Page 56 of 1124 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758661061565561056 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - V

Poor Gemma. Is she bright enough to realise what has happened and will she give them up ?

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    Poor Gemma. Is she bright enough to realise what has happened and will she give them up ?
    Its a vexing one, but if that was my Nan I would want Gemma gone, she did nothing to help Rita when the louts where going for her in her own home, oh they are my mates wasnt an excuse and Gemma isnt the person now she was when she came into the soap. Gemma storming off to her room was funny, it wont be your room for long Im guessing.

I really was hoping they would give the dementia altzimer role to Rosie not Rita.. the early onset story would of been more interesting on a disposable character like Rosie.

Sallys sister must be bored by now playing the loonie, she was the loonie Kathy in the Bill, but interestingly she work with Sea Bean in a Sharpe so I wonder if she already knew the Ex Mrs Bean who now work in Devs kababs

Rosie?! Rosie Webster?! �� She's far too young to have even early onset of alzheimers! And neither is she hardly a disposable character.
    Rita's on the other hand is just normal alzheimers, she's not young anymore. They can never do this one better than emmerdale did with Ashley. So why to do it?
    I have no sympathy for Rita at all. I think she's turned into a miserable old woman and I found it shocking that straight away she went accusing Gemma and calling police without thinking that maybe those two girls robbed the shop without her. The first thing she should have done anyway after them two were in the apartment, was to change the code, just in case. And how wasn't there signs of a forced entry? They used a crowbar to get in before turning off the alarm? Again, copying emmerdale with Eric and the shop. Rita could be robbed in every episode and I couldn't care less. She's an awful woman.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariba For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (18-08-2017), Splashy (17-08-2017)

Hey mariba.

Sadly younger early onset alzheimers is a thing... Im not sure how old Rosie is but she must be in her late 20s by now, certainly this awful issue has been documented in those of that age. Yes it is extremely rare and associated with a gene in the family's make up but then so is Huntington disease and Ive lost count how many characters in soap have got that.

Its too easy to give Rita the issue, most older folk suffer memory issues especially when under stress that dosent mean anything more than old age.

No signs of forced entry because the door was unlocked. But then I got confused because I thought they were breaking into the flat not the shop

I feel in a soap you need stabilising characters, ones you can always recognise while the cast moves in and out around them, Ritta in corrie is one, she glues together story lines while not ending as the end story.. to give her alzheimers is an end game and certain end to her.. give it to Rosie,, lets face it after the Jungle a not too liked actress ATM might up her acting and give her the chance to do other great things once the story line ends..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Dennis tanner (17-08-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by mariba View Post
    And how wasn't there signs of a forced entry? They used a crowbar to get in before turning off the alarm?
    They had a crowbar and went to use it but found they didn't need to as the door was left unlocked. So there was no forced entry.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (17-08-2017), Glen1 (18-08-2017), lizann (18-08-2017), mariba (18-08-2017), Splashy (18-08-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by mariba View Post
    Rosie?! Rosie Webster?! �� She's far too young to have even early onset of alzheimers! And neither is she hardly a disposable character.
    Rita's on the other hand is just normal alzheimers, she's not young anymore. They can never do this one better than emmerdale did with Ashley. So why to do it?
    I have no sympathy for Rita at all. I think she's turned into a miserable old woman and I found it shocking that straight away she went accusing Gemma and calling police without thinking that maybe those two girls robbed the shop without her. The first thing she should have done anyway after them two were in the apartment, was to change the code, just in case. And how wasn't there signs of a forced entry? They used a crowbar to get in before turning off the alarm? Again, copying emmerdale with Eric and the shop. Rita could be robbed in every episode and I couldn't care less. She's an awful woman.
    I still say that Rita is basically a good woman

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (17-08-2017), LouiseP (17-08-2017), Perdita (17-08-2017), Ruffed_lemur (17-08-2017), Splashy (18-08-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    I still say that Rita is basically a good woman
    As long as she doesn't sing I will agree with your comments.
    The People's Channel

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to flappinfanny For This Useful Post:

Dennis tanner (18-08-2017), Glen1 (18-08-2017), lizann (18-08-2017), LouiseP (18-08-2017), parkerman (18-08-2017), Splashy (18-08-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by flappinfanny View Post

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (19-08-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by flappinfanny View Post
    Corrie have ever only had one great singer Hilda Ogden.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Glen1 For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (19-08-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Glen1 View Post
    Corrie have ever only had one great singer Hilda Ogden.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

flappinfanny (19-08-2017), Glen1 (18-08-2017)

Thread Information