Page 1062 of 1133 FirstFirst ... 62562962101210521060106110621063106410721112 ... LastLast
Results 10,611 to 10,620 of 11326

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - V

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Yes, Asha is training as paramedic. I guess that means the end of her relationship with Nina soon....
    Coronation Street has teased some relationship trouble ahead for Asha Alahan and Nina Lucas.

In new scenes set to air on the soap next week, Asha tells Nina that she is meeting her friend from university, Isla, as Nina reminds her that they are meant to be spending the day together just the two of them.

Asha and Amy speak about the anti-spiking demonstration that's due to happen in town, though Nina is taken aback as Asha has never mentioned it to her.

Later on in the week, they both go to meet Isla for lunch, though Asha is dressed up to the nines, which throws Nina.

During the meal, Nina is left bored while Asha and Isla talk about work and Aadi listens. Later, Isla texts Asha, which puts a smile on her face.

Is this threatening her relationship with Nina?

Last year, Asha actress Tanisha Gorey opened up on which sort of story she wants to avoid for Asha, admitting she doesn?t want to see her and Nina's relationship ending due to cheating.

"We don?t need a cheating story," she told What to Watch. "Not everyone needs to cheat in a relationship. But it?s a soap, we need the drama, we need something. But cheating should not be on the cards. Let?s hope that?s not the case."

She added of future hopes: "I think eventually I would love to see them living together because I think the dimensions of them would be quite brilliant to watch."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (08-11-2023)

Coronation Street has teased some relationship trouble ahead for Asha Alahan and Nina Lucas.

In new scenes set to air on the soap next week, Asha tells Nina that she is meeting her friend from university, Isla, as Nina reminds her that they are meant to be spending the day together just the two of them.

Asha and Amy speak about the anti-spiking demonstration that's due to happen in town, though Nina is taken aback as Asha has never mentioned it to her.

Later on in the week, they both go to meet Isla for lunch, though Asha is dressed up to the nines, which throws Nina.

During the meal, Nina is left bored while Asha and Isla talk about work and Aadi listens. Later, Isla texts Asha, which puts a smile on her face.

Is this threatening her relationship with Nina?

Last year, Asha actress Tanisha Gorey opened up on which sort of story she wants to avoid for Asha, admitting she doesn't want to see her and Nina's relationship ending due to cheating.

"We don't need a cheating story," she told What to Watch. "Not everyone needs to cheat in a relationship. But it's a soap, we need the drama, we need something. But cheating should not be on the cards. Let's hope that's not the case."

She added of future hopes: "I think eventually I would love to see them living together because I think the dimensions of them would be quite brilliant to watch."
    Well don't do it then Asda !!!

could sean and his son go off permanently to see violet

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    could sean and his son go off permanently to see violet
    You can't get rid of award winning legends just like that

Peter goes "Sailing" - bit of an anticlimactic exit.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...-split-teased/

Coronation Street has teased a split for Peter and Carla Barlow ahead of his exit.

Earlier this week, Carla confided in Sarah Platt that she now isn't sure her marriage will survive as Peter continues to struggle with his guilt over Stephen Reid's death.

Viewers already know Peter will be leaving Weatherfield in the coming weeks, and Wednesday's (November 8) episode may have laid the groundwork for his departure.

Pressure mounted throughout the episode after Carla and Sarah realised that the money Stephen stole from the factory accounts was nowhere to be found.

Carla lied to the staff, claiming she'd be able to pay them by the end of the day because the bank had traced the stolen funds. She asked the team to keep working until she could get them their money.

The lie was quickly uncovered, leading the staff to start striking outside the factory. Peter was taken aback when he tried to reason with the striking workers, only for Sean to blame him for the situation since he'd killed Stephen.

Although Peter rallied Sally, Evelyn, Roy, Nina, Simon, Kirk and Izzy to complete the necessary work, he soon asked Carla whether it was best to give up the business and start over.

