Page 488 of 1129 FirstFirst ... 388438478486487488489490498538588988 ... LastLast
Results 4,871 to 4,880 of 11286

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - V

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    Has grace really committed a crime
    Exactly what I was thinking. Craig arrested her for fraud. What fraud? Yes, she lied by omission to Michael, not even explicitly, but is every lie now a crime?

Also, another thing that happens often in soaps, is this idea that by escaping to Spain or Portugal they will evade the Police and arrest. Has no-one heard of Interpol or extradition?

And, while I'm here, what's the point of the doctor wearing her mask when she is outside the relatives' room and then taking it off when she is actually in close proximity to other people and talking to them?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (03-10-2020)

sammy loving daddy nick on their first meeting

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

swmc66 (03-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    no mention of leanne asking any of her family for money or help, do they call about the child even
    I don't think her father is doing well at the moment. If she doesn't sort herself out, the hospital might have to waste money going to court.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

Snagglepus (03-10-2020), Son of Cain (03-10-2020)

Has grace really committed a crime surely she has mental health issues. Would Craig be allowed to work in the area where he lives, I thought the police had a policy of not having officers work with their neighbours. Surely this could cause all sort of problems.
    There would be no point in Craig joining the force if he wasn't going to be on the show

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (09-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. Craig arrested her for fraud. What fraud? Yes, she lied by omission to Michael, not even explicitly, but is every lie now a crime?

Also, another thing that happens often in soaps, is this idea that by escaping to Spain or Portugal they will evade the Police and arrest. Has no-one heard of Interpol or extradition?

And, while I'm here, what's the point of the doctor wearing her mask when she is outside the relatives' room and then taking it off when she is actually in close proximity to other people and talking to them?
    I think I read somewhere that Interpol don't have arrest powers as such, but the extradition, I don't know. Spain did get the name for a while for housing certain criminals but I think that time has passed.

Leanne could organise protests outside the hospital, Mary, Evelyn and Nina are experienced banner wavers, and even go to the European Court of Human Rights or visit the pope.

Nick's son wore me out, I hope he isn't on too often.
    Sent from my desktop computer using my fingers on the keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadefalcon View Post
    I think I read somewhere that Interpol don't have arrest powers as such, but the extradition, I don't know. Spain did get the name for a while for housing certain criminals but I think that time has passed.
    No, Interpol does not have arresting powers, but they can carry out investigations and track criminals down. The arrest itself would have to be done by the Spanish Police in co-operation with the British Police. In the two years up to 2015, over 500 wanted Brits were arrested in Spain. The numbers have dropped since then as wanted criminals have seen it is not a safe place to run to, but there are still scores of arrests every year.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (03-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by flappinfanny View Post
    These hour long episodes on a Friday are a chore, I keep thinking hurry up and finish i want to watch EastEnders.

I may be barking up the wrong tree but does Nick's son have Autism or Asperger's?

The Oliver storyline is not working for me, not sure why, I do think this storyline is a mistake.

I do like the new Shona she is funny.
    Yes I think I prefer two half hour episodes gives me a bit of a break from all the misery. Nick's son does feel a bit full on, he is bound to have some condition, would be too much to expect otherwise. I expect this will cause friction between Nick and Leanne when she finds out about him, which she is bound to do if Nick becomes secretive and if Sam comes to the flat. Wondered why Natasha insisted on bring him there.
    I know what you mean about the Oliver story, for me it is Leanne's aggresive attitude to everyone who disagrees with her, especially the the doctors. I can understand she finds it difficult to accept there is nothing that can be done for Oliver but her attitude to the doctors does not help anyone especially herself. Steve knows she was not truthful to the German doctor, and I think Nick knows too, so it should comes as no surprise to them that he will not accept Oliver for treatment. Yet here they both are selling all there assets to pay for it. It is unlikely that they would be asked to pay up front, time enough to sell when it is agreed that Oliver is going to Germany.
    Shona is the only light relief we have at the moment.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 04-10-2020 at 08:30.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

parkerman (03-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    There would be no point in Craig joining the force if he wasn't going to be on the show
    We could still see him when he is off duty.

We could still see him when he is off duty.
    That would be a shame if after all he went through to be able to join he was only an off-duty copper ...

Thread Information