foot down by refusing to let her testify.

Monday's episode on Channel 7 in Australia (August 19) saw Bella head on another worrying downward spiral after reluctantly agreeing to give evidence in court.

Bella got drunk in a wild party hosted by Ryder Jackson, much to the concern of Colby when he found her with a bad hangover the following morning.

When Bella opened up to Colby about how she was feeling, she explained that the pressure of the upcoming court appearance had taken its toll – even though she wants to support Irene as a thank you for rescuing her from Tommy.

Realising it was time to nip this in the bud, Colby went straight to Irene and warned her that Bella would no longer be giving evidence. Although apologetic, Colby insisted that he had to put Bella's needs first.

Future episodes will see Irene fear the worst when her lawyer warns that the future is looking very bleak for her without Bella's support.

Now facing the worrying prospect of heading to court all alone, could Irene be going to jail?

Home and Away legend Lynne McGranger, who plays Irene, recently told Digital Spy: "The case goes to court but even then it doesn't stop, it still takes more twists and turns.

"I have to give full credit to [Home and Away script executive] Louise Bowes and all of the writers, as it was a great storyline. It was amazing."

Home and Away fans in the UK will see Colby's tough decision over Bella and Irene in October.

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5 (UK), and Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 (Australia).

Not a spoiler, but for those interested:

Nowtolove.com.au article:

Lynne McGranger announces her debut memoir that will document her time on Home And Away
    The actress is set to tell-all!

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...r-memoir-68699

Lynne McGranger has been gracing our screen for almost 30 years on Home And Away, and her character Irene Roberts has become a household name as a result.

While we've watched Irene's life play out on the popular soap, Lynne has kept her personal life relatively private.

That's all about to change however, because Lynne is set to lift the lid on moments from her childhood to her career, and everything in between, in a newly announced memoir book called Acting Up.

"So I have written a book! Acting Up," Lynne announced via Instagram.

"Out November and I am so excited! Pre orders are open NOW! Watch this space for my book cover reveal!"

The actress also uploaded a video of herself to make the announcement, and said: "Last year in lockdown while all of you were learning how to bake... I have written a cheeky little memoirs book."

"It's called Acting Up and it's just a little bit about my life from when I was very, very young to now," she explained.

'Acting Up' will be released on November 2 this year, published by Echo Publishing, with Lynne revealing the cover with her fans.

According to Allen & Unwin's website, 'Acting Up: Me, Myself & Irene' is a "warm, hilarious and intimate look inside the life of one of Australia's living TV legends".

"With humour, honesty and self-deprecating charm, one of Australia's best known TV actresses lifts the lid on life - both on-screen and off."

The book's description also notes that Lynne's story will include an Aussie childhood full of "fad diets (tuna, milk and oranges, anyone?)" to the relationship heartaches, career disasters and difficult choices that would "change her life forever."

Lynne's fellow Home and Away co-stars and friends couldn't be more excited for the book, and took to the comments under her post to share their support.

"Cant wait to read it, is there anything you cant do," Johnny Ruffo penned.

His girlfriend Tahnee Sims was right behind him and commented: "So awesome! Can't wait to read."

"Best bloody book I'm ever going to read!" Courtney Ally said.

Emily Weir added: "OMG AMAZING Lynne! Can't wait xx"

"I've been very lucky to get a sneak peek at this book and it's awesome!! So proud @lynnemcgranger and I can't wait for everyone to read it," Ada Nicodemou wrote.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Perdita (12-08-2021)

Love her character, great actress

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (12-08-2021)

Not a spoiler, but Lynne McGranger (Irene) has turned 70.

Home and Away stars gather to celebrate big milestone for Lynne McGranger
    The legendary Summer Bay resident was joined by friends, family and fellow 'bestie' cast members.

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...-reunite-76539

She's one of the longest-serving Home and Away cast members, but you still wouldn't have guessed that Lynne McGranger was 70 years of age.

The legendary Summer Bay resident was joined by friends, family and fellow cast members for a shindig to celebrate her big milestone birthday.

Lynne, who was 39 years old when she landed the role of Irene Roberts on the hit show, invited two of her H&A 'besties' to the celebration held at an upmarket restaurant in Sydney.

The two that topped the guest list was fellow long-standing H&A star, Ada Nicodemou, along with former co-star Johnny Ruffo.

Ada and Lynne have been friends ever since Ada joined the Home And Away cast in 2000 as Leah Patterson.

The two share a dressing room and don't appear to get sick of each other, even choosing to go on holiday together!

Ada posted a selection of photos from the birthday shindig, captioning them with "Had a fabulous afternoon celebrating my beautiful friends @lynnemcgranger 70th birthday."

Though his Home and Away days are behind him, Johnny Ruffo is still as close as ever with the birthday girl.

Posting a photo from the party to his Instagram, Johnny captioned the snap with "Happiest of birthdays to one of my best friends @lynnemcgranger you're like a fine wine."

Johnny, who is battling terminal cancer, spoke to TV WEEK a few months ago about the two's bond, saying, "she's been amazing, she constantly checks in and asks how I'm doing. She always wants to go out for dinner."

As the character Irene Roberts, Lynne has been a staple star on the Sydney-based show since 1993.

