Page 385 of 1124 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395435485885 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 11231

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - V

That sadistic scum Geoff really needs to die a slow, agonisingly painful death. The more horrible the better.

Here's what I'm hoping for Geoff: Yasmeen's friends gang up on him when they realise what he's been doing to her and they put HIM in the box, lock it and "lose" the key. And then they chuck the box in the canal.

Overall, I loved Friday's episode. I liked the idea of taking a big group of characters, of all ages, out of their usual environment, especially as many of them don't normally interact. It was also lovely to see strong, older characters who have decades long links with the Street and hear their philosophical conversations about times past, plus I was interested to hear that Eileen may have family connections to Elsie Tanner. I was sort of expecting it to be a standalone episode but it was good how the existing storylines fed into it a little. In relation to the odious Geoff I was surprised that he allowed Yasmeen to go to Blackpool without him but he might see it as a kind of "treat" to lure her into a false sense of security.
    And that scene in the Rovers with all the ghosts of the past... I don't usually believe in ghosts but in this context it's nice to think that the characters of the past left a little bit of themselves behind, as Rita put it.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emerald For This Useful Post:

lizann (09-02-2020), parkerman (08-02-2020), Ruffed_lemur (08-02-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by emerald View Post
    Overall, I loved Friday's episode. I liked the idea of taking a big group of characters, of all ages, out of their usual environment, especially as many of them don't normally interact. It was also lovely to see strong, older characters who have decades long links with the Street and hear their philosophical conversations about times past, plus I was interested to hear that Eileen may have family connections to Elsie Tanner. I was sort of expecting it to be a standalone episode but it was good how the existing storylines fed into it a little. In relation to the odious Geoff I was surprised that he allowed Yasmeen to go to Blackpool without him but he might see it as a kind of "treat" to lure her into a false sense of security.
    And that scene in the Rovers with all the ghosts of the past... I don't usually believe in ghosts but in this context it's nice to think that the characters of the past left a little bit of themselves behind, as Rita put it.
    Julie Carp ( EileenĀ“s half sister) discovers that she is related to Dennis Tanner (Philip Lowrie) as his mother Elsie Tanner (Pat Phoenix) was a first cousin of her paternal grandfather, Arnley Grimshaw.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

emerald (08-02-2020)

Talking of Geoff 'allowing' Yasmeen to go along, he gave her money. Was it just my imagination, bad eyesight or did he give her a five pound note....

It wasn't a perfect episode, of course - All those characters suddenly being free to travel to Blackpool on a weekday, hiring a coach at such short notice, Mary dancing... And the bus driver's constant "bathroom breaks" were annoying too, especially as a flat tyre or puncture could have served the same plot purposes - characters would still have to retire to the pub, Nina could have still stormed off etc. And the biggest flaw of all was Dennis' ashes being spilled all over the car park - not a respectful exit for a character who was in the very first episode, regardless of what he did to Rita. Plus they already did a "funny" scene with an urn a few months ago, when Mary thought Freda had killed Norris.
    But I think you just have to overlook some of the plotholes, given that it was a special episode and there was so much lovely nostalgia in it.

I liked the feel of the CS episode and was very enjoyable to watch, although I did cringe at Bill Roache talking to the camera breaking the fourth wall at the end.

It is sad when older soap actors like Bill Roache, Barbara Knox and June Brown, become too theatrical and loose the art of how to act "normally" and stage act. However I did like the way they had the credits rolling at the end with different eras of the show. That was a nice touch by ITV.
    Last edited by flappinfanny; 08-02-2020 at 23:49.
    The People's Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Jadefalcon View Post
    Talking of Geoff 'allowing' Yasmeen to go along, he gave her money. Was it just my imagination, bad eyesight or did he give her a five pound note....
    Yes, I saw that too! He gives her ridiculously low amounts for shopping and treats doesn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    sean said he was in weatherfield general doing well
    Yes. but perhaps he said it at one of those moments when Dennis nodded off.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Perdita (09-02-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Yes. but perhaps he said it at one of those moments when Dennis nodded off.
    the ambulance did squash even his ashes

Thread Information