Page 491 of 1129 FirstFirst ... 391441481489490491492493501541591991 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,910 of 11286

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - V

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    I'm surprised that Imran has accepted the case to the extent of giving his services free and hiring an expensive barrister. Should he not have given Leanne and Steve a realistic assessment of the case?
    I think he is doing it as a favour to Toyah's sister ... and Leanne and Steve would more than likely not listen to his assessment anyway....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (06-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I think he is doing it as a favour to Toyah's sister ... and Leanne and Steve would more than likely not listen to his assessment anyway....
    No they probably wouldn't, but surely he owes it to them to be honest with them, given they are planning to sell their homes and their businesses.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Brucie (07-10-2020), Perdita (07-10-2020), Son of Cain (06-10-2020)

imran working for free on yasmeen case also

I think in recent times Tracey has tried to be more sympathetic, but I can see her viewpoint. I don't think she wants to be seen as the bad guy this time but you can see it in her face in the hospital (and to a lesser extent Nicks) when Leanne and Steve were railing against both Dr Howarth and the mediator. As was mentioned Dr Howarth was basically brought in because Leanne refused to accept the findings of the previous Doctor, Ward I think the name was.

The reason that Dr Howarth phoned Dr Schmidt was probaby that they could converse with each other with all the required medical terms. Not to make Leanne and Steve sound stupid, but there will be medical jargon used that they don't understand, we've all had cases of that, not just with medical terms, where some technical jargon is used and your response is basically "And that means what?".

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jadefalcon For This Useful Post:

Perdita (07-10-2020), Son of Cain (07-10-2020)

Given that the German team won't treat Oliver because the actual severity of his illness, as opposed to Leanne's version of it, doesn't fit their criteria, and nobody else is offering an alternative treatment plan, what's the point of a legal battle? Just a lazy storyline to enable Leanne to unleash her inner fishwife and abuse NHS staff, which is just what the world needs.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brucie For This Useful Post:

parkerman (07-10-2020), Son of Cain (07-10-2020)

The Alder Hey case went on for over 12 months, I hope this one is put to bed a lot sooner.
    Last edited by Snagglepus; 07-10-2020 at 13:20.
    Sent from my desktop computer using my fingers on the keyboard.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Snagglepus For This Useful Post:

Perdita (07-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Snagglepus View Post
    The Alder Hey case went on for over 12 months, I hope this one is put to bed a lot sooner.
    It will not last that long as I think Oliver is so ill he will sadly pass, in typical soap style I suspect Christmas time. Nick will spend time with his new found son which will mean the end of him and Leanne as only Jack and Vera and Hilda and Stan were allowed to have long lasting marriages with their ups and downs ..

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Brucie (07-10-2020), parkerman (07-10-2020), Son of Cain (07-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Brucie View Post
    Given that the German team won't treat Oliver because the actual severity of his illness, as opposed to Leanne's version of it, doesn't fit their criteria, and nobody else is offering an alternative treatment plan, what's the point of a legal battle? Just a lazy storyline to enable Leanne to unleash her inner fishwife and abuse NHS staff, which is just what the world needs.
    I think they are still trying to find an alternative treatment plan, so the legal battle talk is like the Alder Hey case.

Despite all the recent NHS glory, they still do make many mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadefalcon View Post
    I think in recent times Tracey has tried to be more sympathetic, but I can see her viewpoint. I don't think she wants to be seen as the bad guy this time but you can see it in her face in the hospital (and to a lesser extent Nicks) when Leanne and Steve were railing against both Dr Howarth and the mediator. As was mentioned Dr Howarth was basically brought in because Leanne refused to accept the findings of the previous Doctor, Ward I think the name was.

The reason that Dr Howarth phoned Dr Schmidt was probaby that they could converse with each other with all the required medical terms. Not to make Leanne and Steve sound stupid, but there will be medical jargon used that they don't understand, we've all had cases of that, not just with medical terms, where some technical jargon is used and your response is basically "And that means what?".
    I feel certainb that Dr Howarth would pack the patient off to Germany and out of her hands if she thought it was practical

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis tanner For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (09-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis tanner View Post
    I feel certainb that Dr Howarth would pack the patient off to Germany and out of her hands if she thought it was practical
    I do myself, Dr Howarth has tried to say that it's not a case of 'freeing up a bed' or not trying, but that it just not possible.

It seems barring putting him on permanent life support or in cryo storage (something more from the realms of science fiction), there is no hope for Oliver.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jadefalcon For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (09-10-2020)

Thread Information