Page 715 of 1129 FirstFirst ... 215615665705713714715716717725765815 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,150 of 11285

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - V

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    Certainly not. He's a jolly and friendly chap who knows where his bread is buttered
    simon was just like steve in the castle for im a celeb and came 2nd, runner up

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    Audrey was speaking for all of us, well, me, at least, when she said "One day someone will get married around here, without a hitch". The first few times of the "will they - won't they" is a bit dramatic, but every time, it just becomes boring and predictable.
    Applies to all soaps of course

PC Tinker is probably so busy investigating every crime in Weatherfield that he has no time to contact the bank. I am pretty sure it will turn out he was not stealing the money at all. It was pretty obvious he was booking Fuerteventura for the honeymoon, so no surprize there then. I am getting tired of this boring tale. Wish he was stealing the money and running off, so that we could see the back of him.
    Was Craig's car insured for Faye to drive ? In any case, Coromnation street is a really daft place to have your first driving lesson.

Current loath list....
    Platt.....R
    Tracy Barlow
    Abi Webster,

R... irredeemable

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    Was Craig's car insured for Faye to drive ? In any case, Coromnation street is a really daft place to have your first driving lesson.
    Talking of which, I can't understand why Faye got the blame for the near accident. Asha was looking at her phone and just stepped straight into the road in front of the car.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Jadefalcon (21-12-2021), Perdita (21-12-2021), Son of Cain (22-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Talking of which, I can't understand why Faye got the blame for the near accident. Asha was looking at her phone and just stepped straight into the road in front of the car.
    Even if she had been hit, she would have only stumbled a little as that car was going slower than an old gentleman using a zimmer frame

PC Tinker is probably so busy investigating every crime in Weatherfield that he has no time to contact the bank. I am pretty sure it will turn out he was not stealing the money at all. It was pretty obvious he was booking Fuerteventura for the honeymoon, so no surprize there then. I am getting tired of this boring tale. Wish he was stealing the money and running off, so that we could see the back of him.
    This is Craig Tinkler the probationary Constable. This in the real world would have been a CID matter and even if it were not so then it would be highly unlikely that Craig would be investigating so close to home. Then of course this isn't the real world it's Corrie. Where things happen in accelerated time.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (21-12-2021), lizann (21-12-2021), parkerman (21-12-2021), Ruffed_lemur (21-12-2021), Son of Cain (22-12-2021)

One of my children is a police officer. As far as I'm aware police officers can serve at their local station, but it's not advisable, due to lack of anonymity, the criminal element potentially knowing where you live etc.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LizzyBizzy For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (22-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by LizzyBizzy View Post
    One of my children is a police officer. As far as I'm aware police officers can serve at their local station, but it's not advisable, due to lack of anonymity, the criminal element potentially knowing where you live etc.
    When I was young, our local officer lived in a Police house with a little Police Station attached. Everyone knew where he lived.

The Problem in Corrie is that PC Tinker appears to deal with all crimes occuring in Coronation street and the street immediately next to it. He is always on duty when necessary.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (22-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by LizzyBizzy View Post
    It opens them up to all sorts of allegations. It could put them in an awkward position. Over here it used to be the case that you were not allowed to live in the area you served in.

In PC Tinkler's case I sure there are plenty of other Stations than Weatherfield he could serve in although I accept that Weatherfield Nick is the centre of the known universe
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

parkerman (22-12-2021), Son of Cain (22-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    It opens them up to all sorts of allegations. It could put them in an awkward position. Over here it used to be the case that you were not allowed to live in the area you served in.

In PC Tinkler's case I sure there are plenty of other Stations than Weatherfield he could serve in although I accept that Weatherfield Nick is the centre of the known universe
    Surely you don't expect someone who lives in Weatherfield to work somewhere else. It's completely unheard of.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (22-12-2021)

Thread Information