Page 205 of 1123 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305705 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 11228

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - V

Quote Originally Posted by emerald View Post
    Carla just needs to stay away from the factory completely, regardless of how Alya is running it, and should refuse to get involved in any of the petty battles among the staff, like when Fizz was sacked, for example. She sold Aidan her shares because she didn't want to be involved any more so why is she now suddenly interested in the underwear industry again? I know Aidan has since died and so much has changed but it just looks like she wants back in so that Alya can be pushed out. She was never a good businesswoman in the first place so maybe she should just get herself a different job.
    And I don't think Roy would support her in either of her current battles. He's friends with Alya's grandmother and I doubt he would want a baby to be separated from her mother, plus he remembers what she went through with Peter the first time round. If he takes Carla side after finding out what she's been up to, it will strain disbelief far too much for me.
    She was and is a good business woman who kept Underworld going for many years and the reason she wants the factory back is to keep in the Connor family. Alya would never had a look in for many years, if ever, if Aidan had not decided to kill himself. I am surprised Alya can keep it going with just Sarah as PA ..

johnny is some hypocrite, bashing eva and her "battersby sisters" while he fathered carla who married and slept with her own relatives

how contrived was the pub scene where all needed a hardware store, is there not one near enough anywhere in manchester, what does cathy and brian know about hardware yes both are tools

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (17-07-2018), tammyy2j (17-07-2018)

Why does Johnny never say his grandchild or granddaughter only his son's child, this is annoying me as is Johnny and the whole Connor family now Jenny too who I like and had sympathy for

Wasn't there a DIY/hardware shop in the street before. How many such shops do you see in the real world now, they cannot compete with the big DIY chains. Just relying people needing the odd item would never be financially viable, they will still go the place on the ring road when doing bigger projects. - They are doomed to fail.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

RogerOver (18-07-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    Wasn't there a DIY/hardware shop in the street before. How many such shops do you see in the real world now, they cannot compete with the big DIY chains. Just relying people needing the odd item would never be financially viable, they will still go the place on the ring road when doing bigger projects. - They are doomed to fail.
    Doomed, Captain Mainwairing, doomed.
    Joking aside, I agree on that. The turnover you'd need to make a shop like that pay wouldn't be easy at all. It is soap-land though. 95% of the customers you see in the other shops are the characters.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RogerOver For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (18-07-2018)

I seem to remember Sally had a hardware shop years ago but it burned down. I agree that Brian and Cathy's shop can't last - it'll just be for "comedy" storylines, I'd imagine, given the characters involved.
    I'd like to see it succeed of course, but that will involve the two of them doing research and seeing what services and products they can offer that the big stores don't, and the Street is not exactly realistic when it comes to business.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to emerald For This Useful Post:

Perdita (18-07-2018), RogerOver (18-07-2018), Son of Cain (18-07-2018), Splashy (18-07-2018)

I seem to remember Sally had a hardware shop years ago but it burned down. I agree that Brian and Cathy's shop can't last - it'll just be for "comedy" storylines, I'd imagine, given the characters involved.
    I'd like to see it succeed of course, but that will involve the two of them doing research and seeing what services and products they can offer that the big stores don't, and the Street is not exactly realistic when it comes to business.
    If there's some comedy involved I'm all for it. Get that shop open! Fork handles spring to mind.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RogerOver For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (18-07-2018), Splashy (18-07-2018)

They could supply Gary with all his building supplies...
    Sent from my desktop computer using my fingers on the keyboard.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Snagglepus For This Useful Post:

Splashy (18-07-2018)

Never thought of Gary - that's a good idea!
    And the comedy might be good but it's all the jokes about "nuts" etc that I'm dreading...

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emerald For This Useful Post:

RogerOver (18-07-2018), Splashy (18-07-2018)

Never thought of Gary - that's a good idea!
    And the comedy might be good but it's all the jokes about "nuts" etc that I'm dreading...
    Oh don't get me started!
    A guy escaped from a psychiatric hospital and broke into a laundry. He assaulted some female members of staff before disappearing.
    The news headline the following day: Nut screws washers and bolts.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RogerOver For This Useful Post:

LouiseP (18-07-2018), Perdita (18-07-2018), Snagglepus (18-07-2018), Splashy (18-07-2018)

Thread Information