Thread: Casualty Spoilers 18th March 2017

Exclamation Casualty Spoilers 18th March 2017

Tonight's tense scenes hinted at trouble for a heavily pregnant Robyn as she attempted to help her seriously-unwell friend David Hide – who is suffering a psychotic episode after coming off medication for his bipolar disorder.

Although it became increasingly clear that David needed proper psychiatric help, an ever-caring Robyn got caught in the crossfire when she tried to reach out to him by getting into his car, only for him to speed off into the night.

And the trailer above will leave fans even more fearful for Robyn's future when she goes into labour in a graveyard next week – with only an unstable David to help.

Robyn in Casualty
    © BBC
    As Robyn's colleagues – including her panic-stricken stepbrother Max – desperately try to track her down, the big question is whether it will be too late as she can be seen in terrible trouble.

Not only did Casualty's high-octane spring trailer recently hint at heartbreak for Robyn, but her turbulent future was actually first revealed when Digital Spy caught up with the show's producer Erika Hossington last month.

Teasing a huge couple of episodes for the two nurses, Erika said: "Robyn's pregnancy, labour, and birth all collide with a massive crisis point for David.

"This will all culminate in a massive, massive episode – it is very dramatic and involved night shoots with a rain machine.

Robyn Miller is upset over Glen's condition in Casualty
    © BBC ALISTAIR HEAP
    "The episode after, I am delighted to say, has been written by Barbara Machin, and it is a Robyn-centric episode. It takes place over five days but I don't want to give too much about the storyline away."

Fans will have to tune in next week to see how the story unfolds, but will Robyn and her baby both survive?

Casualty will air these scenes next Saturday on BBC One.

Digital Spy
    Last edited by Perdita; 12-03-2017 at 10:55.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (12-03-2017), tammyy2j (19-03-2017)

I do hope David returns, Jason Durr playing a blinder, such a flawed character who you can't help but sympathize with

Robyn and her little girl will be ok surely

Casualty aired one of its most dramatic episodes of the year tonight (March 18) as Robyn Miller fell unconscious after giving birth prematurely in a graveyard.

Robyn got caught in the crossfire as she tried to reach out to her seriously-unwell friend David Hide – who is suffering a psychotic episode after coming off medication for his bipolar disorder.

Thankfully, Robyn was tracked down and rushed to hospital – but the fate of her newborn baby girl is currently unknown. Fans will have to keep watching to see what the future holds for Robyn and her daughter, but it's clear she still has some big challenges ahead. So, Digital Spy recently caught up with Amanda Henderson, who plays her, to get all the gossip.

What were these episodes like to film?

"So difficult! During the scenes where Robyn gave birth, the weather was just constantly against us. We were supposed to have rain, but we weren't supposed to have thunder, lightening, hail stones. We literally got every form of weather thrown at us. And then when we needed it to rain, it didn't!

"It was cold, it was late nights and early mornings, and you are in a spooky little graveyard. So it was tough but everyone just rallied together and the crew were amazing at looking after us. Everyone kept each other going, it was brilliant."

Casualty obviously films quite a long time in advance, so have you been excited for everyone to see the episode?

"Yes, even I was excited to see it. I never want to watch an episode before it airs because if I don't like it, or there is something I think I could have done better, I just spend the whole time thinking about that. Whereas if I watch it when it actually airs, there is nothing I can do about it. It just saves me the worry.

"I am quite self-critical so when it comes to things like that I tend to just wait until it's aired. But I am excited for everyone to see it – it has been the pinnacle of Robyn's story. She has had a tough old time of it recently and things might not get so much better, but it has been a nice end to that storyline."

How did you prepare for the birth scenes?

"Well, I've never given birth before and I don't have children. And even lots of my friends that have had children, had caesareans so they were no use to me either – I couldn't ask them for any advice! So, I really horribly watched a lot of YouTube videos.

"They have a lot of them out there and I learned a lot. However, I think it has scarred me for life. And with Jason helping me give birth as well, we formed a new friendship level right there! Luckily, me and Jason are really good mates anyway and he was lovely to work with is, as per usual."

Have you enjoyed being involved in such a big storyline and exploring all these different challenges for Robyn?

"Yes, I have been on the show for four and a half years now, but I feel that she has really grown up in this last year. She has come into her own a bit more and I think I've grown up with her as well. This was my first big TV show and as a character we have both grown together. It has been amazing to have a storyline like this. I love acting, it's my passion. And it's not just my passion now – it's my job. I do it everyday, but this storyline just took it to a whole new level and it was incredible.

"The writers did such an amazing job on both this week's episode and next week's. Mark Catley and Barbara Machin who wrote them were just phenomenal and they get the character so well. They get Jason's character as well. I didn't feel I had to question anything because I felt everything was already down on the page.

"It all just flowed so well and we had amazing directors as well. Alex Jacob, who did the graveyard episode, and Julie Edwards, who did the one after, were both just amazing and they helped me through everything."

We obviously know that Robyn survives the ordeal but we didn't see what happened to the baby. Can you tell us a bit about what's next for her after this?

"The baby is six weeks premature and hasn't been born into the best of circumstances. Robyn has spent the last seven and a half months carrying this baby and thinking 'this is my world, this is all I am going to have now'. As soon as the baby is in jeopardy, Robyn's whole world is just crumbling in front of her.

"She has had a tough time anyway with Glen leaving and not knowing where he is or what's happened to him, and then she has a birth that's as dramatic as that. I can't imagine anybody going through what Robyn goes through. I don't know how people cope and I don't know how Robyn copes."

Has Robyn got more challenges ahead or is it going to get easier for her now?

"I can't say if it is going to get easier or not as that gives too much away. But she is not going to have the smoothest of rides in the slightest. I would like her to be really happy and settle down, but that wouldn't make a drama, would it?"

Do you think she would be a good mum if given the chance?

"Yes, but she hasn't got any experience. She is better with elderly patients than children, but she has a good heart and she cares for people. She would do anything for others and I think she is the nicest person ever. But if the baby survives, it is whether she can cope with the stress of being a single mum. That still remains to be seen."

Robyn Miller in Casualty
    © BBC ALISTAIR HEAP
    How is this going to affect her friendship with David? Is she going to be able to forgive him?

"I think it is difficult for her to forgive him. He put her life and the life of her baby in complete jeopardy. If someone were to do that to me, I am not sure if I could forgive them."

Digital Spy

Thread Information