Page 758 of 1129 FirstFirst ... 258658708748756757758759760768808858 ... LastLast
Results 7,571 to 7,580 of 11286

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - V

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Probably has basic knowledge but if he has qualified in family law, property law is not his expertise
    A solicitor doesn't know all the law but he knows how to look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    Can take a long time to find the right law rulings .,,, which is why QCs are often used to do the leg work behind the scenes to find what they consider to be the appropriate rulings

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Can take a long time to find the right law rulings .,,, which is why QCs are often used to do the leg work behind the scenes to find what they consider to be the appropriate rulings
    Whereas a Police officer on the beat is supposed to make the correct decisions at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    Most solicitors I've come across are totally useless. Some years ago I was so disenchanted with my previous experience of solicitors that I decide to do my own conveyancing when I bought a house. I was introduced to the solicitor who would be acting for my mortgage providers. He asked me why I was doing my own conveyancing. I said because it's not difficult and I wanted to do it myself. He said it would be much better if I handed it over to him because he had been to Law School for five years!

I kindly rejected his offer. As things progressed he was glacially slow and actually made several mistakes which I had to point out to him and which slowed things up even more. He did nothing to improve my opinion of solicitors. Where possible, I have always avoided using a solicitor and have done further conveyancing myself, both buying and selling, as well as other things that might normally be done by a solicitor. Most times all you need is some common sense and I've found I can look up things as well as they can.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (21-03-2022), Son of Cain (21-03-2022)

I wish Jacob had smacked Steve in the face and done us all a favour. 😡

The scenes with Carla and Sarah were very good. Poor Toyah, she is being made a mug of. I do like how they have turned Tracy into "Normal" from the days when she was a psychotic bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Most solicitors I've come across are totally useless. Some years ago I was so disenchanted with my previous experience of solicitors that I decide to do my own conveyancing when I bought a house. I was introduced to the solicitor who would be acting for my mortgage providers. He asked me why I was doing my own conveyancing. I said because it's not difficult and I wanted to do it myself. He said it would be much better if I handed it over to him because he had been to Law School for five years!

I kindly rejected his offer. As things progressed he was glacially slow and actually made several mistakes which I had to point out to him and which slowed things up even more. He did nothing to improve my opinion of solicitors. Where possible, I have always avoided using a solicitor and have done further conveyancing myself, both buying and selling, as well as other things that might normally be done by a solicitor. Most times all you need is some common sense and I've found I can look up things as well as they can.
    The best firms charge a fixed fee. They do the job quickly, efficiently and cheaply.

Quote Originally Posted by flappinfanny View Post
    I wish Jacob had smacked Steve in the face and done us all a favour. 😡
    I do like how they have turned Tracy into "Normal" from the days when she was a psychotic bitch.
    Mrs MacDonald should still be in The Chokey and I will never like her

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

bratface (04-04-2022), flappinfanny (27-03-2022)

In respect of Amy, Steve needs to let her get on with it and pick up the pieces if necessary.

a flat anti climatic end for lydia and adam should have told sarah do one believing a stranger over him

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (24-03-2022)

They certainly don't hang around granting planning permission in Weatherfield. My council takes about 2 or 3 months to grant planning permission, certainly not in under one day!

Also, I hope Maria gets prosecuted for standing outside a polling station on polling day with an umbrella saying, "Vote Maria" on it as that is against the law.

Once again, no political parties involved in a Weatherfield election.

Apart from that excellent research by the Corrie scriptwriting team. Ahem?..

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dennis tanner (24-03-2022), flappinfanny (27-03-2022), lizann (24-03-2022), Perdita (24-03-2022), RogerOver (23-03-2022), Son of Cain (24-03-2022)

Thread Information