Page 930 of 1129 FirstFirst ... 4308308809209289299309319329409801030 ... LastLast
Results 9,291 to 9,300 of 11287

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - V

Stu "I've left a pan of rice in the boil" - who does that - I only have turn my head away and it boils all over the hob. - Surely the scriptwriters could have thought of a better excuse for Stu to have to rush off?
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 14-03-2023 at 14:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    Stu "I've left a pan of rice in the boil" - who does that - I only have turn my head away and it boils all over the hob. - Surely the scriptwriters could have thought of a better excuse for Stu to have to rush off?
    You do not boil rice anyway, you steam it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    You do not boil rice anyway, you steam it!!
    To be fair to Stu, some people do boil rice, but turn it down to a simmer when it reaches a boil. I think this might be the quickest way to cook it. What no one should do is leave it unattended.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 14-03-2023 at 16:59.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

Perdita (14-03-2023)

To be fair to Stu, some people do boil rice, but turn it down to a simmer when it reaches a boil. I think this might be the quichest way to cook it. What no one should do is leave it unattended.
    Fair enough, Stu might have referred to boiling the rice before turning it down to a simmer, maybe that is why he was having to go back to the kitchen...

Fair enough, Stu might have referred to boiling the rice before turning it down to a simmer, maybe that is why he was having to go back to the kitchen...
    Stu is suppose to be a chef, I doubt any chef would leaving rice on a stove boiling or simmering. Pasta and rice are notorious for suddenly boiling over, as the water evaporates. I still think it is lazy writing, he could just have said he had to get the tea ready. Sometines they give too much detail, sometimes not enough. It is this lack of attention to detail in small things that leads to writing stories that are unrealistic and have no credibility.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

Dennis tanner (15-03-2023), flappinfanny (14-03-2023), parkerman (14-03-2023), Perdita (15-03-2023)

Anyone hoping this is the end of the Justin story, I fear will be disappointed. He will probably get off with a slap on the wrist, probably just a caution. Even if it is treated more seriously he will be out on bail tomorrow, ready to resume stalking --

Anyone hoping this is the end of the Justin story, I fear will be disappointed. He will probably get off with a slap on the wrist, probably just a caution. Even if it is treated more seriously he will be out on bail tomorrow, ready to resume stalking --
    He is going to throw acid at Daisy, I guess there will not be any witnesses though...in real life, some people have been stalked for years... I guess this will not be over soon .. maybe this storyline ends when Stephen gets found out at the end of this year...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (15-03-2023)

He is going to throw acid at Daisy, I guess there will not be any witnesses though...in real life, some people have been stalked for years... I guess this will not be over soon .. maybe this storyline ends when Stephen gets found out at the end of this year...
    I must have missed that bit, I saw him grab her with both hands, but did not see the acid. In that case he probably will go to jail, and the story will be over. Daisy took a bit of a chance though, what would have happened if Daniel could not find Craig.

Miley does not have a Canadian accent despite having grown up there....

Miley does not have a Canadian accent despite having grown up there....
    I thought she did, or was that an american accent?

Thread Information