Over the years, we've seen the lovable larrikin transform from a chain-smoking, pixie cut-rocking blonde into a loving and fiery woman whose door is always open to those in need.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (01-02-2023)

DS article:

Home and Away star Shane Withington warns of new disaster storyline
    "I've just noticed that I'm covered in blood."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...ter-storyline/

Home and Away spoilers follow.

Home and Away star Shane Withington has teased a "disaster" ahead for his character.

The Australian actor, known for playing the role of John Palmer on the soap, has let slip that the show has a dangerous storyline coming up ? and it involves lots of fake blood.

"I've just noticed that I'm covered in blood, fake blood [from filming]," he said on the Welcome To The Bay podcast on February 4.

He continued: "Big day today. There's a lot [of blood], I've just looked at myself. I've just had to have a shower because I was covered in detritus [debris] from a disaster."

The actor also confirmed that Lynne McGranger's character Irene Roberts is involved in some capacity, but didn't reveal much else about this "huge day".

While he didn't divulge more details on this specific plot point, Withington did mention a rivalry between his character John and newcomer Mali Hudson, played by Kyle Shilling.

"I'm not allowed to really say, but there's a lovely jealousy thing where John gets very jealous?[of] new character Mali, he's a beautiful young man," the actor said.

"That was a real pleasure to play."

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.45pm on Channel 5 and 6pm on 5STAR. First-look screenings air at 6.30pm on 5STAR and the show also streams on My5.

In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 and streams on 7plus.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Perdita (07-02-2023), Ruffed_lemur (07-02-2023)

Lynne McGranger hints at departure from Home and Away
    Is Irene finally saying goodbye to Summer Bay?

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...and-away-77044

Veteran Home & Away actress, Lynne McGranger has starred in the Aussie soap for 30 years.
    However, Lynne has revealed how she'd like her character, Irene Roberts, to leave the long running drama and safe to say it's rather ''dramatic.''

In an interview with Stuff, Lynne said:
    ''I wanted to go with the biggest bang, the most dramatic exit. I want to get lost at sea, or I want to die a really sad, length death with everyone weeping and wailing around me.''
    ''Or Irene could get lost at sea and they never find the body, have the memorial service and everything, and then she walks back into town,'' Lynne contined.

But don't fret Home & Away fans, Lynne is NOT leaving the show, she was just musing how she'd like to go, if and when she decides to.
    Unlike Lynne, Georgie Parker, Sophie Dillman and Patrick O'Connor are leaving Summer Bay.
    Georgie is, thankfully, only leaving temporarily. She'll be away from the soap for seven weeks whilst she stars in the stage play, Rhinestone Rex and Miss Monica.
    ''I need time out for plays...Channel 7 has always been very generous with letting me do that, Georgie recently told our sister publication New Idea.

Sophie and Patrick on the other hand, are leaving Home & Away for good.
    The pair, who are dating in real life, both decided it was time to move on from the show and discover new opportunities.
    ''We have both done everything possible with our characters and it was time to start a new chapter,'' Sophie told TV Week when announcing the news for the first time.
    ''Sophie and I were 24 when we started on Home & Away,'' Patrick echoed.
    ''It's a huge commitment and a massive chunk of my life. I felt I changed into six different people in the time we were there. There's a lot of growth both as an actor and a person. It's a great place to work, but I was ready [to move on].''

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherboy View Post

Lynne McGranger hints at departure from Home and Away
    Is Irene finally saying goodbye to Summer Bay?

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...and-away-77044

Veteran Home & Away actress, Lynne McGranger has starred in the Aussie soap for 30 years.
    However, Lynne has revealed how she'd like her character, Irene Roberts, to leave the long running drama and safe to say it's rather ''dramatic.''

In an interview with Stuff, Lynne said:
    ''I wanted to go with the biggest bang, the most dramatic exit. I want to get lost at sea, or I want to die a really sad, length death with everyone weeping and wailing around me.''
    ''Or Irene could get lost at sea and they never find the body, have the memorial service and everything, and then she walks back into town,'' Lynne contined.

But don't fret Home & Away fans, Lynne is NOT leaving the show, she was just musing how she'd like to go, if and when she decides to.
    Unlike Lynne, Georgie Parker, Sophie Dillman and Patrick O'Connor are leaving Summer Bay.
    Georgie is, thankfully, only leaving temporarily. She'll be away from the soap for seven weeks whilst she stars in the stage play, Rhinestone Rex and Miss Monica.
    ''I need time out for plays...Channel 7 has always been very generous with letting me do that, Georgie recently told our sister publication New Idea.

Sophie and Patrick on the other hand, are leaving Home & Away for good.
    The pair, who are dating in real life, both decided it was time to move on from the show and discover new opportunities.
    ''We have both done everything possible with our characters and it was time to start a new chapter,'' Sophie told TV Week when announcing the news for the first time.
    ''Sophie and I were 24 when we started on Home & Away,'' Patrick echoed.
    ''It's a huge commitment and a massive chunk of my life. I felt I changed into six different people in the time we were there. There's a lot of growth both as an actor and a person. It's a great place to work, but I was ready [to move on].''
    Nooooo, she can't leave ..

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (13-03-2023)

does anyone live with irene now?

Thread Information