Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - V

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald View Post
    I've no idea what to make of the Katie/Hannah storyline... First of all, the idea of Jim telling Liz in a public place with their "daughter" sitting behind them, was stupid and insensitive. But the whole concept is ridiculous anyway, considering it's been done before with Ali and Ryan anyway, and it's arrived in the middle of Tyrone's storyline about being abandoned/adopted. To be honest, it's one of the worst storylines they've done, and that's saying something.
    The only possibility I can come up with is that it's a scam, and if Jim is in on it, I hope Liz and Steve kick him out of their lives for good and that he never returns to Weatherfield because it's the worst thing he could do to them. And if it's just Katie/Hannah, I hope she gets punished properly and not just forgiven by everyone involved. There's no way the writers can rescue this storyline - it's going to take a huge suspension of belief no matter what happens.
    If ever proof was needed that five episodes a week are too many the Katie/Hannah story is proof. As said above the hospital baby mix up has already been done with Ali and Ryan, not only are they recycling story lines but they are copying other soaps with the Emmerdale Charity Dingle baby Ryan story and on Eastenders Ronnie Mitchell dead badly swap. It's becoming how many 'variations on a theme' can be thought off. All soaps would be better off if they reverted to two or at the most three episodes a week, where there would not be the need to continually find new stories and where proper research and writing could take place.
    I am beginning to feel I was lucky to leave hospital after my birth with my real parents, or did I?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

Brucie (13-09-2018), Glen1 (12-09-2018), Perdita (12-09-2018), RogerOver (12-09-2018), Ruffed_lemur (12-09-2018)

Thread Information