Page 490 of 1129 FirstFirst ... 390440480488489490491492500540590990 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,900 of 11286

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - V

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    The problem is that Leanne was not truthful about Oliver's condition, so when Dr Shmidt agreed to see Oliver he did so on the basis of this incorrect imformation. When he learned the truth and decided not to come, Leanne unjustly blamed Oliver's doctor of making the decision for him. While appreciating Leanne's dilemma I find it difficult to sympathize with her because they have painted her as such an aggressive and unlikable character. However saying that I think on the whole this story has been told well, illustrating what a difficult and terrible situation this would be for any parent to find themself in.
    That's the problem, I wholly sympathise with Leanne and I can see how you'd try anything but her attitude to others hasn't been helpful. I'm surprised the doctor will still deal with her as Leanne has all but accused her of wanting to murder Oliver but at the same time doing that would give her ammunition.

Leanne's mistruths have not helped but I am sure the German doctor would get access to medical reports to work with. As to the second call, hadn't Oliver's condition worsened between that and the events of Friday?
    Last edited by Jadefalcon; 04-10-2020 at 20:35.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jadefalcon For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (05-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadefalcon View Post
    The trouble is that Leanne will not accept any result except a miracle cure. I bet if Dr Schmidt comes across and gives the same diagnosis she will be looking for a third and fourth opinion etc.
    Leanne cannot accept that her son could die or only live with a machine

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    Leanne did tell the truth in a second call to Dr. Schmidt, and he said he would still see Oliver. Later the doctor in England spoke to Dr. Schmidt, and now we have a different scenario. Must admit, I would be suspicious about this. Enough to make anyone angry IMO.
    Leanne was still not completely honest in the second conversation, when asked if she had downplayed the number of seizures she replied "a bit" altho' she new that it was only the medication that was stopping him from having continuous seizures. Dr Shmidz said he would have to see Oliver's notes and access him. He was then interupted by another phone call and said he would be in touch, he did not actually say he was still coming to see Oliver. Presumably after seeing the notes and speaking to Dr Howarth and her team he felt there was so reason to see Oliver personally. For Leanne to accuse Dr Howarth of deliberately telling him not to come is unreasonably. The analogy with two taxi firms does not stand as Oliver is being treated on the NHS so there is no financial incentive for Dr Howarth to want to stop Oliver going to Germany. Leanne simply cannot accept the truth which is understandable, who is to say that any of us would be any different, but her accusations of Dr Howarth are unfair, I can see nothing suspicious about her behavior. Jane Danson is doing a great job acting this part.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 05-10-2020 at 11:36.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

lizann (05-10-2020), parkerman (05-10-2020), Perdita (05-10-2020), Snagglepus (05-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadefalcon View Post
    That's the problem, I wholly sympathise with Leanne and I can see how you'd try anything but her attitude to others hasn't been helpful. I'm surprised the doctor will still deal with her as Leanne has all but accused her of wanting to murder Oliver but at the same time doing that would give her ammunition.

Leanne's mistruths have not helped but I am sure the German doctor would get access to medical reports to work with. As to the second call, hadn't Oliver's condition worsened between that and the events of Friday?
    She is not thinking straight, looking to blame anyone, I am sure doctors that deal with these heartbreaking news get that from the parents a lot.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

parkerman (05-10-2020), Son of Cain (05-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    She is not thinking straight, looking to blame anyone, I am sure doctors that deal with these heartbreaking news get that from the parents a lot.
    I'm sure they must. I think it would be a little better if the German doctor got back to Leanne though, as he said he would.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    I'm sure they must. I think it would be a little better if the German doctor got back to Leanne though, as he said he would.
    Yes, he should, but why doesn't Leanne phone him?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (05-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Yes, he should, but why doesn't Leanne phone him?
    Maybe the German doctor would have spoken to Leanne after consulting the local doctor and then he realised that Leanne had not been totally truthful ... again, I think doctors dealing with life or death decisions know that parents might not tell the whole truth on a short telephone consultation...
    Last edited by Perdita; 05-10-2020 at 19:47.

Tracey changed her mind about selling, but is she being selfish or using common sense. If the court rules against them after they spend the money she would be left without her business and any income. If the end game is that nothing can be done for Oliver they could all be left with no money or even in debt. She is not as emotionally involved as Steve and Leanne so can see the situation though different eyes. Steve seems to have hardened his attitude to Dr Howarth and aligned himself with Leanne's view that she has deliberately stopped Dr Shmidz from becoming involved. I am wondering if now Nick has met his son if he will also change his mind about selling his shares? Will Leanne split with Nick once she learns about Nick's son and get back with Steve as his relationship with Tracey seems to be coming under strain?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

Perdita (06-10-2020)

I will always loath Tracy Barlow but she has made the right decision.

The only people who can save Oliver are ITV.

I'm surprised that Imran has accepted the case to the extent of giving his services free and hiring an expensive barrister. Should he not have given Leanne and Steve a realistic assessment of the case?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (06-10-2020)

Thread Information