Page 423 of 1124 FirstFirst ... 323373413421422423424425433473523923 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,230 of 11238

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - V

Damn, Geoff is still alive and how pathetic to hear Yasmeen going on about 'Im sorry'. I think Eileen at least has her doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    I'm not convinced that Eileen doesn't have a contrary view to the others in the pub yet. She did disagree with Cathy and Brian before about Yasmeen and say what she'd seen. She might come good yet!
    I hope she speaks up for Yasmeen once Alya returns and tells what Geoffster is really like

Cathy and Brian could not wait to speak to the police to shop in Yasmeen, their friend

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (05-05-2020), Ruffed_lemur (05-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    Bit ironic (Is this the right word?) that Geoff chastised Yasmeen for locking the cupboard where she hid the suitcase, when he did the same with the cupboard where he hid the dress.
    Before things can get better, Yasmin needs to speak up for herself. I doubt that will happen any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    Before things can get better, Yasmin needs to speak up for herself. I doubt that will happen any time soon.
    Too much drama again! - Jasmeen missed his jugular vein and presumably his carotid artery too, I am not a doctor but I wondering why he lost conscious so quick when he actually just sustained a flesh wound. There was not much blood on the floor or on his clothes, the paramedic said he had lost about 500ml of blood, about the same as you give if you donate blood, I don't remember becoming unconscious when I gave blood. Yet Geoff fell over convulsed a bit, and became unconscious. Presumably if he had been left to bleed he would eventually have passed out but not in the way he did, leading Jasmeen to believe he was dead. Yet here we are in hospital, with Geoff on a ventilator and as far as I can see no sign of a drip, either by his bedside or when they took him from the house, and Tim saying they are on the way to give him a blood transfusion, hardly seems to indicate any sense of urgency.

Why are police officers in Soaps always so aggressive when interviewing suspects, the police officer interrogating Jasmeen should just have smacked her across the side of the head with a phone book and be done with it, her style of interviewing ceased years ago. Do the writers not watch documentary programmes like '24 Hours in Police Custody' where the interviewers are generally very polite. Surely Imran should have asked for Jasmeen to be seen by a doctor to determine if she was in a fit state to be interviewed?
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 05-05-2020 at 11:14.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

Brucie (05-05-2020), emerald (06-05-2020), lizann (05-05-2020), parkerman (05-05-2020), RogerOver (05-05-2020)

Usual sloppy writing for last night's episode. They say they go to great lengths consulting experts for the abuse storyline, then the keystone kops turn up and behave like no police force in the history of time, and the whole premise of authenticity falls apart. Allowing Tim to walk into and through a potential murder scene and arresting Yasmeen in the street instead of in the house were just 2 examples worthy of a comedy rather than a drama. They also have an endless supply of rubbish female detectives, turning what are no doubt decent actresses into on screen buffoons. And as for Eileen (yes, the Eileen that was totally fooled by Phelan) declining to mention that she saw Geoff locking Yasmeen in, that's just the icing on the cake.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brucie For This Useful Post:

lizann (05-05-2020), parkerman (05-05-2020), RogerOver (05-05-2020), Son of Cain (05-05-2020)

Quite frankly, I'm beyond caring now with the Geoff/Yasmeen story. It has been such a missed opportunity to help women who find themselves in this situation to find help and deal with it.

And now, it's got even worse with, as Brucie says, the usual Toytown police force that seems to inhabit Weatherfield, who shouldn't even be prefects in a junior school.....

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Brucie (05-05-2020), lizann (05-05-2020), RogerOver (05-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    Too much drama again! - Jasmeen missed his jugular vein and presumably his carotid artery too, I am not a doctor but I wondering why he lost conscious so quick when he actually just sustained a flesh wound. There was not much blood on the floor or on his clothes, the paramedic said he had lost about 500ml of blood, about the same as you give if you donate blood, I don't remember becoming unconscious when I gave blood. Yet Geoff fell over convulsed a bit, and became unconscious. Presumably if he had been left to bleed he would eventually have passed out but not in the way he did, leading Jasmeen to believe he was dead. Yet here we are in hospital, with Geoff on a ventilator and as far as I can see no sign of a drip, either by his bedside or when they took him from the house, and Tim saying they are on the way to give him a blood transfusion, hardly seems to indicate any sense of urgency.

Why are police officers in Soaps always so aggressive when interviewing suspects, the police officer interrogating Jasmeen should just have smacked her across the side of the head with a phone book and be done with it, her style of interviewing ceased years ago. Do the writers not watch documentary programmes like '24 Hours in Police Custody' where the interviewers are generally very polite. Surely Imran should have asked for Jasmeen to be seen by a doctor to determine if she was in a fit state to be interviewed?
    Having read this and the two following posts, I not even going to watch the episode. I skipped through the previous episode with the drawn-out Geoff/Yassmen rubbish.
    I'm sure I'm not the only one, reading the negative posts for the last two episodes I can see CS potentially losing viewers.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RogerOver For This Useful Post:

Brucie (05-05-2020), parkerman (05-05-2020), Perdita (06-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RogerOver View Post
    Having read this and the two following posts, I not even going to watch the episode. I skipped through the previous episode with the drawn-out Geoff/Yassmen rubbish.
    I'm sure I'm not the only one, reading the negative posts for the last two episodes I can see CS potentially losing viewers.
    Please don't be put off viewing because of my posts. You may see it differently. I know I nitpick about the reality of these situations, but I still enjoy it to a certain extent, like the original Crossroads, it is beginning to fall into the "so bad it is good" category.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

Brucie (05-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Brucie View Post
    Usual sloppy writing for last night's episode. They say they go to great lengths consulting experts for the abuse storyline, then the keystone kops turn up and behave like no police force in the history of time, and the whole premise of authenticity falls apart. Allowing Tim to walk into and through a potential murder scene and arresting Yasmeen in the street instead of in the house were just 2 examples worthy of a comedy rather than a drama. They also have an endless supply of rubbish female detectives, turning what are no doubt decent actresses into on screen buffoons. And as for Eileen (yes, the Eileen that was totally fooled by Phelan) declining to mention that she saw Geoff locking Yasmeen in, that's just the icing on the cake.
    I think it is laziness to do proper research unless they are consulting cheap experts. Not sure Yasmeen would be arrested at that point, surely she would have been asked to go to the police station for questioning and only arrested if she refused to go. The state she was in she would have agreed to anything.
    Anyway it should all be over and done with tomorrow when they find Geoff's spy camera. This should show him threatening her with the bread knife. I am not sure if there is audio but even if there is not, when Yameen gets over her state of shock and tells the police that he threatened to kill her, she can claim self defense and the video should support this. As I understand it you do not have to wait until an attacker starts to harm you before you fight back, if you believe your life is in danger, after a verbal threat you are entitled to take appropriate action. Of course we know this will not be cleared up tomorrow, I fear it will continue for a while yet. .
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 05-05-2020 at 15:32.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

Brucie (05-05-2020), Snagglepus (05-05-2020)

geoff held a knife to yasmeen which if the house is examined for crime scene his prints will be on it on the floor by him

18. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Brucie (05-05-2020)

Thread Information