Carla was stunned when Peter suggested they move to Mallorca and become crew members on a yacht. In the final scene of the episode, Peter tried to convince Carla that the yacht would make a "fresh start" for them after all of the drama with Stephen.

"Peter, you can't run away from your problems," Carla reminded him. "Like your support group said, wherever you go, there you are."

When Peter revealed that the boat sets sail next week, Carla couldn't believe her husband was asking her to pack up her entire life on such little notice.

"Sorry, it's a very hard 'no' from me," Carla declared.

The episode ended with Peter appearing to be heartbroken after being rejected.

Will this rejection lead to his departure from the cobbles?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...-split-teased/

Coronation Street has teased a split for Peter and Carla Barlow ahead of his exit.

Earlier this week, Carla confided in Sarah Platt that she now isn't sure her marriage will survive as Peter continues to struggle with his guilt over Stephen Reid's death.

Viewers already know Peter will be leaving Weatherfield in the coming weeks, and Wednesday's (November 8) episode may have laid the groundwork for his departure.

Pressure mounted throughout the episode after Carla and Sarah realised that the money Stephen stole from the factory accounts was nowhere to be found.

Carla lied to the staff, claiming she'd be able to pay them by the end of the day because the bank had traced the stolen funds. She asked the team to keep working until she could get them their money.

The lie was quickly uncovered, leading the staff to start striking outside the factory. Peter was taken aback when he tried to reason with the striking workers, only for Sean to blame him for the situation since he'd killed Stephen.

Although Peter rallied Sally, Evelyn, Roy, Nina, Simon, Kirk and Izzy to complete the necessary work, he soon asked Carla whether it was best to give up the business and start over.

Carla was stunned when Peter suggested they move to Mallorca and become crew members on a yacht. In the final scene of the episode, Peter tried to convince Carla that the yacht would make a "fresh start" for them after all of the drama with Stephen.

"Peter, you can't run away from your problems," Carla reminded him. "Like your support group said, wherever you go, there you are."

When Peter revealed that the boat sets sail next week, Carla couldn't believe her husband was asking her to pack up her entire life on such little notice.

"Sorry, it's a very hard 'no' from me," Carla declared.

The episode ended with Peter appearing to be heartbroken after being rejected.

Will this rejection lead to his departure from the cobbles?
    Carla should not have lied to the staff, there was no need to. She should have told the truth, that if they get the order out on time, it will be paid for in cash and they will be paid. This decision was only taken to cause the strike and inject drama, in reality I think Carla would not have lied to them. Izzy has a very short memory, forgetting that her job was kept open when she could not come to work, yet she was the first to call for a strike.

I think Peter was being unreasonable and unrealistic in expecting Carla to pack up her life in a week. A better more believable exit would be him going to jail or on the run, but then perhaps they did not want to blacken his character. It must be a problem for programme makers when one of the actors playing in a couple chooses to leave and the other wants to stay, to come up with a way to portray this, apart from the obvious, of one of them being unfaithful. But I think they could have come up with a better story than Peter going off sailing.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    Carla should not have lied to the staff, there was no need to. She should have told the truth, that if they get the order out on time, it will be paid for in cash and they will be paid. This decision was only taken to cause the strike and inject drama, in reality I think Carla would not have lied to them. Izzy has a very short memory, forgetting that her job was kept open when she could not come to work, yet she was the first to call for a strike.

I think Peter was being unreasonable and unrealistic in expecting Carla to pack up her life in a week. A better more believable exit would be him going to jail or on the run, but then perhaps they did not want to blacken his character. It must be a problem for programme makers when one of the actors playing in a couple chooses to leave and the other wants to stay, to come up with a way to portray this, apart from the obvious, of one of them being unfaithful. But I think they could have come up with a better story than Peter going off sailing.
    I find scriptwriters have problems with exit storylines, all soaps make a hash of them if they cannot kill the character off.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (09-11-2023), Ruffed_lemur (09-11-2023), Son of Cain (09-11-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post

This is the same in all soaps. Characters arte not allowed to tell the truth. I find it very irritating

how is simon not living with leanne

Thread Information