Page 507 of 1129 FirstFirst ... 74074574975055065075085095175576071007 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,070 of 11284

Thread: Coronation Street - Current Episode Discussion - V

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    When our other cat died we never got another as I could face having to go through that again.
    Very understandable but I hope that one day you can give an abandoned pet a home ... they will not replace what you had, of course but will give you all the love and gratitude they have xxx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Son of Cain (15-11-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    I think her family and friends would still be there for her. I really don't know how she would cope though. Jane Danson plays this as if it is real.
    Leanne will have to let them in, at present she still sees everyone as being against her and conspiring against her and Oliver. Hopefully they will still be there for her when she is ready to accept help.
    Last edited by Son of Cain; 15-11-2020 at 17:25.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Son of Cain For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (16-11-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Not needed now as that money was for Oliver's treatment in Germany ...
    At first it was yes, but later it was for any legal fees and additional fees needed after the German Doctor would not go any further.

Also, when Steve was talking on his own to a comatose Oliver about how bad things were, am I the only one that wondered if he was going to switch the machines off?
    Last edited by Jadefalcon; 15-11-2020 at 19:51.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jadefalcon For This Useful Post:

Perdita (16-11-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadefalcon View Post
    At first it was yes, but later it was for any legal fees and additional fees needed after the German Doctor would not go any further.

Also, when Steve was talking on his own to a comatose Oliver about how bad things were, am I the only one that wondered if he was going to switch the machines off?
    Yes, I wondered that too, now I thinking that maybe it will be Leanne who will do it.

Surprisingly moving episode. Simon Gregson was superb (I never thought i would say that) Well done to all concerned.

fairly obvious no child in the bed while steve and leanne arguing

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    fairly obvious no child in the bed while steve and leanne arguing
    Probably on purpose so not to scare the 3 year old child who plays Oliver ... not sure why they did not use a doll though ...

Steve does a good impression of Beaker (muppet) with that mouth.
    Sent from my desktop computer using my fingers on the keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Cain View Post
    I think this story has been well told. Leanne's aggressiveness and unpleasant behavior are in character for her, she has always been like this even tho' it has done her no favours in the Oliver story. Leanne has always been hot headed and aggressive and does not listen the other person's point of view before jumping in with both feet. She has taken things too far in this case by accusing Dr Howarth and others of wanting to "murder" her son no doctor would do this. Leanne simply cannot accept the reality of the situation, even if the courts agreed to keep Oliver on life support there is currently no cure or treatment for him, even if there was in the future, he is is having continual brain damage and so it would be too late for him. I think that Leanne feels that as long as Oliver is kept on life support he is still with her even if he is unresponsive and she clings to the hope that he one day he will come back to her. The thought of turning off the machine is unbearable to her, as then she will have to accept he is gone foreveer and she is simply not ready for this. When this happens she will have nothing to fight for, and this is what has kept her going. Unfortunately she has driven everyone away from her, and one can only hope, her family will have the patience to be there waiting for her to come to terms with the situation.
    While not on the same scale I was in tears and found it extremely difficult to agree to the vet putting my cat down, I had hoped that he would simply die in his sleep and alleviate me from having to make that decision. So I can understand Leanne and do not know how I would have reacted in her situation.
    Leanne has to tell herself that the decision is out of her hands, especially after the court decision.

On two occasions we have had to agree with the Vets killing our dogs. They ask for our consent but the reality is that we could not say otherwise when our pets are suffering and cannot be cured.

What annoys me about this storyline is the social distancing aspect. I know it's out of the producer's hands but it means no one can comfort each other during this awful time. The example that stands out for me was in the courtroom last week when everyone was sitting apart and none of the characters were able to comfort Leanne as the judge gave her verdict.
    I agree that she wants to fight for her child and can't accept that he has no quality of life, but I don't like how vile she's being to everyone.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to emerald For This Useful Post:

Jadefalcon (17-11-2020)

Thread Information