Page 422 of 1116 FirstFirst ... 322372412420421422423424432472522922 ... LastLast
Results 4,211 to 4,220 of 11159

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - V

Especially as she saw him locking Yasmeen in the house.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jadefalcon For This Useful Post:

emerald (04-05-2020), tammyy2j (04-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by emerald View Post
    It was Eileen's reaction that puzzled me the most, after what she saw on the street. Even if she couldn't hear what Geoff was saying, surely his whole demeanour and Yasmeen's body language should have alerted her that something was wrong, especially as she already knows about the Box Incident.
    this is eileen who believed phelan but yes she should be more wise

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Brucie (04-05-2020)

I'm not convinced that Eileen doesn't have a contrary view to the others in the pub yet. She did disagree with Cathy and Brian before about Yasmeen and say what she'd seen. She might come good yet!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

emerald (04-05-2020), flappinfanny (03-05-2020), Ruffed_lemur (03-05-2020), tammyy2j (04-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    I'm not convinced that Eileen doesn't have a contrary view to the others in the pub yet. She did disagree with Cathy and Brian before about Yasmeen and say what she'd seen. She might come good yet!
    lets hope eileen and peter side with yas

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Brucie (04-05-2020), parkerman (03-05-2020)

She sacked the Sharrif but she could not sack the Geoff...ery

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

Brucie (04-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by thin space man View Post
    In an ideal world (i.e, no Covid 19 lockdown) this storyline would have played out weeks ago. Perhaps it may have been a bit more palatable, but in a time of uncertainty, this already grim subject matter is twice as depressing, given the current situation?

To be fair, I'm sick to death of TV programmes jumping onto moral soap boxes (pun intended) and tackling any/all box ticking social problems. First and foremost, I want to be entertained, not socially conscious of the many hardships in the world.

Let's hope that come the other side of this lockdown, Coronation Street realises that it's primarily a soap opera and not a social worker. Fine if you can balance the two Acts (subtly) but not rammed down our throats at the sacrifice of it's primary obligation to entertain.

I'd love to hear the announcer over the end credits say (quote) "If you've been affected by issues raised in tonight's episode.............then perhaps you should be doing something about it, instead of watching TV all the time?"

Sorry if that sounds harsh.....but it seems that CS is going down the Brookside route in the last couple of years (and it certainly wouldn't have lasted 60 years if it started out as downbeat as it has been of recent) Let's stop expecting 'soaps' to solve all the ills of the world and enjoy them for the escapism they're meant to be?
    I don't mind Soaps tackling social issues as long as the do so in a believable and realistic way, which more often they do not. Credibility is usually sacrificed for drama. Since Yasmeen had packed and hidden her suitcase she was probably going to leave him at some time. That time should have been when he burned her clothes. But no! She stayed hoping things would get better when she should have known they would not. That scene was contrived to get her to wear that ridiculous red dress, that he probably bought for Rachael, and then to embarrass her in the pub. She told him all her party clothes were in the case, is it likely you would pack party clothes if you were running away from an abusive husband. - Drama over reality. When the abuse story began it was subtle and not direct, Geoff framing Alya's friend for stealing the jewellery, moving on to isolating her from her Alya and convincing her she drank too much. Even the cleaning came about because of his supposed allergies, and her desire to please him. But when the abuse became more blatant and direct I thought it start to lose credibility. I know abusers can escalate their behavior but when he started bad mouthing her to others, no one seemed to question if this was the Yasmeen they knew, even though they had known her a lot longer than him.
    In that last scene in The Rovers he was openly embarrassing her in front Sally and Tim, when she learned about the money for the wedding he said "can I not treat my only child" on Cononation Steet Wiki Fandom it says Tim has two older brothers, Christopher and Craig, it seems the writers do not know their own history.
    It will be interesting to see if he is dead, and how the aftermath unfolds. No doubt it will follow the usual dramatic course of the victim being blamed and made to suffer more.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 03-05-2020 at 12:25.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

Brucie (04-05-2020), parkerman (03-05-2020), Perdita (03-05-2020)

Was it ever shown where Geoff has concealed the camera? I would have thought that with all the cleaning Yasmeen has to do she would have moved it by dusting under or around it and therefore made it impossible for Geoff to see what she is doing. I agree with previous comment that a small suitcase packed ready for fleeing the home would highly unlikely contain party clothes ...

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Was it ever shown where Geoff has concealed the camera? I would have thought that with all the cleaning Yasmeen has to do she would have moved it by dusting under or around it and therefore made it impossible for Geoff to see what she is doing. I agree with previous comment that a small suitcase packed ready for fleeing the home would highly unlikely contain party clothes ...
    He hid it on top of the shelf unit a while ago I think shortly after he first started abusing her. Maybe above the cupboard where the dress was, but maybe on another shelf. He did see her adding something to the suitcase recently, when he was in the cafe, that's why he went through that charade with his "special marinade bowl". I did ask a while ago, why she never found it dusting, but perhaps she does not do the top of the shelves and he would not want to point this out to her. We have not seen him checking the camera too often, although presumably he must do so or his phone would run out of memory. Problem with surveillance is that it it is time consuming to view. This is just another example of the lack of thought about detail in this "drama".

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

Brucie (04-05-2020), lizann (03-05-2020), parkerman (03-05-2020), Perdita (03-05-2020), RogerOver (03-05-2020)

Bit ironic (Is this the right word?) that Geoff chastised Yasmeen for locking the cupboard where she hid the suitcase, when he did the same with the cupboard where he hid the dress.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 04-05-2020 at 12:29.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

lizann (03-05-2020), Perdita (03-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    She sacked the Sharrif but she could not sack the Geoff...ery
    Clever musical reference!

Thread Information