Page 1049 of 1134 FirstFirst ... 4954994999910391047104810491050105110591099 ... LastLast
Results 10,481 to 10,490 of 11334

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - V

So Peter has been arrested for murder based on what exactly? Not suspicion of murder, but actual murder. An overheard conversation? Without questioning Peter first? Without telling him his rights?

And where's Tracy anyway?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

lizann (17-10-2023), Ruffed_lemur (17-10-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    So Peter has been arrested for murder based on what exactly? Not suspicion of murder, but actual murder. An overheard conversation? Without questioning Peter first? Without telling him his rights?

peter the hero getting tim and he is arrested because of sally

The word suspicion is not necessary. Did she caution him? I don't remember. In any case there would be a formal interview under caution before he would be charged. I predict a manslaughter conviction but in Weatherfield Crown Court it could be anything. The Judge might be told to leave the door open for a possible return in a few years time

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    The word suspicion is not necessary. Did she caution him? I don't remember. In any case there would be a formal interview under caution before he would be charged. I predict a manslaughter conviction but in Weatherfield Crown Court it could be anything. The Judge might be told to leave the door open for a possible return in a few years time
    It has been confirmed that Chris Gascoyne will be able to return when he wants to, maybe a technicality will get him released early like his sister....
    Last edited by Perdita; 17-10-2023 at 10:21.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (17-10-2023), parkerman (17-10-2023), Ruffed_lemur (17-10-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    It has been confirmed that Chris Gascoigne will be able to return when he wants to, maybe a technicality will get him released early like his sister....
    Sounds to me like a few years for manslaughter and an early release for good behaviour

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

Perdita (17-10-2023)

From the way this was filmed, it looked more like "causing death by careless or dangerous driving". Peter came round the corner at speed and travelled a short distance before hitting Stephen. I doubt Peter would have had time to assess the situation and realize what was going on. Why was Stephen in the middle of the road, when he released Jenny he was standing by David's car, about to make his getaway, so why would he step away from it. Then Peter gets out of his car and says "he was going to kill her", but Jenny was nowhere near Stephen, so why would Peter think this. Stephen was standing in the middle of the road looking across the road with his left side facing Peter, he had been holding the bottle in his right hand which could not be seen from Peter's car. So we could not see if he was still holding it or not, altho the police might be able to determine this by finding the broken pieces. I do not think Peter meant to hit him, I do not think Peter even had time to hit the brakes before he hit him. The way it was filmed does not support the narrative.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 17-10-2023 at 09:19.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

lizann (17-10-2023), parkerman (17-10-2023), Ruffed_lemur (17-10-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    From the way this was filmed, it looked more like "causing death by careless or dangerous driving". Peter came round the corner at speed and travelled a short distance before hitting Stephen. I doubt Peter would have had time to assess the situation and realize what was going on. Why was Stephen in the middle of the road, when he released Jenny he was standing by David's car, about to make his getaway, so why would he step away from it. Then Peter gets out of his car and says "he was going to kill her", but Jenny was nowhere near Stephen, so why would Peter think this. Stephen was standing in the middle of the road looking across the road with his left side facing Peter, he had been holding the bottle in his right hand which could not be seen from Peter's car. So we could not see if he was still holding it or not, altho the police might be able to determine this by finding the broken pieces. I do not think Peter meant to hit him, I do not think Peter even had time to hit the brakes before he hit him. The way it was filmed does not support the narrative.
    His problem is that he has said he deliberatly hit him.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

Perdita (17-10-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    His problem is that he has said he deliberatly hit him.
    Which is as good as an admission of murder. Audio description said Peter came round the corner at speed, and the view through the windscreen looked like he was accelerating towards Stephen when he hit him, deliberately, and yet he stopped almost imediately without any screeching of brakes, and Stepehen was lying in front of the car. When you are hit at speed by a car you tend to fly up over the bonnet, but Stephen flew through the air staight ahead.They are trying to tell a story and filmed it to tell another story. If Peter saw that Jenny was no longer in danger, are we meant to believe that he deliberately killed Stepen in front of witnesses.
    It seems after dragging this tale out for months, they decided to wrap it up quickly and did not think it through.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

parkerman (17-10-2023), Perdita (17-10-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    Which is as good as an admission of murder. Audio description said Peter came round the corner at speed, and the view through the windscreen looked like he was accelerating towards Stephen when he hit him, deliberately, and yet he stopped almost imediately without any screeching of brakes, and Stepehen was lying in front of the car. When you are hit at speed by a car you tend to fly up over the bonnet, but Stephen flew through the air staight ahead.They are trying to tell a story and filmed it to tell another story. If Peter saw that Jenny was no longer in danger, are we meant to believe that he deliberately killed Stepen in front of witnesses.
    It seems after dragging this tale out for months, they decided to wrap it up quickly and did not think it through.
    Totally agree with you, normally an exit provided at short notice but they just took the opportunity to get rid of the Stephen character and Peter at pretty much the same time.. Lazy script writing in my humble opinion but I hope that Chris Gascoyne will miss Corrie and come back before too long.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

bratface (17-10-2023), RogerOver (18-10-2023)

id prefer peter off travelling or back in the navy, not prison for stephen

Thread Information