Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - V

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald View Post
    She had a suitcase packed and ready so she knew she would have to leave him at some point; it was a matter of plucking up the courage to break free. I don't think she accepts everything he says any more, which makes their physical intimacy even creepier for me. Also she didn't leave the key lying around for Geoff to find; she just didn't know he would physically take it from her pocket. So up until last night she had some hope and but even that is gone now. Geoff has gone insane now - how is he still able to function as an easy going DJ/magician which is what everyone else knows him as?
    I'm really hoping that characters like Cathy and Tim will start remembering the various incidents (Tim had to rescue her from a magician's box, for heavens sake) and start putting two and two together. Cathy in particular must know by now that something isn't right.
    She has had the suitcase packed for some time now, so as you say she must have felt in some danger and that she might need to leave in a hurry. I am disappointed that has not been able to confide in Kathy. I think this story has been well told, but think it would have been better told involving someone other than Yasmeen as it does not really gel with how she was presented to us originally.

I am not sure but I think Tim may have said that Geoff had retired as a magician, and the hospital DJing might have been a voluntary activity. Now that he works at Speed Dahl he probably has no time for these things. As frequently seems to happen nowadays I think they have re-thought his character to make him less boring. It will be interesting to see it turns out he abused Tim's mother in the past, altho' the father and son relationship would not seem to suggest this. I find it unlikely that when he met Yasmeen that he suddenly changed from being an easy going, but perhaps slightly pompous hospital DJ to this vile bully without some sort hint of similar behavior in his past history.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 01-05-2020 at 09:35.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

Brucie (01-05-2020), parkerman (01-05-2020)

Thread Information