Page 889 of 1129 FirstFirst ... 389789839879887888889890891899939989 ... LastLast
Results 8,881 to 8,890 of 11287

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - V

I am really not engaging with this racism story, or for that matter any of the current storylines. Except perhaps the "George and the Chesterfield" story, because something is bound to go wrong, and I cannot think what it will be. I was not interest in "The Play", lothario Ken's love life, Tyrone's secret wedding, again this will not run smoothly. Or Nick's never ending money worries and now his involvement with more comedy gangstars not to forget Leanne inevitably shouting and being rude and nasty to everyone whose path she crosses. I know racism is a serious matter, but Griff and his gang including unlikely undercover cop Spider come across to me like cartoon characters, and Max looks like he is permanently stoned on Ganja. I have long lost track of Stephen's plots and machinations, indeed it could be said that I have lost the plot. I am just thankful that we have been seeing less of Stu and Alya recently. Come back Mrs Cranshaw, pop into the cabin and reminisce with Brian about highs and lows of being a headteacher.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

lizann (23-12-2022), parkerman (22-12-2022), Perdita (22-12-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    I am really not engaging with this racism story, or for that matter any of the current storylines. Except perhaps the "George and the Chesterfield" story, because something is bound to go wrong, and I cannot think what it will be. I was not interest in "The Play", lothario Ken's love life, Tyrone's secret wedding, again this will not run smoothly. Or Nick's never ending money worries and now his involvement with more comedy gangstars not to forget Leanne inevitably shouting and being rude and nasty to everyone whose path she crosses. I know racism is a serious matter, but Griff and his gang including unlikely undercover cop Spider come across to me like cartoon characters, and Max looks like he is permanently stoned on Ganja. I have long lost track of Stephen's plots and machinations, indeed it could be said that I have lost the plot. I am just thankful that we have been seeing less of Stu and Alya recently. Come back Mrs Cranshaw, pop into the cabin and reminisce with Brian about highs and lows of being a headteacher.
    I agree. I think the racism story is important but, as with all these types of story in Corrie, it is not being very well portrayed. As you say, Griff and his mates are completely unbelievable. They are like the Keystone Cops of racists. The story deserves to have so much better treatment.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (22-12-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    I agree. I think the racism story is important but, as with all these types of story in Corrie, it is not being very well portrayed. As you say, Griff and his mates are completely unbelievable. They are like the Keystone Cops of racists. The story deserves to have so much better treatment.
    Great minds think alike, I was going to mention "Keystone Cops" but forgot to do so, before hitting submit.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

parkerman (22-12-2022)

Tyrone's secret wedding? Who did he marry?

Quote Originally Posted by bratface View Post
    Tyrone's secret wedding? Who did he marry?
    He's planning a secret wedding to Fiz on Christmas Day.
    Last edited by parkerman; 22-12-2022 at 22:49.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

bratface (22-12-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    He's planning a secret wedding to Fizz on Christmas Day.
    Normal vicars have a free day after a short morning service. They have the rest of the day off to spend with friends and families. Soap vicars are made to do extra, but it makes up for the fact that those like Silly Billy do very little for the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    Normal vicars have a free day after a short morning service. They have the rest of the day off to spend with friends and families. Soap vicars are made to do extra, but it makes up for the fact that those like Silly Billy do very little for the rest of the year.
    The wedding is in a hotel, so probably will not involve a vicar.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

parkerman (22-12-2022)

And when Ty said to the girls to keep the wedding a secret Hope said,

? So you want us to lie??

? Yes, Hope. Think you can manage that??

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LouiseP For This Useful Post:

bratface (23-12-2022), parkerman (22-12-2022)

The wedding is in a hotel, so probably will not involve a vicar.
    Would cost a fortune to have such a do on Christmas day, but Tryone is loaded isn't he.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    Would cost a fortune to have such a do on Christmas day, but Tryone is loaded isn't he.
    As well as getting a booking on Christmas Day at short notice!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LouiseP For This Useful Post:

Dennis tanner (23-12-2022)

Thread Information